“Still a Great Meal” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 655 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American, Continental, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Description: Lunch & Dinner, last seating at 8:00, Casual decor, Some outside seating, Beer & Wine
Maine
“Still a Great Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

It was a cold night so there was no chance to sit outside. However the inside was warm and inviting with friendly waitresses. They are pretty casual which is fine for us.

My husband had the onions soup which was very, very good. Seasoned just right with lots of cheese. Two spoons were in order for this one.

The rolls were hot from the oven with lots of great herbs and one went right to the onion soup for dipping.

My husband had the tasting appetizer which he said was all great. I had the baked stuffed shrimp which were very good and not at all overcooked which is so often the case. The salad which came with it was a bit small but plenty with a full meal and the dressing was very tasty. The carrots and beets which came with the shrimp were OK but the beets could have been cooked a bit more for my taste. All in all a very nice meal in a pleasant atmosphere.

Jacksonville, Florida
“THE Chef's Table in Fort Myers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Every course, every appetizer, entree, and dessert is being prepared when you order it by the one skilled chef/owner David in the back. Every steak is hand-cut and trimmed, beef ground fresh daily. The value here is an understatement: We ordered the stuffed mushrooms with crabmeat for $10, and there was more than $10 worth of lump crabmeat in the dish, finished with a nice lemon/wine/butter sauce. While our dinner will be something we will remember for a long time to come, I would also recommend Kenwood for lunch: For the price of a burger at a local casual dining franchise you can get a range of sandwiches, from the Godfather (I'm not sure Marlon Brando could handle this one) to California hamburgers. Don't overlook the soups: If you are a French Onion foodie, this is for you; And if you love Butternut Squash soup grab it when it is offered. There is a reason a small establishment tucked behind an Olive Garden gets rave reviews; Gourmet that doesn't have to be 'jacket only' but the taste and service are the same as places with dress codes.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“What a Surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We're in our 60s and we've eaten at simple places and very high end places. We we looking for a German meal ( one site mentioned it had German food) only found pork chops, with Potato Pancakes. We knew the portions would be large, so we ask to split it.... $7 split charge, was a bit high, but that included 2 salads or soups. The food quality was excellent and well prepared. Actually, look at the details, the bread was good (even served a high quality butter), salad had High Quality Black Olives. All of these little things tell you you're getting a quality meal. Overall, we like it...

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Abbotsford, Canada
“Good meal at Kenwood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We were here for dinner with my brother-in-law. The waitresses really are very friendly. The ambiance is very casual. Portions are large and the food is very tasty. Prices are somewhat on the high side but the food is well prepared, if the ambiance was a bit nicer the prices probably wouldn't be out of line but the ambiance is more of a casual coffee shop with vinyl booths and wooden chairs. The dinners come with choice of soup or salad. My brother-in-law started off with French Onion soup and he said that it was very good, he followed that with the house salad. I had the soup of the day - a beef barley soup and it was really very good, plenty of barley and vegetables and nicely seasoned. My husband had the salad to start. For entrees, my brother-in-law had chicken in a mushroom sauce, I had pork chops with pancetta bacon and apples and my husband had the veal chop with portobello mushrooms. The portions are large and the chicken and pork chop came with a large side dish of carrots and beets. The pork chops were boneless but they were perfectly cooked and tender and moist. My husbands veal chop was huge and was also perfectly cooked and seasoned. We were too full for dessert.

I would try this restaurant again

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, MA
“Delicious food and wonderful service. Very convenient to Barbara B Mann hall.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Took my parents out for a nice dinner and this restaurant was a delight. The menu is varied and offers seething for everyone. The shrimp Pernod was outstanding with he made pasta cooked perfectly. We sat on the back lanai and our server Nada was a joy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere