“Like it should be. Top restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 649 restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Description: Lunch & Dinner, Casual decor, Some outside seating, Beer & Wine
Bressanone, Italy
“Like it should be. Top restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I went with my wife to this restaurant due to the good reviews at Tripadvisor. A lovely atmosphere and really nice waitresses that let you feel like being home.

Certainly a great place if you want to have great food and a nice time. We can only recommend this place.

91% Recommend
ft. myers
“Superior alternative to chain restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I know how vacation dining works--you stick to the generic big chains, rather than risk a bad no-name experience. But that's why Tripadvisor is here, right? In Ft. Myers, one of the best dining places is only 100 yards behind Olive Garden. This place has a delicious and varied menu in a quiet setting. Besides, you can always hit the chain restaurants when you get home. By the way, Stonewood Grill and Mona Lisa are an additional pair of great local chain alternatives, and they're right around the corner.

Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I dined at Kenwood Grille last week and it was a terrific experience.When I called to make reservations on Friday night,I was asked if we had theatre tickets(we did)and I was told they like to know that so they can make sure you are out on time for the show.That level of thoughtfulness continued from the moment we entered the door until we left.As we were being seated,I casually remarked to my wife that I had forgotten my reading glasses to read the menu and another server from across the room came running to me with reading glasses!
The food was even better than the great service.We had the Mushroom Alfredo soup and it was outstanding.My wife had the prok chops with apple stuffing,a menu item from one of the inns in Colonial Williamsburg,and said it was great.I had the rib eye with bleu cheese and applewood bacon topping and the flavor just burst out in every bite.
All in all,we were very impressed with Kenwood Grille and will return soon-a fantastic dining experience!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Morristown, New Jersey
“What a find...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Went there based on reviews we found on tripadvisor. What a find!!! Thje food was great, the service was wonderful (our server was the chef's wife), and the atmosphere was casual. Highly recommended.

Eugene, Oregon
“Atmosphere is like a diner but prices are high”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

The menu is unique and creative for Fort Myers, but most items are under spiced. This could be due to the tastes of the majority of the local clientele. The prices are adequate for most of the items on the menu, but my complaint is the atmosphere and service of the restaurant does not match the menu prices. Service is very slow and, for example we only got one roll per person and no butter.

The waitresses are VERY nice but they act like it is your corner diner. They are very loud and there is way too much conversation going on. It is a small room with a lot of echo, so every exchange with a table is something you have to hear as if it is next to you. The waitresses remind me of the waitresses at Disney's Prime Time Cafe that are told to be boiterous and treat you like you are eating at mama's kitchen. It is all very kind and sweet, but not when you are on a date and paying $30.00 for an entree. If you do visit Kenwood, I recommend the crab cakes and for dessert the zuccoto cake.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
jsbutterfield, Owner at Kenwood Lane Grille, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Kenwood Lane Grille would like to thank you for mentioning our unique and creative menu. Our Chef spends many hours in its design and execution. Thank you for noticing, our “waitresses are very nice”, they enjoy visiting with our regulars and new guests and like to make them feel at ease. Many of our visitors are on vacation and especially enjoy our friendly, casual atmosphere. They appreciate knowing that they can come as they are for a good quality meal and not feel out of place or under dressed and the room was specifically designed to reflex that comfort. Our service may be perceived as “slow” by some but we make it a policy not to rush our guests through their dinner date unless requested. It is unfortunate that you did not receive more rolls and butter, had you ask we would have happily obliged. It is so very kind of you to recommend our house made Zuccotto dessert ($8) and our Crab Cake Dinner made with lump crab meat ($21,) all of our dinners come with a choice of soup or salad & homemade dinner rolls.