“Love this restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 649 restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Description: Lunch & Dinner, Casual decor, Some outside seating, Beer & Wine
Fort Myers, Florida
“Love this restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My partner and I eat at Kenwood often. We have always enjoyed every meal. The desserts are excellent. The wait staff in very personable and knowledgeable.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

91% Recommend
Fort Myers, Florida
“Will not be back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Went there with another couple last night and all four of us were disappointed. We got two taster plates to share as appetizers. The taster plates included stuffed mushrooms, grilled shrimp and potato cakes. We all were happy with the appetizers, and looked forward to the rest of our meal. It all went down hill from there. Three of us ordered steaks. Two were served pretty much raw. We returned them(which is something I rarely do), and they came back nearly the same. I realize there can be different interpretations of medium rare, but what they served me seriously bordered on the raw side. My wife had crab stuffed shrimp. The stuffing was overcooked and the shrimp was undercooked. At the end of the night the waitress spent about two minutes trying to persuade us to buy dessert. Then another waitress came over and mentioned that the restaurant recently lost its number 1 spot on tripadvisor, and asked if we would be kind enough to leave a review if we were happy with our meal. I was thinking to myself I will be leaving a review but not the kind you want. If you do go, which after my last meal there I suggest you don't, you should sit outside. I feel bad leaving a poor review for a small family owned establishment, but I also felt bad as i was eating my dinner, and even worse when I got the check.

Visited December 2012
jsbutterfield, Owner at Kenwood Lane Grille, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Kenwood Lane Grille finds it disappointing that you were unsatisfied with your meal. It is a shame that you needed to send your steak back to the kitchen and the Chef does apologize for undercooking your beef. Unfortunately we are not clear about your comment of overcooking the stuffing in the stuffed shrimp and cannot address it. It is the policy of the restaurant to highlight our homemade desserts. Even though we understand that undercooking your steak may hinder your experience we find it a bit extreme to give us two stars and suggest that people not come.
“Good Food, Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

While staying overnight in the Fort Meyers area, my wife found Kenwood Lane Grille on trip advisor. It was within a mile of our hotel so we decided to give it a try for dinner. Glad we did. It was early on a Wednesday night and the restaurant was nearly empty. Our waitress was very personable and efficient. Both my wife and I ordered the Forest Mushroom Risotto with added chicken for dinner. It came with soup of the day or a salad and fresh warm rolls. The rolls were excellent - we even asked for more while we were waiting for our risotto. The risotto takes a little extra time to prepare since each order is prepared fresh. It's worth the wait. My dinner salad was fresh, cold and crisp. The risotto was excellent. We split a piece of cheesecake for dessert . It was very good - not over sweet. It's topped with a chocolate ganache. Being a cheesecake purest, I'd rather have it plain or with fresh berries but my wife liked the ganache. Dinner for two, including a bottle of wine and splitting dessert ran about $85 before tip. Overall it was a very good experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Ohio
“Great service, great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We had a great server who had interesting tidbits of information. Ate there for lunch - many wonderful options. No room for dessert but they all sounded fantastic (as described by our server and by a man sitting at the next table.) Outdoor patio had a neat feel to it. Restroom had funny pictures made of hand-cut quotes. This place seems like a good stopping point for a group of women on a vacation.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great for dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

From the warmed tea cups to the hot home made rolls, everything was great. We enjoyed the doggy bags of strip steak and chicken champignon almost as much the next day for lunch. Service was outstanding and food well above average. Food was definitely chef prepared. We were surprised that there weren't more folks there but we did come late. Eating outside was delightful. Cheesecake with raspberry sauce was great with crispy (not soft) graham cracker crust. We would recommend this to anyone.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere