“Great Wedding Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
florida
“Great Wedding Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My daughter got married this past weekend at The Veranda on the outside Patio. They set up everything very nicely and paid special attention to all of the details we expressed we wanted. The food was exceptional (as usual). The wait staff was friendly and very helpful. The area was clean and everything was well organized. I would highly recommend you having this spot for any type of celebration.

Estero, Florida, United States
“So Disappointed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Last night 10/18 we went to the Veranda for the first time to celebrate my birthday. We ordered the Caesar salad which was prepared table side. It was lacking garlic and not enough anchovies. We watched the waiter pick out one anchovy. For our main course we ordered the Chateaubriand cooked medium rare. It was totally mealy in consistency. The texture of the meat was broken down, so we concluded that it had been frozen, possibly more than once! By the time we returned home, I became ill and was sick to my stomach again this morning. Not the birthday dinner we expected for the $165.00 we spent!

The restaurant building itself is beautiful and does offer valet parking, but there is a lot across the street. We were seated at a table in the middle of the traffic isle so there was a constant flow of people passing by. If we decide to give this restaurant another chance, we will know better and request a specific table. The waiters were all in tux's and bus boys in crisp white shirts. However, this does not make up for a lousey, inadequate meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Elegantly Casual”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Grand throwback to a more refined era of personalized service and very high quality dining. The setting is perfect for a romantic dinner or to dine with close friends. The garden is inviting and the white table cloth experience is very classy while comfortable..... High marks for Pete and his team. Chosse whatever from the specials or menu but the chocolate pate is a must!

We will return.

• Visited September 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This place is kind of out of the past and due for an update to the restaurant itself but it's still lovely and the food is top notch. The garden is very pretty and visible from almost every seat, if it's too hot to eat outside. But if not, I would definitely recommend it. The service is also old school with older male waiters in tuxedos but so what?? Our meal was excellent and everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Out of 6 of us, no one was disappointed. The next time I come to FM, I will certainly eat here.

Fort Myers, Florida
“not what I expected”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This restaurant has a very good reputation so maybe I expected too much. It was lovely & the service was friendly, but the food wasn't good at all. I ordered Danell Beef which was cut up steak with a thick salty sauce. The "chef's choice" for vegies was mashed potatoes (oh, no) and green beens in various shades of green. There were no mushrooms or capers, nothing but this plain looking meal with too much salt. I had to ask for the bread, altho I saw other tables get theirs without having to ask. The bread was kind of pumpkin colored & had been dipped in a sugary glaze which got all over you hands. Ugh!

• Visited September 2013