“Lovely restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Fort Myers, Florida
“Lovely restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Always a nice place for a special occasion. The menu is varied, but nothing for a vegetarian, as everything is sometime of meat, or seafood. If you are on a low or reduced sodium diet, this might be the place for you, as typical in southern cuisine, it's very salty. I ordered the onion soup, but couldn't finish it, as it was very salty, (I think they use bullion cubes instead of the natural meat drippings). Also, I'd recommend you get the salad dressing on the side. Overall, the wine selection is good either by the glass or bottle.

Visited June 2013

87% Recommend
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Only 5 star place in area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

O. M. G. I'm very much of a Chicago foodie and this place could hold its own with any big city restaurant. The Southern Grit Cakes with pepper Jack cheese & Andouille sausage were an amazing app. Bread is served with a red pepper jelly that sounded scary but was out of this world good. If you can sit outside - the setting is beyond beautiful.

Visited December 2012
Cape Coral, Florida
“Top shelf dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife took me here for my Birthday - it's a real treat to dine here. Great service, menu, drinks and desserts in a pleasant atmosphere - but expect to pay premium prices. Valet parking is free but don't forget to tip the attendant.

• Visited June 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Old World Charm!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We had lunch at this lovely place. Don't forget to read the interesting history on the menu. Our table was next to the windows facing the patio. The service was excellent and the food fresh and well presented. I had the Veranda Carpetbagger sandwich and my husband had the Quilted Chicken and both were delicious. We shared a shrimp cocktail to start and the big tasty gulf shrimp were perfect! For dessert we shared the 'triple layered chocolate pate' which was rich and wonderful. We enjoyed everything including the special table bread. We've just moved to Fort Myers and we will dine at The Veranda again.

• Visited June 2013
Lehigh Acres, Florida
“Very special place for a special occasion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I give this restaurant 5 stars across the board. I went there with my wife on our 25th anniversary May 15th 2013. I made reservations a month in advance. I had the roast rack of lamb, outstanding. My wife had salmon, she loved it. The wine selection is one of the best in the area, the desserts over the top. The atmosphere is very quaint and warm. Although not inexpensive, it is worth the price, my favorite special occasion in this area.

• Visited May 2013