“Always Good” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
“Always Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We always have a consistently good meal here. We often have the Skippers Catch platter; the fried shrimp, clams, and fish are always hot and crispy. We don't leave with that "greasy" taste in our mouth - simply a full tummy. The onion rings, fries, and hush puppies are also delish. We have taken several visitors here and they've all liked the food. The prices are very reasonable and service is always good. I highly recommend this place and will return again and again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Reliably good meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here several times and never had a bad meal. I always eat shrimp so I can't comment on anything else. The special for the night was a grilled garlic shrimp. It had very little garlic flavor but was still good grilled shrimp. Hush puppies are awesome and really wanted more than the one tiny one I got on my plate. Green beans were great! Always a solid meal.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Naples, Florida
“Well . . . . I should have ordered shrimp”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Since shrimp is in the name that should have been my clue to order just that. i called ahead to Shrimp Shack for a take out order - my girlfriend is recovering from an operation. I ordered the baked whitefish, spicy chicken, coleslaw, hush puppies and green beans.

The fish was good - just that, nothing special. the spicy chicken wasn't spicy at all but it was fresh and tender. The coleslaw disappointed but the hush puppies were as southern good as you can get. The green beans were ordinary.

It took a while to get the food. While they were not exceptionally busy, I could see from my seat, as I waited for my order, that the cook was not getting along with a couple of the wait people. I noted a couple of orders sitting under the heat lamps 15 minutes before going out.

So, the food was okay, not great and the service, weak. I think I will try some other shrimp/fish restaurant before I return to the Shrimp Shack.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fort Worth, TX
“Brief stop on the way to paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Driving from Fort Myers airport to Sanibel Island. We were hungry and decided to check smart phone for a seafood place. The Shrimp Shack was a winner. We ordered fish tacos with black beans & rice and blackened tilapia with slaw. Both were very good! Friendly wait staff. Would stop there again!

Visited June 2013
“Great Fried Seafood and Burger!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Ate here with spouse and 3 teenage grandsons. Fish, shrimp, and clams were all very good. However, can't vouch for anything that isn't fried....we didn't eat exactly healthy here. Two in our group ordered burgers and fries and said they were yummy. The French fries were hot and tasty, but the onion rings were a bit greasy. The slaw (our one veggie) was quite sweet.....not sure what was in it. We were seated quickly and service was good. A good place for fried seafood at a fair price in a relaxed atmosphere. Will definitely eat here again.

• Visited June 2013