“Amazing breakfast, even better service.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 649 restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American, Diner, Healthy, Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Fort Myers, Florida
“Amazing breakfast, even better service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

As a self proclaimed breakfast connoisseur I enjoy trying different places that specialize in breakfasts. I had heard great things about First Watch but never had a chance to stop in and give it a try. I am very happy that I did this week. The food was fresh, filling and tasted great. My server was a rock star and provided great service. I will be back many times to come. The turkey sausage is awesome, give it a try.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jessica R, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Ryan G - We are very happy you finally were able to give us a try. Thanks for stopping in! Especially since you are a breakfast connoisseur, we are thrilled our fresh, tasty and filling food exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you back again and again!

83% Recommend
“Decent Breakfast Spot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

When looking for a breakfast spot in Fort Myers, this one came highly recommended. Maybe it's because I'm used to Jersey diners, where the French Toast is inch-thick Challah bread soaked in egg and toasted to perfection. First Watch's French Toast was a disappointment to say the least. The Bacon and Onion Hash was much better choice. Luckily, my girlfriend and I went halfsies on both dishes.

The service was pretty bad. When I asked the waiter if they served turkey bacon for the Hash, he let me know they did not. You would think that he would offer turkey sausage instead, which they do serve. He did not. The English muffin that came with the eggs we ordered arrived a full 15 minutes after we began eating. I didn't see the point in bringing it since we had basically finished our meal.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Jessica R, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
sabusong - While we are pleased you enjoyed our hash, we are very sorry our French Toast and service fell short of your expectations. We appreciate your comments and will address them with the team. You should always expect the best from us in all areas, so your feedback will be taken serious.

“Great breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We had breakfast in First watch for the first time. We mentioned that it was our first time to the waiter and he said "ok, great, then I will put an order of our fruit crepes for you to know what we are all about" (apparently they do this with all first timers). He brought coffee, we ordered juice and minutes later the complimentary plate arrived, it was delicious, it had fresh fruits a strawberry yogurt sauce and granola to put on top. My husband had the triathlete omelet with a lemon poppy seed muffin and I had the parma hash, it was all delicious. Service was friendly and attentive. We arrive a little before 10am on a Sunday and had a 10 minutes wait, when we left there was a huge line in the street but I would say it is worth the wait. We are definitely going back to First Watch!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Jessica R, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
AVGW - We are thrilled you had a great first visit! Thank you for giving us a try and we hope to see you back for another tasty meal soon.

North Palm Beach, Florida
“Good Breakfast Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is a good breakfast place and evidently a popular one. We had to wait a few minutes to get a booth on a weekday, but the management was functional and we were seated in a short period of time. The food was good and came in a timely manner. The lemon poppy seed muffin was fresh and warm. The omelet with egg whites [and without an extra charge] was well-prepared and very tasty. It came with salad greens and a muffin. The coffee --- meh! I'm a peetnik, devoted to Peet's and even though there are no Peet's in Florida, I have it shipped in. I travel with my Peet's and am thankful to have had my Peet's earlier before trying the coffee at First Watch which seemed burnt and a little old.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jessica R, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
ReachOutoftheDark - Thank you for coming by! We are very happy you enjoyed a delicious meal and attentive service during your visit. We do take our coffee very seriously, so we appreciate your feedback. Our Sunrise Select Premium Blend coffee is made with slow-roasted, hand-selected, high-grown Panamanian, Colombian and Mexican coffee beans. It should never have the tastes you describe, so we will make sure it’s being prepared and served correctly. We hope to see you again soon!

“Many unique items”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was surprised how many unique items they have on their breakfast menu. Three of us went and ordered three different things so we could taste them. Everything was above average and the pancakes are quite good.

Visited October 2013