“Good BBQ” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Crestwood, Kentucky
“Good BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband has been coming to this restaurant since he was 3. The food here is really good. The pork and beef sandwiches are our favorites. The recipe hasn't changed. It is very good.
Try it, you will love it.

St Charles,Missouri
“Wonderful tender ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

After a long drive to join friends who have a home here, we were welcomed with ribs from this place! What a great choice! They were tender, meaty, and the smell warmed the senses!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Myers, Florida
“Well Worth The Hunt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

It's located just off the main road, but not that hard to find. And the food is really good. This is a family-operated restaurant that serves a limited menu that allows them to do it right. Beef, pork, chicken and ribs...what else do you want in a BBQ? And their homemade side dishes are as good as the entrees. The interior is open and simple but attractive and clean as a whistle. No alcohol is served, but the food is so good you won't miss that. Prices are moderate indeed, and it is a great spot for families as well as individuals or couples. It took me a while to get around to trying it, but my wife and I will be back...and soon.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Myers, Florida
“Don't know what happened to this place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

We used to eat at this place about 20 years ago and it was very good. I should have taken the hint when we pulled in the parking lot today (saturday) at 5 pm and there were 2 cars in the lot.
Entering the restaurant, we were greated with a wonderful barbeque aroma and I was looking forward to a nice meal.
I ordered a combo plate with beef and pork, my companion ordered the 1/2 chicken plate. I have no idea how old the food was, but there is no way it was prepared today. The meat was completely dried out and not even heated all the way through, the chicken was burnt and dry as well. I was shocked they would actually serve this! I would be ashamed to serve food remotely as bad as this.
I am not sure why I had such a terrible meal after reading the other reviews here, maybe they had a bad week or, a slow week and trying to use up leftover food, but I will never return there.
I never write reviews for restaurants good or bad, but this was so horrible I took the time to write this one.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Northern New Jersey
“The smell was mouth watering”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

We had no plans to visit this restaurant, but having left shopping nearby the beautiful smell pulled us in for an early lunch-- before 11:30.

Had a rib and chicken combo and the ribs were a bit stringy as they could have been cooked a bit longer. The rub was flavorful and perfectly cooked into the meat and you had the option of using bar-be-que sauce, which was unnecessary. As an side dish, we had the fresh fried okra which was perfect from the first bite to the last.

It has an old time atmosphere and the service was good. The place was spotlessly clean including the bathrooms. It was deadly quiet and some background would have added to the atmosphere.

• Visited November 2013