“The Best Burger I've EVER Had!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Hamburgers
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“The Best Burger I've EVER Had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The other night, my wife and I were looking for some place that we hadn't eaten yet. She suggested that we try Square 1 Burgers and Bar. We had been past it many times and commented that we should really stop in some time. We did -- and it was incredible! The atmosphere in the restaurant was pleasant, upbeat, but not too loud and it was uniquely decorated. We were seated right away and greeted by an extremely friendly and pleasant young lady. She asked if we had been to the restaurant before and proceeded to explain a little about the philosophy of the restaurant and some of it's outstanding features. We looked over the menu and was really surprised to see a wide variety of dishes to order. It was obvious that their specialty was burgers and that is what we had. My wife ordered an Angus burger and I had ordered a Kobe beef burger. The Kobe upgrade was a couple of dollars more, but nothing to get excited over at all. We also had Onion rings with our burgers and a mixed drink and wine. During our wait for the meal the waitress stopped a couple of times to talk and see how we were doing and to also see if our drinks were ok. She also brought an appetizer dish that we had ordered. Our appetizer was a sampler of several of their items on the menu. It was delicious and our drinks were perfectly made. Our meals arrived promptly and the presentation was great. The Onion rings were the best that I had ever had at any restaurant. Large, Sweet, crispy, not greasy or oily in the least. They really were perfect in every way. The burgers looked delicious and they were edible without feeling like you were wearing them by the end of the meal. Best of all the burgers were out of this world. I took a bite of my own burger and it truly was the finest burger that I had ever had. It was cooked perfectly, the temperature was perfect and it simply melted in my mouth. While my burger had some South of the boarder toppings on it - it wouldn't have needed them. I am convinced that they could have brought this burger out with nothing on it and it would still have been the best burger that I had ever had. I know, I know..........it was just a burger, but the taste of this burger was above and beyond anything that I had ever had before. I asked my wife how her burger was and she also commented that the taste of her burger was incredible. She had ordered the Angus burger. I tasted it and it too was really exceptionally good. Needless to say, we were very pleased that we decided to stop at Square 1 Burgers and Bar. The atmosphere was very nice, the wait staff was friendly and knowledgeable and the food was out of this world. the price of our meal was very reasonable. We had an appetizer for two, a Margarita and Wine and Two delicious meals
(all the food we could eat) and a very pleasant evening for about $50.00 We also noticed while we were there that one of the other tables were celebrating a child's birthday and the staff handled it very professionally. They helped them have a good time, but not at the expense of everyone else in the restaurant. This restaurant is obviously managed well and is built on a foundation of quality service and great food. We eat out a lot and travel to many places for food and this restaurant will stay right at the top of our list for great places to eat!

• Visited June 2014

Cape Coral, Florida
“Eat on Wednesday and get $3 onion rings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I haven't ate here for at least a year so I wanted to take my friend to a good place that I knew would we enjoy and I thought "Hey it's Wednesday. Let's go to Square 1 Burger."

You MUST go here on Wednesdays if you love onion rings. They bring you a large, stack of them. They are probably the best onion rings but for some reason they were a bit salty last night. Otherwise, they were very good.

I order the Mary Had A Lamb Burger on a bed of greens (no bun for me thanks). It was delicious! My friend ordered the other lamber burger, the Greek. She liked hers as well.

There are many choices of burgers. Choose the bun, burger patty and toppings if you want. They were very friendly, the place is clean and the food delicious. They do have covered outdoor seating.

These are well worth the price as they truly care about the ingredients they use. Give them a try and see for yourself.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Best Burger Place In Fort Myers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

My husband and I love to eat here! We order the Fried Mac N Cheese appetizer! IT"S AMAZING! (so are the OnionRings and the Fried Pickles!). The burgers here are sooo large that we share and each have our own side of Mac N Cheese! YES, fried mac n cheese and then their excellent macaroni and cheese side dish! You can order whatever you want on your burger, choose your meat, mix and match ideas! We know exactly what we want when we walk in the door! Have never been disappointed! LOVE THIS PLACE!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Delray Beach, Florida
“Good Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We went there today and was quite surprised. It is a sit down waitress served restaurant. The hamburger was fresh, the onion rings homemade and had absolutely no grease. The hamburger had good taste, and my wife had the salad and soup and both were fresh and delicious. The place was one that you could have a conversation in. The waitress was great and explained the menu.
A pleasant dining experience in the medium price hamburger field.

Fort Myers, Florida
“No hormone no antibiotic beef”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This burger bar has the right idea--offer healthy burgers that taste great. We were blown awayby the options: lamb, pork,chicken, portobella , crabcake and beef offered in a variety of burger presentations. My husband had the burger with bacon and blue cheese. I chose to have crabcake on salad instead of with bun and also had sweet potato fries. They have a number of good craft beers. Server was outstanding. Our friends enjoyed their burgers as well. Nice ambiance to the place and was not filled with children so we could talk. When you just really need a healthy delicious burger of any kind, this is the place!

• Visited June 2014