“Cant get enough!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Fort Myers
“Cant get enough!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Seriously this place is dangerous to live closely. Chicken and Waffles are slap your mother good. A restaurant with boiled peanuts on the appetizer menu!? Seriously?? How awesome is that? We also suggest the meatloaf, shrimp -n- grits, fried green tomatoes, fried chicken.

The owners really care about the experience of the guest and have created a comfortable yet elegant atmosphere. This is a restaurant that I trust enough to walk in, sit down, and say "surprise me". Check it out, you won't be unhappy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Monee
“Salivating just thinking about the food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Fancy's is just wonderful. It is so wonderful we ate there three times in five days. The et touffe was heavenly, better than we've had in New Orleans. The ribs were falllin' off the bone, melt in your mouth delightful. The shrimp and grits were delicious; perfectly cooked shrimp, perfect cheesy grits and a slightly spicy sauce created the perfect blend of flavors and textures. Fried chicken with two sides was a lot of food for one person. We chose mac and cheese and sweet potato souffle as the sides and they were both well prepared and tasty. Not a fan of the chicken and waffles, but the order contained two fried boneless chicken breasts and four home made waffles. The servings are huge. Also ordered the deviled eggs (when have you last seen that on a menu?) and they were good -- sauce a little zippy. Fried green tomatoes were tasty as well.
Ask for JJ. If you plan to dine on the weekend, call for a reservation. If you happen to be seated after 7 pm on a weekend, it is very likely they will be out of the southern fried steak, crab cakes, or ribeye. Hurry! You'll want to dine there more than once. Fancy's is a hidden treasure of Ft. Myers.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sanibel Island, Florida
“A Southern treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Went with friends after seeing the review in the newspaper. Loved the rib appetizer-sauce on the side. The deviled eggs were a treat. Had the chicken pot pie. Very tasty. Maybe a small sherry added to the sauce would be a nice addition. The shrimp and grits were divine! Our only issue was the Mac & Cheese. Cold in the center even after a return to the kitchen and watery base. I'll share my recipe. Setting is wonderfully quirky! Makes you want to start collecting doors and windows. We will DEFINITELY be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Myers, Florida
“The Food and Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I had heard some very good things about this place. So one Sunday my wife and I stopped by. The restaurant has a casual air about it. We where told we would have to wait for a table (I'm not sure why there were at least 4 four top tables towards the back), so we elected to sit a 2 top next to the front door. No problem. It took a while for some one to get out drink order. I'm glad I opted to give my appetizer order also. Drinks came and shortly after I was served a delicious Crawfish Etouffee. Wow was that good. Just the right amount of spice and size. The rice was a little under cooked, but not distracting. After a long wait our order was taken. After another long wait, our food arrived. I had the County Fried Steak w/greens and Mac N Cheese. The portion was huge. The steak was coated in a light crispy crust the melted in my mouth. The sides where excellent. My wife had the House salad and fried okra (not as hungry as I was). I saw that the Chicken and Waffles was very popular. It was huge also. That's going to be my next meal.
Again after a very long wait we got the check, which was reasonable. The service really wasn't the best, but we will be back to have more of that great Southern Cooking. We'll just allow more time.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tampa, Florida
“Good Southern Cooking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We were looking for something unique in Fort Myers and were craving some good Southern cooking. Fancy's did not disappoint. The Et Toufee was excellent - rich and complex with just enough spice, but not so much to set your mouth on fire.

The meatloaf was moist and well seasoned. The sweet potato fries seemed a little bland on their own but with the honey dip, they were perfect. The cheese grits were deliciously cheesy and a great texture. The fried chicken had a thin, crispy coating that was perfectly cooked. The chicken meat itself was pretty moist. The collard greens were well prepared, chopped small and served in a flavorful broth. I prefer a little more smoky meat taste for my collards, but these were good. The only real disappointment was the mac n cheese. It was in a watery sauce and topped with browned cheese on top. The crunch cheese only underscored how not cheesy the pasta underneath was.

Overall, a very pleasant dining experience. My only complaint was the salt level of the food. I am very sensitive to too much salt, but Southern cooking runs salty so I can't fault them for living up to the genre. Also, my guy had no problem with the salt level, so it may have just been me. On a high note, our server kept my glass full of plenty of good "Yankee" iced tea.

Visited January 2013