“Visiting Fort Myers” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 60 hotels in Fort Myers
Edgewater, Florida
“Visiting Fort Myers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed on the lake at Rock Lake Resort. Staff is very friendly and helpful during our odd time of arrival and departure. They worked with us wonderfully. We loved the porch overlooking the lake. Very comfortable.

Room Tip: Lake side.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Awesome place to stay and relax in Fort Meyers. We will definitely return soon :) The staff was inviting and neighbors welcoming. The receptionist even brought our dog treats from her own home! Great place if you have a pet, they will love the fenced in outside area and lake view. Peaceful and serene.

• Stayed October 2012
St. Marys, Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Regarding "Bodily Fluids"

When I read your reveiw, it made me ashamed. My husband, two daughters and myself stayed there a awhile ago for one night. It was so filty, we slept in our clothes! I should have reveiwed it on TA, but didn't have the heart to write a really bad review. I realize now that it was irresponsible not to say anything, as I wouldn't wish this place on anyone. This is my first bad review ever, as I always try to give "benefit of the doubt" and am not usually a complainer. The smell and dirtiness of the room was shocking, but we were at the end of a very long holiday and were leaving for Canada early the next morning. We just slept on top of the beds and showered at our next hotel.
Obviously it hasn't changed and I will back up the fact that the manager seemed quite incompetent, we had to wait a long time for her to show up when we got there. I know this review is not recent, but the horrors are still etched in our memories !

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

If you are looking for a 5 star Hilton and can't handle nature or actiono somewhere else. This is about R&R and enjoying life and serenity. Rooms where nice, yes the furniture could be replaced, and and maybe the tracks on the sliding doors of the closets could be replaced but who cares. What I used, like the toilet had a sanitizer wrap on it OMG. I love that!!! I would go back in a heart beat... It felt like home, and thanks for all your help Heather!

Room Tip: Try it you'll like it...... just read my review first!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Very very dirty room. The stains were dark brown and all over the place. On the lamps, in the toilet, on the sheets, on the matrass, in the kitchen. The door didn't closed very well. The lock seemed to be broken. The smell in the little house was horrible. The bed small, old and dirty. The hanging doors from the closet were broken. The pond outside was smelling like something was rotting. The laundryspace was old and run down.
Firtst we got a room which wasn't cleaned by the maid. We didn't stay here for the time we planned.
No wifi
There are far better places in Fort Myers!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My boyfriend and I just returned from our second stay at the Rock Lake Resort and we wish we were still there!

This quaint little motel might not be close to much, but it won't matter because you won't want to leave anyway. The attraction is the motel, its service and amenities. If you're expecting a luxury outing, you won't be impressed - this is an old property whose heyday has passed by decades. But there is romance, peace and activities to be found here!

If you're going to stay here, there's no reason not to spring for a lakeside cottage. There's only a $10 price difference for a world of enhancements. We've never stayed in a standard room though, so I'm only assuming it's that much better.

The cottages surround the serene lake whose fountains sprinkle 24 hours a day, each efficiency room with its own private patio overlooking the property. You can see the swimming pool, tennis court, gazebo and other guest cottages from your patio, which is complete with a table, 2 chairs, ashtray and ceiling fan. There's plenty of privacy, and the patio doors now have plantation shutters instead of curtains, which, along with a fresh coat of paint, brightens the rooms.

The efficiency has all the flatware and utensils you'll need, plus a 2-burner stovetop, mini-microwave, sink and small refrigerator. The A/C unit keeps the room cool, even if you keep the patio doors open throughout your stay.

The staff is excellent. Everyone is friendly and helpful. You can go swimming, play ping-pong by the pool, play tennis and basketball or take the motel's canoe out on the canals of the Caloosahatchee River. You can also bring pets. Last time we visited our patio was frequented by a friendly cat. This time we kept busy watching the turtles and fish in the lake.

The wi-fi was shot this trip, but it didn't take away from the peace we get when we visit.

We know we'll be back!

Room Tip: Definitely go for the lakeside cottages - never tried the motel rooms but I don't think I ever w...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Townsend, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

This is not a luxury accomodation, by any means. But what it lacks in sophistication, it makes up in charm. We stayed in one of the places around the little lake. As others have mentioned, the room smelled strongly of cleaning solution when we entered, but we aired it out easily with the aid of the patio doors. The room is quite small, but does include a kitchen area and was very clean. It was very peaceful reading or eating on the patio, or watching the turtles in the pond. We (my husband and I) were only there for a couple days, and didn't get to use the pool (very clean) or complimentary boats, but it seems like an ideal place for kids.
We were recently surprised to see a couple bad reviews. So, I decided to throw in our good experience. Heather, the manager, was very accessable and easy to deal with, as was the other young lady we dealt with in the office.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Rock Lake Resort? Share your experiences!