“GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Cape Coral, Florida
“GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Connors Steak and Seafood,in one word Delishous.
Seven of us made reservations for 6:30pm on a saturday night and arrived a few minutes early thinking we would have to wait. No our table was ready and waiting. This is a very busy restaurant! Sabastian our waiter with personality and well versed of the menu served us without flaw.I thoughly enjoyed the relaxed unhurried dining experience, while the employees were bustling,they did not pass this feeling along to you.
We started with cocktails, I had a Raspberry Julip,Mint and raspberry mingled with vox vodka ,and simple syrup. refreshing.
We ordered 2 appetizers for the table a Lobster Dip with a cracker that reminded me of popped rice,extremly tasty. The Flaming Shrimp lived up to it's name with a subtle spicey tasty morsel.
Everyones dinner Salad looked good ,but I opted for the Crab Lobster Bisque, again very good!
I ordered the 6oz Filet with Butter Truffle sauce and a loaded baked potato with Iced tea. This by far is the most I ever enjoyed a Filet, Tender beyond words flavorful ,simple perfect. Everyone else enjoyed their meals also,but I was savoring mine so I didnt pay much attention to what others ate,only know that the compliments were flying. Will definetly return to Connors!!!!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
USA
“Steakhouse that does not disappoint and does not go overboard on price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Went here with friends. Very nice atmosphere (both bar and restaurant) and a very good menu. One really nice aspect is that everything is not ala carte; like you find in steak places such as Flemings or Ruth Chris.
Enjoyable setting; very good service, and very good food; all at reasonable prices. We will return.

Fort Myers, Florida
“Great Location and Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Newer steak and seafood choice at Gulf Coast mall. Very good steak and chop selections cooked right, excellent drinks, wine a little pricey. Bar is great for two and a good way to meet the other locals/snowbirds. We also enjoy going to the dualing piano bar, which is almost walking distance after dinner. we will definitely go back. Our favorite is still roadhouse (not the chain) near sanibel and fort myers beach

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Very good food with excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We arrived for dinner on Thursday evening and were seated immediately. The lighting was a bit dark, but we adjusted to it in time to order drinks. They appear to use a team service approach, with a main server and others who checked on us regularly. I ordered the mahi on rice with snap peas, my companions ordered crab cakes and a sirloin steak. My mahi portion was generous and well cooked, with a tomato-based topping that reminded me of pasta sauce, but it was good. I don't remember how they described it.

The crab cakes were nicely sized and the sirloin was huge, all appeared to be cooked as ordered. My only mild complaint was my snap peas were overcooked and limp, I prefer a bit of crispiness to them. Desserts were ordered; I had the creme brulee, which was excellent with a nicely toasted crisp topping. One bananas foster was ordered, which was a bit strange as it contains a puff pastry. My friends shared it and said it was good, but unusual for having a pastry in a foster. We ordered a chocolate cheesecake to go for my sick wife at home. When we opened it, the serving was huge and she said it was delicious.

I did not pay the bill, so I can only estimate the cost. I suspect we paid between $125 and $150, but that included two rounds of drinks, dinners and three desserts. I would call it typical pricing for an upscale restaurant in the area. I will go back if we are in the area again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Naples, FL
“A Step (and a half) Above Outback”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Location: Gulf Coast Town Center, standalone building, ample parking lot

Pricing: Between $$ and $$$. (5 people, a couple of appetizers, a round of drinks, entrees and a couple of desserts came out to $170 before tip)

Dress Code: Casual. I thought it would be business casual, but a lot of people came in dressed very casually (some in shorts).

Service:
Excellent. Our waiter (and others I observed) were very attentive and helpful. Obviously well-trained. The Manager came by a couple of times to ask us how things were going.

Atmosphere:
I really liked the atmosphere. The decor is very well done. Dark wood panelling and brick walls (not sure if real), wood beam ceiling, some gaslight torches. It is very dark inside. I observed at least three tables where people used their cell phones to try and illuminate the menu. The font size on the menu isn't very large (especially for us older folk) as they tried to cram the food and moderately extensive wine listing on a two page (front and back) menu.

Wine List:
We did not order any wine; opted for hard drinks instead, but the wine list seemed moderately extensive and priced reasonably. The hard drinks we ordered were made well.

Food:
We ordered a couple of appetizers - Sesame Pork Dumplings ($7, 8 pieces) and Battered Fried Mushrooms ($8) both were very delicious and quickly eaten up. The mushrooms were small (but there's about 30 pieces or so) and lightly battered and deep fried but not greasy.

The salad greens (soup or salad comes with the meal) were very fresh. I had a Caesar salad and the Romaine lettuce was very crisp and fresh. You have a choice of whether to have anchovies included or not. Someone else had a house salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing and she really liked the dressing.

Everyone ordered steak (mostly Filets) and they were all cooked as ordered. I have to admit I was a little disappointed with my 12oz. ribeye steak ($23) though. After everything else previously was so good, I was expecting a little more from the steak. I'd say it was comparable to an Outback Steakhouse ribeye (before they went down the tubes), except Outback's has more flavor. The steak was simply mesquite-grilled but it was just lacking flavor... some dry rub or marinade before cooking would've helped. Even plain salt and pepper before grilling would've made a difference.

They do have USDA Prime, dry-aged steak at "market price" but no one in our party ordered that. Maybe next time I'll give that a go.

Dessert:
Bananas Foster ($6.50) is huge... enough for two. My daughter loved it. I had the Creme Brulee ($5) and it was just ok. Creme Brulee is my favorite dessert and it's properly served at room temperature. This one was served still cold.

Overall we really liked our dinner. Great service, nice decor/atmosphere, and reasonable pricing are what makes this restaurant a good place to go to.