“Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #47 of 673 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: We specialize in fresh seafood and premium aged steaks, as well as gourmet salads, pastas and more! Enjoy a memorable evening with friends and family in our well-appointed dining rooms, or stop by for the lunch you and your associates deserve. Our friendly service and flavorful fare will keep you coming back for more.
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Went there expecting great food and was very disappointed. Their signature soup, lobster bisque and crab, was watery and lacked the sweetness found in a bisque soup. Crispy shrimp appetizer and fried tomatoes were fair as we're the sirloin steak and fish and chips. That said, those who had prime rib were not disappointed. Wait staff were peasant.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
rtconnors, Manager at Connors Steak & Seafood, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
I apologize that your bisque was watery, that is certainly not acceptable and I would be disappointed as well. Please contact us on our website's feedback page. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and hope you'll take a moment to tell us more about your experience. We look forward to responding to you promptly.

Estero, Florida
“Tremendous value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife and I decided to try Connors for our anniversary. We were pleasantly surprised by the experience. This is a brand new location for Connors as the restaurant is not quite a year old. It has a very nice dining room. Great bar area with first come seating, and i patio area if you wish to sit outside. The waiter Mike was great and very informative as well as personable. We started with the Isle of Shellfish appetizer....outstanding! For the main course I can highly reccomend the Halabut and the lamb, you will not be dissapiointed. For dessert...Chocolate Mousse Cake was fantastic! The overall experience was above expectations and just a tremendous value for the price. If you wish to sit in the dining room I do reccomend you make reservation. We will be back to visit soon!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sanibel Island, Florida
“service/value good...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We came in at 7pm on a Saturday, we knew that was the worst time to walk in to ANY restaurant and expect a table right away, so we came prepared to wait. As expected, the host quoted us with a 45 minute wait. So went to the bar and had a drink and an appetizer while we waited. We each had a stolli martini with bleu cheese stuffed olives,which aren't always offered, so that's always a nice touch, it was a good size, so for $10 it was a good value, a price to be expected at any self respecting restaurant. We ordered the lobster dip appetizer, which came with light and airy popped chips. The dip was just okay, it had an okay flavor, but didn't taste like lobster! Just at 45 minutes, as quoted, we were given a nice booth. If you're a wine snob, you most likely won't find many that will interest you. Soup or salad was included with our meals, we both chose salad. They were tasty with almonds, bacon, and egg. We both ordered the 6oz filet, medium rare. They both came medium. :( The sauce that I chose for an additional charge of $3 was a burgundy peppercorn sauce. Again, just okay. Would've rather had the steak dry. The filet itself was very tender, and had good flavor for $20. His filet was the "boursin filet". Topped with tobasco fried onions and a glob of unmelted butter. Maybe it was supposed to be that way? But we both agreed it would compliment the steak better if the steak were hot enough to melt the butter. We added a $7 crab cake, just to share b/c we love crab cakes and try them everywhere we go. It was good but nothing spectacular, I'd opt to try something different in my next visit. His side was a baked potato, and mine garlic and herb mashed potatoes. Both tasty! We were saving room for a birthday dessert, so we boxed up about half of our meals. We shared the chocolate mousse cake and it was AWESOME! Over all, it was a decent meal... next time we'll know to just stick with the steak and potato dinner. Add ons weren't all that impressive. Oh and Britney was attentive and not intrusive. :) Never saw a manager, but the staff was overall friendly and helpful.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
fort myers fl
“First visit and many more to come”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Went out to dinner with my Aunt who loves steak. This is one of our new resturants in the Gulf Coast Towne Center so we figured we would try it. We sat outside on the patio beautiful evening and had the best waitress ever. She was friendly attentive but not overly so our food was great and even the manager came by and asked how things were. Connors is located close to FGCU so alot of college students working there. Everyone that worked on the patio last night waiters waitress and the ones that cleaned the tables were happy friendly people which made for a great dining experence. I highly recommand this resturant and enjoy it

Estero, Florida
“My new favorite "Nice place to go" ..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I am so glad to see Connors Steak and Seafood in this area. It fills a niche in SW Florida that has been vacant for a while, as it provides great food, great service, and a value to the customer.

Last Monday, 10/15, was my first trip to Connors for dinner, the other visit being a Sunday lunch. We arrived at about 620 PM and waited in the bar 15 minutes for a table. The restaurant was almost full. After being seated in a booth, we were given a menu, and our server explained the daily specials. The menu is extensive and offers something for everyone, at all price ranges. She then brought us bread and an olive oil/pesto dipping sauce on a small plate, which was excellent. My friend ordered a strip steak, baked potato - loaded, and it was a giant - and I got a small filet, cheese grits, and a house salad with blue cheese dressing. I like my beef rare and the filet was cooked perfectly cooked. Tender, juicy, and a great beef flavor.

During dinner the on-duty Manager, Bradley, stopped by to ask about our meal and service, and he explained the committment Connors has to being a good place to eat. I believe him, and his words were borne out by the performance.

During dinner the server was attentive without being intrusive, did not interrupt our conversation, and did not ask inane questions such as "how's that tastin' to you guys?". Our drinks were refilled in a timely manner and the table cleared as needed. We finished dinner without being rushed out the door, which is all too common in this area when there is a wait for tables.

I would absolutely go back to Connors, and can recommend it to anyone without reservation. The food is very good, the service is very good, it's close to my house, and the menu is extensive. After two visits the only comment I have is that when "season" comes I won't be able to get in the door without a wait! Thank goodness they take reservations, because they will be busy.