“Tremendous value” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Estero, Florida
“Tremendous value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife and I decided to try Connors for our anniversary. We were pleasantly surprised by the experience. This is a brand new location for Connors as the restaurant is not quite a year old. It has a very nice dining room. Great bar area with first come seating, and i patio area if you wish to sit outside. The waiter Mike was great and very informative as well as personable. We started with the Isle of Shellfish appetizer....outstanding! For the main course I can highly reccomend the Halabut and the lamb, you will not be dissapiointed. For dessert...Chocolate Mousse Cake was fantastic! The overall experience was above expectations and just a tremendous value for the price. If you wish to sit in the dining room I do reccomend you make reservation. We will be back to visit soon!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
Sanibel Island, Florida
“service/value good...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We came in at 7pm on a Saturday, we knew that was the worst time to walk in to ANY restaurant and expect a table right away, so we came prepared to wait. As expected, the host quoted us with a 45 minute wait. So went to the bar and had a drink and an appetizer while we waited. We each had a stolli martini with bleu cheese stuffed olives,which aren't always offered, so that's always a nice touch, it was a good size, so for $10 it was a good value, a price to be expected at any self respecting restaurant. We ordered the lobster dip appetizer, which came with light and airy popped chips. The dip was just okay, it had an okay flavor, but didn't taste like lobster! Just at 45 minutes, as quoted, we were given a nice booth. If you're a wine snob, you most likely won't find many that will interest you. Soup or salad was included with our meals, we both chose salad. They were tasty with almonds, bacon, and egg. We both ordered the 6oz filet, medium rare. They both came medium. :( The sauce that I chose for an additional charge of $3 was a burgundy peppercorn sauce. Again, just okay. Would've rather had the steak dry. The filet itself was very tender, and had good flavor for $20. His filet was the "boursin filet". Topped with tobasco fried onions and a glob of unmelted butter. Maybe it was supposed to be that way? But we both agreed it would compliment the steak better if the steak were hot enough to melt the butter. We added a $7 crab cake, just to share b/c we love crab cakes and try them everywhere we go. It was good but nothing spectacular, I'd opt to try something different in my next visit. His side was a baked potato, and mine garlic and herb mashed potatoes. Both tasty! We were saving room for a birthday dessert, so we boxed up about half of our meals. We shared the chocolate mousse cake and it was AWESOME! Over all, it was a decent meal... next time we'll know to just stick with the steak and potato dinner. Add ons weren't all that impressive. Oh and Britney was attentive and not intrusive. :) Never saw a manager, but the staff was overall friendly and helpful.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Estero, Florida
“My new favorite "Nice place to go" ..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I am so glad to see Connors Steak and Seafood in this area. It fills a niche in SW Florida that has been vacant for a while, as it provides great food, great service, and a value to the customer.

Last Monday, 10/15, was my first trip to Connors for dinner, the other visit being a Sunday lunch. We arrived at about 620 PM and waited in the bar 15 minutes for a table. The restaurant was almost full. After being seated in a booth, we were given a menu, and our server explained the daily specials. The menu is extensive and offers something for everyone, at all price ranges. She then brought us bread and an olive oil/pesto dipping sauce on a small plate, which was excellent. My friend ordered a strip steak, baked potato - loaded, and it was a giant - and I got a small filet, cheese grits, and a house salad with blue cheese dressing. I like my beef rare and the filet was cooked perfectly cooked. Tender, juicy, and a great beef flavor.

During dinner the on-duty Manager, Bradley, stopped by to ask about our meal and service, and he explained the committment Connors has to being a good place to eat. I believe him, and his words were borne out by the performance.

During dinner the server was attentive without being intrusive, did not interrupt our conversation, and did not ask inane questions such as "how's that tastin' to you guys?". Our drinks were refilled in a timely manner and the table cleared as needed. We finished dinner without being rushed out the door, which is all too common in this area when there is a wait for tables.

I would absolutely go back to Connors, and can recommend it to anyone without reservation. The food is very good, the service is very good, it's close to my house, and the menu is extensive. After two visits the only comment I have is that when "season" comes I won't be able to get in the door without a wait! Thank goodness they take reservations, because they will be busy.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Nice but Didn't Wow Me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Went here for appetizers and drinks with a party of 4 just to try the place out.
Two of us were adventurous and tried entrees. The apps (Sesame pork dumplings, Ahi Tuna,Lobster Crab Bisque) were very good and well presented.
Of the two of us that had entrees, one had to send a steak back for being to rare and one had chicken piccata which did not come with the mashed potatoes.
Other than that, the wait staff was very friendly and overall service and ambiance were good although noise levels can get high.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fort Myers, Florida
“Dark and noisey”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

If your going to have an open kitchen, don't leave food on the floor and it wouldn't hurt to clean your prep stations every now and then.
Just looks like lazyness.
Waite staff wears chefs jackets, but they don't know the diffrance between prime/choice. And after ordering I supect we were sold something close to utility. At prime prices....

Visited September 2012