“small” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 60 Hotels in Fort Myers
Brewer, Maine
“small”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The room and facilities were clean and well kept. All of the staff we dealt with were very helpful and nice. The location made it easy to zip around town. The down side was that the room and beds were tiny. There were 4 of us and the beds were full sized. The room was approximately 18' x 18' which included the kitchenette and bath. A chair filled the area between the end of a bed and the bathroom wall, which was the extent of the extra space in the sleeping area. This left little room for our stuff and more than one person in our party kept looking for excuses to be out of the room. I would recommend this hotel if you are travelling with a smaller party, or less stuff. It is a nice hotel, and the rates were good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
hds33966, Owner at Suburban Extended Stay of Fort Myers, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
We here at "Team Suburban" are grateful to all of our guests who take the time to give us feed back. My staff really appreciates your compliments regarding cleanliness and great customer service. We pride our selves in those areas! Most of our staff has been here since we opened. They are the main reason that people return year after year. I am an owner/operator, and do my very best to accommodate the needs of our guests. The Suburban Extended Stay Brand is a more economy brand style of extended stay. Our hotel is built to brand specifications. We do offer rooms with king and queen size beds as well. Give me a call before you arrive next year and I can place you in a room that may fit your needs a bit better. I hope you will stay with us again when you escape the cold north winter! We will look forward to having you again...... Excellent service-clean rooms-great value. Thats what we are all about.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Geez, made a reservation for a single kingsize non smoking bedroom, we got a double queensize SMOKING bedroom!! Disgusting!

It started with the problem that our reservation didn't come through. Then the excuse was about our agents credit card was declined... hmmmz.

Never again @ this dump.

• Stayed January 2013
hds33966, Owner at Suburban Extended Stay of Fort Myers, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We take all of our guests concerns very seriously. I would love the opportunity to speak with you regarding your experience. As you may not know, I was at the hotel when you and your companion checked in. The reservation was made through a third party and unfortunately there was no contact number on the reservation. The one time use credit card was not valid as was explained at check in. The reservations were not lost. The two rooms were in fact reserved online for smoking rooms via the internet. As we were at 100% occupancy, we were not able to change both rooms, but I was able to change one to a non smoking. We never had any indication how disappointed you were until we read the review. I would have been happy to help you in any way I could. Please feel free to give me a call so we can make this right. If you have the 3rd party contact information, I will gladly follow up with then.
Ankeny, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed at the Suburban Extended Stay in Fort Myers for 5 nights starting Christmas night. Price was VERY reasonable. Extended Stay places are more like efficiency apartments than motels. Other than some of the items in the room showing a LITTLE bit of wear, we were very pleased. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was clean. Housekeeping is provided once a week. If you want fresh towels every day, you can pay extra and get that service. We chose to hang up our towels and use them again, just as we do at home. They were very busy on our housekeeping day, and they forgot to re-make the bed. All other services had been completed as expected. We got back around 10:00 PM that day and called the desk. They had someone there within 15 minutes and also deducted $25 from the bill for their error. That was 1/2 of the cost for one day.;

One gets used to flat-screen televisions in many motels these days. However, in this location, the TV was a standard 24" with about a dozen channels. I guess that is to be expected in a discount motel.

The hotel staff was VERY good to work with and VERY apologetic about not getting the bed made.

Room Tip: There are larger rooms available if you are going to stay with a family or for a REALLY extended vis...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We really appreciate the time you take to review our property. We strive to do better every chance we can. As you know, we try to go above and beyond. I was happy to compensate for the inconvenience regarding your stay over clean. I do want to point out that it is another brand that charges for linen and/or towel changes. We NEVER charge for those courtesies. Included in our rate is FREE internet, weekly housekeeping, utensils and pots/pans, coffeemakers (and coffee), 24/7 front desk and a HEATED POOL. Other extended stay brands up charge for those items. We are one of the only extended stay hotels in this area at this low price point with a heated pool which our guests really enjoy. We are getting ready to purchase new flat screen TVs this year. We have been working on replacing furniture, extensive painting, mattress and AC replacement. We look forward to having you stay again. Thank you for your kind comments!!!!
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I cannot say enough about the wonderful stay my husband and I have here at the Suburban Extended Stay. The place is well kept and very clean, The owners and all of the staff go out of their way to make you comfortable. Nice clean rooms, great service, heated pool. We stayed last year and we are back again. They make you feel like family here ! We are very comfortable and enjoy our winter time here. We have never encountered any problems with our room or the hotel itself but I am positive that if we did, it would be taken care of immediately ! You cannot get a nicer place here in Fort Myers. We love our kitchenette and there is plenty of space for us. WIFI is great. Clean, heated pool. The rooms have been freshly painted and the place is very well kept. The rates are very reasonable.

Room Tip: Love the pool view. Sunny all day !
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!! I cant tell you how much your review means to all of us here at The Suburban Extended Stay Hotel. I am so very proud of the entire staff, many of whom have been here since we built the property. We have such a great family of employees. Our motto every day is Clean Rooms, Outstanding Friendly Staff at reasonable rates. I appreciate all feedback, both positive and that which can help us to do a better job. We appreciate your business and love that you return here to be part of our "extended" family.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Nice and friendly staff , good size rooms with refrigerator, stove top, microwave, all necessary utensils, wireless, laundry, ice machine, vending machine, and a pool. Also pet friendly. Its not as fancy as a residence inn, its also half the price and worth it if your trying to not spend to much cash. It was fine for me to stay longer than a week. And I would go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. With so many choices out there for accommodations, we are so please that you chose the Suburban Extended Stay. We are family owned/operated and strive to do what we can to make our guests as comfortable as we can. I believe our staff is outstanding and deeply cares about the job they do here. I look forward to having you stay with us again. Safe Travels!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Great staff, clean rooms, this staff stops at nothing to give their guests the best possible experience. As evident by their searching each and every unoccupied room going above and beyond to accommodate a specific request for a piece of equipment only available in a couple rooms. They really go above and beyond the expected customer service level!

• Stayed October 2012
hds33966, Owner at Suburban Extended Stay of Fort Myers, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Better late than never!!! Your compliments to our staff are deeply appreciated. I remember you well! Thanks for staying with us. I hope you are doing fantastic. Stop by and say hello. We here at THE SUBURBAN EXTENDED STAY HOTEL try every day to treat our guests to the best service we can offer.....
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this property while visiting friends in Ft Myers. Location was very convenient We had a very nice experience and would definitely stay again. Rooms were clean , not fancy- overall property was well maintained. We stayed in a two room suite for 1 week. The kitchenette was well stocked. Full sized fridge, two burner cook top, small micro. WIFI was free and worked very well. Pool was nice. There was a baseball team there when we checked in. The manager assured us that the coaches and teams had strict rules to abide by, we were a bit nervous, but true to their word- they were no problem. They had a cook out by the pool a,nd even offered food to my wife and I. The team said they come to his hotel every year. Staff was awesome. Very friendly and helpful. Grit was obvious they really liked their job. I would not hesitate to recommend this property. It may not be fancy, but you definitely feel welcome there.

• Stayed July 2012
I am grateful that you took the time to write such a comprehensive review. You really pointed out what we are here at THE SUBURBAN EXTENDED STAY HOTEL and what we are not. You are 100% right. We are not a fancy place, but we do strive to treat all our guests like we are. You hit the nail on the head with your review title. I guess we must be doing what we set out to do. CLEAN ROOMS-GREAT VALUE AND BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE. As an owner operator, we do try to improve what we have every year. We are continuing to update, refresh and renew. Please come and see us again and of course........ TELL YOUR FRIENDS!

Been to Suburban Extended Stay of Fort Myers? Share your experiences!