“Three strikes - I am out of there! (Fool me once...Fool me 3 times: I am an idiot!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Rock Saloon - CLOSED

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Red Rock Saloon is open 7 days a week serving the best food in Fort Myers from 11 am to 2 am. Happy hour is m-f from 2-7 and food and drink specials are offered every night. WIth over 200 seats, a full menu, a beautiful staff, a dance floor, and 13 big screen tvs, the red rock saloon is Fort Myers' premiere Gastropub destination, with outstanding pub fare and many entertainment options such as live music, dancing, DJ Parties, and sports events.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The first time we ate there it was bad (slow slow service, food not what was expected/ordered, "nobody cares" attitude.) We tried again - with another couple this time - it was WORSE!! Order was wrong, 3 of us ate while the other person waited for his order to be prepared correctly (should have comped that meal at least) Service was worse than slow - almost non-existent; we watched three other tables come in after us, get served, get drinks, and get food while we just waited. Asked to see a manager and there was no manager on duty! Big problem when this is an Art Walk night which is probably the busiest night of the month in downtown Ft. Myers - so again, "who cares?"
Third time was Saturday night. We went early to enjoy a meal before Zombicon crowds appeared. Again, not enough staff on duty but service wasn't as bad as previous times. THE MOST HORRIBLE nachos ever had; chips were burnt, and there was barely a spoonful of cheese and meat on them – no exaggeration! So basically we had a basket of dried burnt chips covered with shredded dry lettuce. We couldn't complain because waitress was now AWOL. The burgers were good – they usually are once you served. We decided to have coffee and dessert - coffee had to be brewed (that's okay - they probably don't serve a lot since it is primarily a bar business) Dessert was not worth the $6.95. We split a key lime pie and our friends split the peanut butter pie. Both tasted like they had been in the cooler past their prime - crusts were soggy and for $6.95 the pieces were very tiny. Guess they try to make it last since they probably don't serve dessert very often - our waitress didn't even know what they had for dessert (and it's on the menu!)
We have been there three times now and we feel we have given them a fair chance. Having outdoor seating gives them an advantage so I am sure new customers are always stopping by. However, we are not tourists or 'seasonal' people - we are full-time residents who frequent and support our downtown businesses all year long, so it's very disappointing to give a bad review to a local establishment. Too many other small businesses are working very hard to stay afloat and keep customers coming back; go there instead.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Avoid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The draft beer wasn't cold. A burger ordered rare was delivered medium-well and, what was advertised as andouillie sausage, was actually grocery store variety smoked beef sausage. Tacos that were ordered without tomato (due to allergy) and sour cream showed up with both.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Let down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Horrible service, not very busy so our large party were all confused why it took so long to get food and the checks. Waited over 25 minutes for checks and change. Ouch... Food was ok, burgers orders were not as what was placed. Medium was rare, and medium well was well. Would go elsewhere when at art walk again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jacksonville, Florida
“Good first impression”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I took 7 staff here for lunch for the first time. I was impressed by the broad array of bar food on the menu: around 15 different burgers, oyster po' boys, wings, and specialty sandwiches. We all enjoyed generous and delicious portions. Even though we were a large table, the service never missed a beat. I could only imagine that this is thriving on the weekend evenings and a fun place to meet friends. Flat screen TVs for whatever sports or music you might want. It really is an old saloon feel, complete with a mirror behind the bar and liquor bottles stacked high. If you ever saw the movie 'Coyote Ugly' this place looks quite similar.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Myers, Fl
“A "SALOON" that is OUT of wine completely on a Sat Night??????”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Our server, Shanique, greeted us and told us about the drink specials. The specials included wine, so I ordered a glass of Pinot Grigio. She came back, apologized and told us they were out of wine. They had NONE. Not ANY kind of wine. Okay. We moved on. The menu mentioned to ask about the dinner specials. I did. They had NONE. I ordered the lobster mac and cheese, my husband ordered the pulled pork sandwich. He attempted to change the side to sweet potato fries.......they had NONE. By the way, two tables were seated around us-both ordered wine and were told the same story. Food was okay. Weird experience. Waitress was prompt, friendly-no problem with her at all.

• Visited August 2012