Just this past week our air conditioning compressor passed away. In other words it crapped out big time leaving us sans air conditioning. I promptly phoned my Best half and told him I would find a hotel for the night whilst they replaced the unit. I found the best price at Red Roof Inn in North Fort Myers just over the downtown Fort Myers bridge in North Fort Myers. I was a bit leery as it was a bit of a dive a few years ago but what we found this time around was astounding for the price! The rooms have been modernized. You will now find a small refrigerator, coffee maker, blow dryer, coffee, tea, filters, iron and ironing board, small soap and one packet of conditioning shampoo, tissues etc. Towels were not in ample supply but Keith the receptionist very personable, was more than accommodating informing us of his availability should we need for anything! The bedding was fresh and immaculate, plenty of pillows although we always bring our own. The room air conditioning was consistently cold and we slept like babies. I highly recommend this Hotel as since they have been taken over and remodeled by Red Roof Inn it has lived up to our standards. So, in short, for the value, Red Roof Hotel in North Fort Myers was an incomparable value with rooms that they could have charged much more for. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Our total price totaled out at $75.00 tax included. EXTRAORDINARY ACCOMIDATIONS FOR THE PRICE!!! Please do keep in mind that prices may vary during season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ft. Myers is home to so many attractions! Red Roof Ft. Myers is close to the historic winter residences of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford, both among the nation’s top 10 historic homes. Relax at our white sand beaches nearby—Sanibel Island, Bonita Beach, Lover’s Key, and the Barrier Islands. For fun for the whole family, go to the Imaginarium Science Museum, which features more than 60 interactive exhibits. To really relax, enjoy fishing, waterskiing, sightseeing and eco-tours along the banks of the beautiful Caloosahatchee River. Conveniently located off of Hwy 41, Red Roof Ft. Myers is close to over 10 nearby restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Red Roof Inn, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and EasyToBook so you can book your Red Roof Inn Fort Myers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fort Myers Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Fort Myers