A friend and myself used this fabulous 2 full beds deluxe Red Roof Inn room (151) as our home base on our recent 5-night visit to the South Gulf Coast (April 4th to 9th), and it was the perfect sanctuary after a hard day at the many beaches we visited that are an easy drive from this convenient location, whether it's Sanibel Island, Naples Beach, or even Siesta Key Beach in Sarasota.
Lucy and her staff were all friendly and helpful and made check-in and check-out, etc., a pleasant breeze.
This newly-renovated Room 151 (the new Red Roof Inn standard) included a strict non-smoking policy (a great relief for non-smokers), new Sealy Posturpedic beds which provided a great night's sleep, a large flat-screen TV, a fridge and microwave which allowed for convenient in-room dining, and new up-to-date bathroom fixtures.
Needless to say this room was very clean and comfortable, and having the Caloosahatchee River literally at our door provided welcome, natural silence. Although we didn't take advantage of it, the pool did look attractive and well-maintained. Same for the free breakfast in the lobby--never up early enough for it!
Because I reserved this room on-line a few weeks beforehand, the rate I received was extremely reasonable and even with the upgrade to the newly-renovated room by the river ($10.00 per night surcharge and oh so worth it!), the grand total for 5 nights was only US$410.00 including tax, a great value for what we received.
I would return to this comfortable property anytime. Highly recommended.
- Also Known As:
- Fort Myers Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Fort Myers
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ft. Myers is home to so many attractions! Red Roof Ft. Myers is close to the historic winter residences of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford, both among the nation’s top 10 historic homes. Relax at our white sand beaches nearby—Sanibel Island, Bonita Beach, Lover’s Key, and the Barrier Islands. For fun for the whole family, go to the Imaginarium Science Museum, which features more than 60 interactive exhibits. To really relax, enjoy fishing, waterskiing, sightseeing and eco-tours along the banks of the beautiful Caloosahatchee River. Conveniently located off of Hwy 41, Red Roof Ft. Myers is close to over 10 nearby restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Red Roof Inn, Tingo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Red Roof Inn Fort Myers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.