“Great for Spring Training!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of MainStay Suites

You added MainStay Suites to your Saves list
MainStay Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9200 College Pkwy, Fort Myers, FL 33919 (Formerly Coral Bridge Inn and Suites)   |
Ranked #49 of 61 Hotels in Fort Myers
North Carolina
“Great for Spring Training!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I don't remember the name of the person who checked me in, but Todd, Ludi and Jonathon were extremely helpful and seemed happy that I was there. The hotel is located next to a grocery store and there's a Walmart across the street. Since there's a full size fridge and stove top in the room along with a microwave, it was great to stretch my legs and walk to the store.

They're doing some renovating, and the effort is noticeable. The first floor and lobby area look good and fresh.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I did not originally pick this hotel. Due to some booking problems caused by amoma.com i was forced to stay in this hotel. They upgraded us to a queen suite and i was plesently suprised. As i work for Sheraton Hotels. The hotel was under construction, but the staff was very accomadating and friendly!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Flagler Beach, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Stayed 2 nights and had many disappointments. No ice, nothing left for breakfast at 8:20 in the morning when breakfast is supposed to be from 6-9am. Both days, nothing but cheerios, yogurt and muffins. Nothing done in our room such as making bed, giving new towels, cleaning, emptying the coffee pot or giving coffee for 2nd morning. We were told they only clean the rooms on Tues & Thur. We stayed Tues & Wed night so no one even entered our room. It would be ok to not change sheets, but we have never stayed in a hotel that did not make beds and change towels etc. There were small bugs on the counter, I think tiny ants. The internet did not work for our laptop. Only Ethernet was available. No WIFI in rooms. Bathroom was dirty and the elevator floors were a mess. Sorry I used 2400 reward points for this hotel. I'm there were better choices with the Choice Hotel name to it. I should have read the reviews before booking.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Saint Augustine, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed overnight with friends who were staying at this hotel. We went to Fort Myers to visit with friends who were visiting Florida - it was only a 3 hour drive so they said bring your jammies and bunk on the pull out sofa. First impressions is that this was formerly some other type of hotel - probably a better brand hotel. The decor was early 90's - maybe late 80's. Very dated - lots of green and purple through out the hallways and lobbies. The exterior of the building also showed signs of age. The pull out bed was actually not too bad. We slept well and did not partake of the breakfast provided. Our hosts said it was ok but not great. Heavy on carbs, not great coffee and low on protein items. We went to IHOP instead (several miles away). The front desk staff seemed friendly and not at all rude. They brought us extra blankets, towels etc. and were nice to speak to.

The room we were in had a full fridge, 2 burner cooktop, microwave, sink and small dishwasher. There was no oven so when they say full kitchen - it's not really. The place was clean, the furniture was comfortable but - again, very outdated. Our friends had to change rooms because some of the kitchen appliances didn't work in the first room and were not full size - like the fridge. etc. so rooms are inconsistent. Our friends were staying for a week or more so it was important to have a place to prepare some meals. My friends are all about price - to me, quality and my personal feelings of well being trump a cheap price - you get what you pay for.

Overall, from what I observed, I would choose this for a night or 2, tops. I wouldn't feel comfortable here for an extended period of time. It was ok, I didn't see bugs, it was relatively clean so that's why I gave it the 3 star rating. If I were looking only at the hallways and main areas, I'd probably give it 2 stars. The carpets in the common areas were in need of a good scrubbing, The elevator floors were awfully dirty, the bottoms of doors could use a good
cleaning - maybe put toe kicks on the doors - a little sprucing up would go a long way.

Bottom line - I'm being generous with the 3 stars. I debated between 2 and 3 but because the hideaway bed was not awful I gave this hotel the benefit of the doubt.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
St. Albert, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We chose this hotel as it was close to the water ... what a mistake can't even see the water! The rooms are large but there is a urine smell that is stifling. We had to buy some air freshener to mask the odor. The beds and bedding are old and need to be changed. General maintenance appears to be lacking. The rooms appear to be clean but the smell makes me wonder what is there. Breakfast was just a bunch of stale carbohydrates with the worst tasting coffee I ever drank. The whole place needs to be cleaned and renovated.
Suggestion:Dont bother - not a nice place.

Room Tip: See review
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Highland Park, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We had a very large room, with kitchen and plenty of lounging space. Front desk staff were pleasant, and breakfast was decent (and spacious dining area). Very close to a Publix supermarket and Chinese restaurant, which was helpful. Our only negative observation was the following: a used cigarette was left on top of one of the two dehumidifiers in the room, and both dehumidifiers were full (water needed to be emptied). We were able to empty one of them, but the other one seemed to be broken.

Room Tip: We had a nice suite with three queen beds, living room and large kitchen with desk. Had view of pool...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Danville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I always hate to do a bad review, but I came away with bug bites from my stay in this Motel. The employees were great, friendly and helpful in all ways. The pool and hot tube were ok too. No hot breakfast as advertised, this was one of the reasons I booked this Motel. The place was hard to find also, it was behind other buildings, don't try to find it in the dark.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to MainStay Suites? Share your experiences!