“Very clean and quiet” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Allure Suites

You added Allure Suites to your Saves list
Allure Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9200 College Pkwy, Fort Myers, FL 33919 (Formerly MainStay Suites)   |
Ranked #46 of 61 Hotels in Fort Myers
Tannersville, New York
“Very clean and quiet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stayed here for a week and had a great time. Everything was very clean and up to date. I read some reviews before I got there and was not too sure. A few reviews were pretty bad, but I had not problems at all. Great location, pool was nice as well as hot tub. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The only downfall was not wifi in the room but a computer in the lobby and a free breakfast with wonderful coffee everyday. Publix supermarket is a great store and only a 5 min walk. My room had a beautiful view of the pool and the pond in the back where I made friends with the ducks. Will stay again...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ocean City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I was very shocked when I read the other reviews. Bad was very far from our experience at this comfy hotel. The pool was amazing and the staff was SUPER friendly. This hotel was the perfect place away from home and the staff made me and my husband feel like we were in the comfort of our own home. Our room had a separate living-room area with a kitchen and a separate bedroom area. Our room also had a nice view of a pretty pond. I am very glad we chose to stay in MainStay Suites on our visit to Fort Myers and we will definitely be coming back for a yearly vacation.

Room Tip: My husband and I stayed in a one bedroom suite but our friends whom had children with them stayed in...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I must say, as I read these other reviews, I would be hard pressed to imagine that we stayed at the same property. It is unfortunate when you walk smack into a wall, but what occurs after is what matters. As well, unless we've all developed x-ray vision, some things just cannot be seen, and have to do with that nice moral individual occupying the space prior to your arrival. People do things in hotel rooms. Oh, there's reality - it is, in fact a hotel. And it is in Florida. And lets face it folks, Florida is in fact a [--] swamp! So let's not hold people accountable for what they have no control over - how about instead, how we hope that they may assist us... It is indeed perplexing as to how (I am of this opinion) we have geared ourselves to find flaw & dissatisfaction with circumstance in our society today, and somehow find this to be the memory that we wish to burn in, or cherish. It's rather silly... I choose a different path. I choose to find joy, spread joy, and be understanding that twists occur. When adverse situations arise, what really matters to me is what feelings I / my comrades may be experiencing, and how the treatment is.

And treated well we were! From the very beginning. In fact, the sole reason for booking with MainStay to begin with, had to do with the courteousness, and helpfulness that was initially received just within a phone conversation! After an intense search online for location, value, internal accommodations, I had narrowed it down to three. I definitely chose correct!!! My entire family - extended & all were quite comfortable!

For starters, The photographs on the sight do this property no justice, the rooms are simply HUGE! There was a constant stream of up to 14 people coming & going, and narry a pinch was felt. Mind you, our own homes are equipped with pools & docks for boating directly into waters... My only intent was to find a great place to lay our heads. The task was accomplished with so much more that I ever could have expected, that there is truly no way to describe it. I can only do this for you.... in summarizing what I experienced, the stay was right on, dandy, killer, awesome, diggety dope & such. It's really simple: The staff was not only courteous & helpful, but genuinely warm & inviting. We felt comfy & home while we were there. The pool was closed, we asked for them to open it, they did. It took time to get the levels correct, so patience must be observed. A lesson for all of the nay-sayers in this 'microwave' society we have built. The room views?... Sunrises, or sunsets splendid in any direction. Overlooking the pool area is nice - especially when the indigenous wildlife graces us with it's beauty. Location?... 15 mins to the beach - really. Markets & fresh groceries walk able - down a magnificent hall of glorious palms! Sanibel, malls, & activities abound all within 20-25 minutes from where you lay.

More important than anything at all, during our stay - we were happy. Thank you, to all of you, for helping us stay so very, very happy while we were with you!

D.M. Allen & Family

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Todd Y, General Manager at Allure Suites, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Mr. Allen and Family,
Thank you very much for staying with the MainStay Suites - Fort Myers. We do pride ourselves on the service and attention that every guest receives. I am also very glad our spacious rooms were able to accommodate you and your family. We hope to see you and your family again in the future. Thank you again for your kind words.
Todd Yetter
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Layout of room amazing for families.... But was horrified to be brought into the 2nd bath by my teenaged daughter standing in cold water that would not drain- with stuff that had been stuck to the bottom of the tub - now softening and giving way to halfway float! i could not believe my eyes!! SEMEN!!! I then go to check our tub - Pubic hairs in our tub. Almost midnight at this point and we are exhausted... we go to bed horrified - and to be honest- scared to look at sheets closely. The next morning -no hot water. Went to breakfast and found it to appear clean but then our shirts stuck to table edges. Then hands as we investigated the situation. Was so glad most of the food was individually packaged with throw away dishes.... offered a bit of hope that we would not be eating more germs??? Horribly grossed out after this experience! Long day on the road today - will be a fight over hot shower tonight! Excuse me now while I dig for more germ-x!!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Booked this for two nights (May 26-28th) via Hotwire.com. Upon entering the hotel, I noticed a terrible odor that I chose to disregard at first. The clerk behind the desk was friendly, welcoming us right away. I asked about the free wifi and was told that it is only available in the lobby, sometimes people on the 2nd and 3rd floors are able to connect, though they do provide a DSL line in the room for those who don't get the wifi signal. The clerk also told me that Housekeeping only comes in on Tuesdays and Thursdays, we arrived on Sunday - oh no! As we walked up to the room we noticed soiled carpets throughout the hotel. The elevator was clean in an industrial looking way rather than a comfortable hotel kind of way. When we got to our floor, again, carpets in the hallway were soiled and the stench I smelled upon entering the hotel apparently permeates through the entire hotel. It smelled a bit like it had at one time, been a smoking hotel, and now it wasn't combined with other odors.

Once settled into our room, I checked the bed and found hairs in the sheets. Soon thereafter, my son found an empty Heineken beer bottle next to the couch. My eyes began to itch as a result of the smell. I have used Hotwire successfully many, many times - thiss was the first time I ran into a hotel like this. I called Hotwire and they refused to reimburse me based on their policy. This did not sit well with me but even with that, this is the first time I have never switched hotels in my life and I have stayed in some very mixed lodging around the globe (China, Brazil, Eastern Europe, Peru, Russia, etc.).

I did not see any other dirt in the room but I kind of gave up at that point. When I get to a hotel, I want to have a pleasant experience and a comfortable landing place. This hotel was not that place. The hotel clerk apologized but could not give me a refund due to booking through Hotwire.com. He offered another room but I just could not take the smell.

NOTE: There were other guests at the hotel, some already there and others arriving.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Inverness, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We had to attend a funeral in Ft Myers. We checked in and the next moring went to take a showder----- no no no hot water!!! It was freezing cold. When to desk and were told " being worked on right now;will be on when you return form breakfast." Did not happen !!! Been to a funeral without a showder?? Told that afternoon " almost fixed". Next monrning same story when we checked out. We were told by desk the " manager ( not avaiable then) will adjust your bill." Did not happen!!!! Filed disbute with my credit card company and the hotel would not adjust. Said we stayed in the room therefore it was okay!
Do not stay here!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This was my second stay in MainStay Suites and I absolutely love this place! The two bedroom suite was perfect for our four-day visit with family that lives in the area. In addition to the two bedrooms ~ each with its own TV and bathroom, there is a small "living room/kitchen" area with a couch, chair and TV, and full-size refrigerator, small stove top, dishwasher, kitchen sink and island eating area. The breakfast is basic, but the accommodations more than make up for that. The rooms were clean and, although limited, the plates and utensils served our needs. No bed bugs issues during our stay! I think this hotel is the best kept secret in Ft. Myers!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back ot the building overlook a pond and trees ~ very nice!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Allure Suites? Share your experiences!