“Great price and mostly good hotel.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of MainStay Suites

Save Saved
You added MainStay Suites to your Saves list
MainStay Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9200 College Pkwy, Fort Myers, FL 33919 (Formerly Coral Bridge Inn and Suites)   |
Ranked #46 of 60 hotels in Fort Myers
MORENO VALLEY
“Great price and mostly good hotel.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This hotel has all the earmarks of being a great place to stay. It's a shame they don't finish it off with a service most people expect. The rooms are great. I had a two room suite with a large sitting area that included a couch and chair. Nice kitchen area with plenty of counter space, this is probably the best thing about this hotel. Oh, except the price. All this for under $65/nt. Excellent front desk people.

On the downside, there's no Wi-Fi here except in the lobby. They do have wired Internet, but it is excruciatingly slow. For a business person like me that needs to be constantly working on our online software, this was a real problem.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I went to this hotel when I went down to Florida to visit my family. I don't normally take the time to review hotels and restaurants, but this time I felt I had to share my experience. The staff there was genuinely interested in my comfort and made sure I had everything I needed (I forgot a few toiletries at home), and they also gave me a prompt wake up time so I made my flight with no problems. Travelling can be hectic for the holidays, so I was happy not to have any issues with my hotel, flying is a pain enough already! The price was super reasonable, and I would return here in a heartbeat for the next time I make it out to visit relatives. 10 out of 10!

Room Tip: This is a great hotel if you are looking for a bargain and a good place to stay. All the rooms seem...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The Mainstay is a good value relative to the offerings with a professional and informative staff. We visited the Fort Myers area and took our dog. Upon arrival, I was greeted by a delightful young lady working the desk that assisted in procuring a room of my choice that was convenient to the elevator and outdoor exit for the purpose of my dog's needs. She also informed me of various dog parks in the area, and took the time to research and give me a computer printout of information about the dog beach on Estero at the Fort Myers beach area. If you have a dog, you need to check this designated beach out. What a delightful experience. Behind the hotel is a large grassy area for the dog's needs. The hotel, although a bit aged, is clean and well maintained. The room was in the design of a suite and had plenty of room. Simply put, it met the needs for an accomodation. I also need to mention, that upon entering the room, I found a personalized welcome card, along with a baggie of goodies. The breakfast offered the basics, but was satisfactory. The pool was closed for repair and was a non issue. I have no problem recommending this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The Mainstay Is An Excellent hotel. My stay was very peaceful and relaxing. Staff was very
concerned about my needs and my stay. " Thank you " .I would suggest this hotel to my friends and business partners.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thomaston, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I was on a business trip where I needed to concentrate nightly after tarning during the day. I did not want extra costs and I needed a quiet location where I could get things done while being accessible to many daily requirements without having to spend unnecessary time locating the daily necessities. This was week long trip. The location was excellent as there are several Restaurants within walking distance if needed. The Publix Supermarket is with a few hundred yards. It was very quiet and I was able to work in my room and iin the lounge with no interruptions. The staff was extremely helpful with all my needs and requests. The Hotel is under new managagement and changes are being made as allowed. My wife flew in, mid-week, and we were able to sight see and access several local attractions within minutes. Every place has it problems. I'm not pampered any ootehr day and I only expect respect and courtesy; as I would give to others. The room was basic, at my request, but it was set up perfectly. The room's desk provided me with the ability to spread out my documents and paperwork while working, eating, taking breaks to eat, etc. I was not loooking for a penthouse at a travel lodge price and I received what I wanted at a better price than I expecteed. The staff and hotel made my stay very comfortable and allowed my trip to be a success! I would ove to have a room, such as this, to retreat to any time I wanted. Thank you MainStay Fort Myers, Fl.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Todd Y, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Mr. Reginald W.,
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments on the hotel and the staff. We really appreciate it. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next visit to Fort Myers, FL and the MainStay Suites.
New York State
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Stuck for two weeks in a first class dump----because we could not find anything reasonable anywhere around! I would NEVER recommend this to ANYONE. Run down, pool inoperable for weeks...or was it months, ..two phones, one refrigerator, one clock radio, ALL NOT WORKING...and nothing done about it. Cleaning was sub standard, clean towels often not avaiable on request. We are not used to the W, but do have minimum standards! This taught us a lesson, more thorough investigation before. The most outrageous incident was to hear an elderly couple, a few feet away, plead their case about all the ïssues"" they wanted taken care off. The owner/manager on duty that night, was rude, unprofessional and abusive as he waved them off saying, Ï heard you, don't repeat anything, enough...!! Hearing that, we decided it was useless to deal with him and would write Corporate Hdqtrs. when we got home.
Be wise and think twice . Stayed March 3-17, 2012
PS The service people were OUTSTANDING, but could do little about the situation.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights in March 2012. We selected this location because it was a good value for us and our parents to share a suite, also hoping to eat some meals in. The price was very good and the rooms were clean, but those are about the only positive things I can say.

The entire place was in disrepair. In our room, one of two stove eyes did not work, the dishwasher did not work, several light bulbs were missing, there were only enough utensils for 3 people (for a suite designed for 6), there was no skillet, the handicapped-accessible automatic door was broken, one hair dryer was broken, and one clock radio did not work. We enjoy using exercise facilities, but their single weight machine had broken cables, rendering half the machine non-functional. The seats were broken and non-adjustable for the stationary bikes (2). The treadmill needed waxing, the clock was stopped, the water cooler was empty (all week), there was no TV remote, and the step machine had a broken heart rate monitor. It appeared that they had purchased less-expensive equipment designed for home/family use rather than facility equipment. In the general hotel, one of two elevators was broken, the pool was "temporarily" shut down (all week) and contained leaves and green silt. the whirlpool/spa was out of order and the landscaping around the pool contained dead trees and was overgrown with weekds. The ice machine on our floor made no ice. Even the lobby fountain was dry. The breakfast was pretty pitiful - dry toast, store-bought danishes, and coffee. Be forewarned that housekeeping service is only one day per week - they don't take out your trash and have little in the way of extra linens or towels if you need them.

The desk was manned by one person, and for a few hours a day there were 2 housekeepers around, but no other staff otherwise. I felt that the staff wanted to be helpful, but that the owners didn't give them many resources to respond to guests. You had the sense that the place was about to go out of business at any minute.

If you need a CHEAP place for a large family or group, this may do, but be ready for a third-rate experience.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to MainStay Suites? Share your experiences!