“The definition of OK...” 3 of 5 stars

Crestwood Suites of Fort Myers
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7071 Lakeridge Court SW, Fort Myers, FL 33907   |
Ranked #44 of 61 Hotels in Fort Myers
Harris
“The definition of OK...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We have stayed here for the past three years and I can honestly say the condition of this hotel has deteriorated more and more every year. This year more apparent than last year. The halls do stick like animals and smoke, you can exchange your towels with the front desk. The wifi never worked right which was one of the main reasons I wanted to stay this year. Our room stunk like plumbing sewer, we febreezed but it didn't work. This place is ok and I don't think the staff can really do anything about how they are instructed to do their job. Some renovations really do need to happen or this place will get worse and worse.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hope P, General Manager at Crestwood Suites of Fort Myers, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Crystalee0425

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay at the Crestwood Suites Fort Myers and our apologies that your stay was anything less than completely enjoyable. . The hotel will be undergoing several improvements this coming summer that will address many of your concerns about our hotel. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you should your travels bring you back our way. Thank you again for having been our guest.

Ashlen Lowery

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My family and I got two rooms here just for one evening. We wanted to go out to the beach and asked about early check-in. The girl was very nice and said they could have the room ready in 45 min and this was at 1. Overall the hotel looks very nice and the room was very clean. Be ready for the overpowering smell of cigarettes as soon as you get off the elevator. Both our rooms were on the 3rd floor and it hits you like a punch in the face. The room did not seem so bad, smell wise, until I got home and smelled all my clothing. I washed everything, even things I didnt wear. So all in all the place is nice, the staff was friendly, and I slept ok on the very firm mattress. If you can bear the smell, or you are a smoker this is a great place for you. If even mild cigarette smoke bothers you, look elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear 341ChrisJ

Thank you for the complimentary words of the hotel and our staff. While we try to cater to everyones room requests; in some cases we are unable to do so. We apperciate your bussiness and the opportunity to hear your thoughts. We hope to see you soon and look forward to the chance to rectify any issues from your last visit.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night at Crestwood Suites in a queen non smoking room. Staff was friendly and check in process was quick. Our room was clean and spacious. The only negative is that the walls are very thin. Overall great value.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear LPMako

Thank you so much for taking time to review our Hotel.We are extremley happy that you enjoyed your stay and our friendly staff. We look forward to serving all of your lodging needs in the future.Please lets us know the next time you are coming to town and will ensure another pleasurable experience.

Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had read these reviews before my stay and thought it could not be as bad as what the reviews were saying boy was I wrong it was by far worse. first when my husband and I got to the hotel they did not have a room for us we were told unfortunately they would have to upgrade us that was a joke we got off the elevator and was hit with an immediate smell of smoke the odor was horrible it smelt like a casino keep in mind the third floor is the smoking floor if you do not smoke id advise to not have that floor it was so bad people had their windows open to air out the odor I went back down stairs and told the front desk I could not stay up there another customer behind me was complaining of the same thing she said she had to go out and buy air fresheners. The front desk said for 10 dollars a night I could switch floors for another upgrade?? What a disaster that was our room door did not lock you could literally put your hand on the door and it would open up I told the front desk they said they were aware the door did not lock because the fire department had kicked it down and they needed to fix it?? I was shocked that they were aware of this issue and never once told us that our door was broke, the lamp in the room did not work, the sink in the bathroom was clogged and the best part of all we had blood on our pillow case I went to the front desk showed the girl the pillow case explained what was going on and they said they could not do anything for us since we did not book the hotel through their site and to call the site we booked through we did not get charged the 10 dollars a night additional nothing else was done for us because the hotel said we got a room upgrade. I don't know what part of our experience was an upgrade still baffled on that. Is the hotel a good price sure is it worth the headache we went through no I'd rather pay more money some where else and get a door that locks and a fluid free pillow! Their is no service here no house keeping no fresh towels this is a do it your self hotel I guess you are suppose to protect your room also since the locks don't work. You couldn't pay me enough to come back here I had never been so happy to leave a hotel. if you like the potent smell of cigaretts, broken lamps, clogged drains, doors that don't lock, and nice bodily fluids on your pillow this is the place to stay don't make the mistake we did. These reviews are spot on I wish I had gotten the picture. Just plain gross!!

Room Tip: Third floor is smoking if you don't smoke ask for another floor
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Couch was disgusting - dirty with arms ripped/holes. Floor had stains all over carpet. Bathroom had waterstains all in roof. When asked for extra towels, they did not have any until 11 when their linen company showed up. Called us at 10 to make sure we were checking out today.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hartford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

If you're looking for absolutely no frills,have been a camper in the past, looking for a cheap place to stay, don't care about service or clean bedding, is OK with once-per-week maid service, this might be a good spot to consider.

If you or your significant other requires a clean, odor-free, dog-free and quiet environment with attentive staff, or expects nice soap and shampoo, a flat screen TV, up-to-date furnishings, clean carpets and daily maid service, move on.

We've stayed before because of the price, but there were more than "the usual" issues this time: No internet for over 4 days (for guests, front desk was fine); a random guy calling rooms saying he's from the front desk and needed "more information" from us (there was a sign about this in the elevator, and sure enough, he called us...is this an "inside job"?: he knew our room number and the layout of the hotel); visibly dirty blankets; barking dogs on the (supposedly) no dog floor; no extra towels in the entire hotel (2 bath towels per ROOM).

Front desk is clueless, (although nice), but they NEVER have answers "they're working on it", "I'm not sure". You can't help but feel kinda sorry for them.

I couldn't take it and washed our blankets in the provided laundry area (which now takes credit cards, nice touch, since the front desk never has change), and another woman was doing the same thing!! I guess the guests are the adjunct laundry service! I've seen laundry carts with dirty laundry and have never seen a cart with a blanket or a comforter, so do they EVER wash them!? Comforter always gets put aside in every hotel, but it it too much to expect clean blankets!?! I guess you can understand why I would high tail it to Walmart and buy new pillows.

Whoever stays in our room next: rest assured, you're getting the cleanest room in the joint, you're welcome.

Room Tip: 3d Floor is smoking and allows dogs: STAY AWAY unless both of these descriptions fit you. No bar, p...
Orlando,Fl.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My first impression was the smell of smoke when I entered the hotel it was overpowering.I stayed on 3rd floor exiting the elevator I could still smell the smoke in the hallways which were not air conditioned. My suite had two Queen beds, full size Frig., stove , microwave & 27" TV. Vending machine on each floor had a good supply of drinks and snacks. Good location for day trips to Sanibel. Needs upgrades in suites and hotel general areas.

Room Tip: End rooms larger
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Crestwood Suites of Fort Myers? Share your experiences!