“Not a bad place for the money..” 3 of 5 stars

Crestwood Suites of Fort Myers
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7071 Lakeridge Court SW, Fort Myers, FL 33907   |
Ranked #48 of 60 hotels in Fort Myers
Brookston
“Not a bad place for the money..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Overall stay was fine.. Staff is really friendly and willing to accommodate your needs. Rooms are reasonable in cleanliness and arrangement. Not quite enough silverware, dishes and pots and pans. I went out and bought paper plates and plastic silverware. This hotel could clean some carpets in the halls and in some rooms, as traffic patterns have started to show. I believe it would smell a little better.. But after all, as many hotels I stay in, I have learned to carry my own bottle of Febreze.. Dehumidifier would also be nice to eliminate the stuffiness of the rooms... I would stay again, as I am not the Holiday Inn, Hyatt Regency type of person.. Thank-you for your accommodations.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Lou Ann B, General Manager at Crestwood Suites of Fort Myers, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear mgwds,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate the comment about the staff being friendly and accommodating. Our location will be updating carpet and tile in guest rooms in the near future. We look forward to you staying with us the next time you come to Fort Myers.

Hope Perez

145 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
West Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Usually dont write reviews, but felt compelled to write this one. My boyfriend had work related things to do in ft myers and we decided to stay at crestwood because it was easy on our budget. Big mistake on our part. At first i felt the room was ok. Upon entering we decided it was fine for just a few nights. We had a king suite. There was ac in the living/kitchen area, but nothing in the bedroom (not a vent not a fan...nothing) even with the door left open it was sooo hot. I couldnt even put my clothes away in the drawers because they were full of dead bugs. We stayed right on the end of the hallway by an entry door which was SUPPOSED to be secure and needing a key to gain entry, but the key card reader was broken so the door just opened to whoever wabted to open it. I have numerous bug bites from being inside the room (i know it was inside the room becauae i didnt leave the room for the full day we were there) although i dont think they are bed bug bites because i checked the mattress and sheets before we laid down. The room and hotel smelled terrible. The phone was plugged in but did not work. The wifi was useless and never connected. After one night we had enough. We left and are currently spending our remaining 3 nights in ft myers at hyatt place. Our room at hyatt place is complete lluxury compared to crestwood and we only paid $8 more a night!! Crestwood is OK if your desperate, but i can guarantee you i will never step foot in one of their facilities ever again.

Room Tip: Usually dont write reviews, but felt compelled to write this one. My boyfriend had work related thin...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

Great location minutes from everything! Staff was great very helpful at any hour. The kitchen had a stove, pots and pans, full size fridge, plates, cups, forks, knives, and spoons in every room it was amazing and saved us a ton of money! For what you get this by far the best deal in Fort Myers! Every time I travel this will be my hotel if choice!

• Stayed May 2012
Lou Ann B, General Manager at Crestwood Suites of Fort Myers, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear Wtpup, Thank you for taking time to write a review. I am glad you enjoyed our Hotel and our area. Fort Myers is indeed one of the best places to be in south west Florida. I personally have enjoyed many years here.
The next time you stay with us stop by and see me for some great dinning places you may not find on your own.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 7 days. we chose this hotel for 2 reasons, #1 we wanted the King Suite because it had a divided living room\bedroom and we got a #2 Great rate. We were traveling with an baby and wanted to be able put our 1.5 year old in his own space so we could still stay up, so this hotel was perfect for that, most other places charge over $90 for this but not here. The hotel does not provide any cribs so we barrowed a Pack&Play from someone we knew locally. If we were not traveling with our child we would not have chosen this hotel. My 1.5 yr old loved the room though, he had tons of fun running around.

Hotel has NO frills, room comes with 2 dish\silverware sets, a pot, a pan and you one 0.2 oz of dish soap and a single coffee pack (yes they will give you more when you ask). To feel at home we had to go out and buy lots of stuff such as napkins, plastic silverware, paper plates, salt\pepper, and hand soap. ( we were here for 7 days, if you are only here for a couple of nights you'll get by)

Room looked nice and felt clean. Furniture is old, lamps were tarnished, and the the kitchen cabinets are made of white laminate. When you look close you notice the shotty work such as using multiple short pieces of trim to complete the floor trim to cut cost, but it just looks bad and is peeling away from the wall. Every door lets in lots of light including the main door (that also means sound travels through the gaps too). TVs are still the old CRT types but you get one in the living room and the bedroom. I hope you don't enjoy hot baths and showers, the hot water has REALLY low pressure, my wife used our kitchen pot and bath sink faucet to help fill the tub because the bath faucet took forever. The AC unit struggles to keep the room cool and seems loud. I noticed some cracked windows in other rooms. Both doors on my corner of the building had broken door locks (poor security).

Pros: Great location near resturants, stores, and super close to Lakes Regional Park. Located right off of US 41. Staff was all very friendly (thank you) . The huge towers next to the hotel helps you locate the hotel from wherever you are(they are the only tall towers).

Cons: No Pool. No Breakfast, No cribs, Room only cleaned if you stay 7 days, Poor security, shotty maintained property (stuff gets 'fixed' not replaced),

Conclusion: It suited our purpose for with our child, but there are probably better places for you if you if that is not your need.

Room Tip: Floors 1 & 2 are the Non-smoking floors Park under a tree avoid the sun.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Lou Ann B, General Manager at Crestwood Suites of Fort Myers, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear Guest: Thank you for taking your time to write a review. We appreciate your comments about our staff and we are happy that your son enjoyed the space.
We are in the process upgrading this summer replacing many items.
I hope you come again in the future and check out our new improvements.

Fort Myers
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

WE stayed here in march, i had read previous comments, but needed to stay in this area, for the price, stayed here, plenty of parking, helpful in giving me room we wanted, a lift to second floor. The room looked warn, with a cracked window, surround to window cracked, cracks in areas of room, marked and battered skirting. living area was clean, but bathroom was dirty especially in corners, hairs in bath, and wall coming away under sink. CONFUSED LONG STAY. Using there wifi, which was good, they cannot print anything out for you unless a flight ticket, nearly all motels i have stayed at, and they are not long stay have printed out no problems. no dvd player ?

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Lou Ann B, General Manager at Crestwood Suites of Fort Myers, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Dear MR Michael:
Thank you for your comments, all reviews are appreciated. I have forwarded your comments to our housekeeping staff and let them know I am very disappointed that any guest would find their bathroom unclean.
I know we still have some older furniture here and I am happy to report that we are in the process of replacing those items.
If you are back in our area, I hope you will call me and give us another try.

miami beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay. The facility was wonderful. The bathroom was superb, room immaculate. The staff was super friendly. Frontdesk Manager Miss Hope are amazing , assist us with everyting , special thank you to her.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your awesome review!! We appreciate the time you took to thank us and MS Hope.
We are happy you liked our Hotel and we hope to see you again soon.

CuyFls, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

This is my second review of this location. As a runner, on my first stay, I would hit the sidewalk and run around the block. "Around the block" here is more than five miles of sidewalk along busy streets. I knew there was a park entrance at the south end of the block, but didn't want to chance getting caught on some trail when the park closes after sunset. This year, I happened to begin my run a little earlier and turned into the park. What a gem. It's only a mile to the entrance from the hotel. Once inside, there are a number of paved and unpaved trails to enjoy. One of the trails includes a boardwalk stretching clear across the lake. If you drive there, there is a parking fee. In addition to the trails, you can rent bikes or boats to explore trail and lake. The lake has a multitude of islands where wildlife can be seen. There is a miniature railroad for the kids and a railroad museum.

I drew a map that the management copied and has available for runners and walkers. The map includes the Crestwood Suites, the sidewalk to the park and all the park's trails. Just ask for the runner's map.

Nothing had changed about our room. We enjoyed our six night stay. Still clean, convenient and inexpensive. Located in a safe area with lots of good restaurants nearby. My only complaint is that the WiFi didn't work at my end of the first floor hall. It worked fine when I sat in the lobby. Although the walls let noise from surrounding rooms in, the cool/heat ventilator has the ability to run the fan continuously providing a soothing cover noise.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Lou Ann B, General Manager at Crestwood Suites of Fort Myers, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Dear MR B. Thank you for writing a review about our Hotel and a HUGE thank you for the awesome map of the trails in Lakes Park you made for us. It must have taken quite some time to draw the map out. so detailed. I am sure there will be many guest who will love having your map.
We will see you next year.

Crestwood Suites
Fort Myers Florida
239-415-8440

Been to Crestwood Suites of Fort Myers? Share your experiences!