“No frills, Great Location,” 3 of 5 stars

Crestwood Suites of Fort Myers
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7071 Lakeridge Court SW, Fort Myers, FL 33907   |
Ranked #44 of 61 Hotels in Fort Myers
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“No frills, Great Location,”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 7 days. we chose this hotel for 2 reasons, #1 we wanted the King Suite because it had a divided living room\bedroom and we got a #2 Great rate. We were traveling with an baby and wanted to be able put our 1.5 year old in his own space so we could still stay up, so this hotel was perfect for that, most other places charge over $90 for this but not here. The hotel does not provide any cribs so we barrowed a Pack&Play from someone we knew locally. If we were not traveling with our child we would not have chosen this hotel. My 1.5 yr old loved the room though, he had tons of fun running around.

Hotel has NO frills, room comes with 2 dish\silverware sets, a pot, a pan and you one 0.2 oz of dish soap and a single coffee pack (yes they will give you more when you ask). To feel at home we had to go out and buy lots of stuff such as napkins, plastic silverware, paper plates, salt\pepper, and hand soap. ( we were here for 7 days, if you are only here for a couple of nights you'll get by)

Room looked nice and felt clean. Furniture is old, lamps were tarnished, and the the kitchen cabinets are made of white laminate. When you look close you notice the shotty work such as using multiple short pieces of trim to complete the floor trim to cut cost, but it just looks bad and is peeling away from the wall. Every door lets in lots of light including the main door (that also means sound travels through the gaps too). TVs are still the old CRT types but you get one in the living room and the bedroom. I hope you don't enjoy hot baths and showers, the hot water has REALLY low pressure, my wife used our kitchen pot and bath sink faucet to help fill the tub because the bath faucet took forever. The AC unit struggles to keep the room cool and seems loud. I noticed some cracked windows in other rooms. Both doors on my corner of the building had broken door locks (poor security).

Pros: Great location near resturants, stores, and super close to Lakes Regional Park. Located right off of US 41. Staff was all very friendly (thank you) . The huge towers next to the hotel helps you locate the hotel from wherever you are(they are the only tall towers).

Cons: No Pool. No Breakfast, No cribs, Room only cleaned if you stay 7 days, Poor security, shotty maintained property (stuff gets 'fixed' not replaced),

Conclusion: It suited our purpose for with our child, but there are probably better places for you if you if that is not your need.

Room Tip: Floors 1 & 2 are the Non-smoking floors Park under a tree avoid the sun.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Lou Ann B, General Manager at Crestwood Suites of Fort Myers, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear Guest: Thank you for taking your time to write a review. We appreciate your comments about our staff and we are happy that your son enjoyed the space.
We are in the process upgrading this summer replacing many items.
I hope you come again in the future and check out our new improvements.

239-415-8440

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Fort Myers
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

WE stayed here in march, i had read previous comments, but needed to stay in this area, for the price, stayed here, plenty of parking, helpful in giving me room we wanted, a lift to second floor. The room looked warn, with a cracked window, surround to window cracked, cracks in areas of room, marked and battered skirting. living area was clean, but bathroom was dirty especially in corners, hairs in bath, and wall coming away under sink. CONFUSED LONG STAY. Using there wifi, which was good, they cannot print anything out for you unless a flight ticket, nearly all motels i have stayed at, and they are not long stay have printed out no problems. no dvd player ?

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Lou Ann B, General Manager at Crestwood Suites of Fort Myers, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Dear MR Michael:
Thank you for your comments, all reviews are appreciated. I have forwarded your comments to our housekeeping staff and let them know I am very disappointed that any guest would find their bathroom unclean.
I know we still have some older furniture here and I am happy to report that we are in the process of replacing those items.
If you are back in our area, I hope you will call me and give us another try.

miami beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay. The facility was wonderful. The bathroom was superb, room immaculate. The staff was super friendly. Frontdesk Manager Miss Hope are amazing , assist us with everyting , special thank you to her.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your awesome review!! We appreciate the time you took to thank us and MS Hope.
We are happy you liked our Hotel and we hope to see you again soon.

CuyFls, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

This is my second review of this location. As a runner, on my first stay, I would hit the sidewalk and run around the block. "Around the block" here is more than five miles of sidewalk along busy streets. I knew there was a park entrance at the south end of the block, but didn't want to chance getting caught on some trail when the park closes after sunset. This year, I happened to begin my run a little earlier and turned into the park. What a gem. It's only a mile to the entrance from the hotel. Once inside, there are a number of paved and unpaved trails to enjoy. One of the trails includes a boardwalk stretching clear across the lake. If you drive there, there is a parking fee. In addition to the trails, you can rent bikes or boats to explore trail and lake. The lake has a multitude of islands where wildlife can be seen. There is a miniature railroad for the kids and a railroad museum.

I drew a map that the management copied and has available for runners and walkers. The map includes the Crestwood Suites, the sidewalk to the park and all the park's trails. Just ask for the runner's map.

Nothing had changed about our room. We enjoyed our six night stay. Still clean, convenient and inexpensive. Located in a safe area with lots of good restaurants nearby. My only complaint is that the WiFi didn't work at my end of the first floor hall. It worked fine when I sat in the lobby. Although the walls let noise from surrounding rooms in, the cool/heat ventilator has the ability to run the fan continuously providing a soothing cover noise.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Lou Ann B, General Manager at Crestwood Suites of Fort Myers, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Dear MR B. Thank you for writing a review about our Hotel and a HUGE thank you for the awesome map of the trails in Lakes Park you made for us. It must have taken quite some time to draw the map out. so detailed. I am sure there will be many guest who will love having your map.
We will see you next year.

Crestwood Suites
Fort Myers Florida
Cornwall, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

The rooms were clean and we enjoyed the option of cooking and eating in our room and the staff were very, very compasionte and helpful, as we had a death in the family and the rate was very good. Thank you.

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking room if not a smoker
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Cape Coral, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

I booked a room here from a travel website. It was $80. I normally don't like to spend that much due to the fact that all I do is sleep there during my business travel. When I arrived, the room I had selected had already been booked and they were kind enough to upgrade me to a king size bed. Nice, but overkill for what I needed. These suites are for extended stay travelers. Full fridge, microwave, sink, dishes, stove, desk/table, coffee maker and couch.

The bed wasn't the most comfortable, and the tv was an older one but was fine. Staff was friendly and nice.

If you were traveling with family for say a week, this would be a nice place to stay. They have a laundry room and etc. As well. It's sort of tucked away off a main road, so it feels safe.

Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Lou Ann B, General Manager at Crestwood Suites of Fort Myers, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Dear MR Morrison, Thank you for taking the your time to review our Hotel.
We are happy you liked your stay and hope to serve you in the future.
Please feel free to contact me directly for your next trip.

7071 Lakeridge CT.
Fort Myers Florida,33907
Palm Harbor, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Honestly the worst hotel I have even stayed at. The room smelled like wet dog and cigarettes. There were pieces of dog biscuits on the carpet! The wood furniture had been half eaten by dogs I suppose. There was sand in the bathtub. My daughter sat on the ripped up sofa and was attacked by fleas! We were placed in this "pet" room due to incorrect booking, and it was too late at that point to find another hotel. After the flea incident we called the front desk and demanded to be moved. They never apologized but took us to look at 3 other rooms which all smelled horrible and were filthy. By this time it was 11:00 PM and we settled for any room! When walking around the bed, my daughter stepped in a HOLE IN THE FLOOR and twisted her ankle! The hole was about 8" deep and covered by the carpet! STAY AWAY...FAR FAR AWAY....

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Crestwood Suites of Fort Myers? Share your experiences!