“Ideal for runners!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 60 hotels in Fort Myers
CuyFls, Ohio
“Ideal for runners!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

This is my second review of this location. As a runner, on my first stay, I would hit the sidewalk and run around the block. "Around the block" here is more than five miles of sidewalk along busy streets. I knew there was a park entrance at the south end of the block, but didn't want to chance getting caught on some trail when the park closes after sunset. This year, I happened to begin my run a little earlier and turned into the park. What a gem. It's only a mile to the entrance from the hotel. Once inside, there are a number of paved and unpaved trails to enjoy. One of the trails includes a boardwalk stretching clear across the lake. If you drive there, there is a parking fee. In addition to the trails, you can rent bikes or boats to explore trail and lake. The lake has a multitude of islands where wildlife can be seen. There is a miniature railroad for the kids and a railroad museum.

I drew a map that the management copied and has available for runners and walkers. The map includes the Crestwood Suites, the sidewalk to the park and all the park's trails. Just ask for the runner's map.

Nothing had changed about our room. We enjoyed our six night stay. Still clean, convenient and inexpensive. Located in a safe area with lots of good restaurants nearby. My only complaint is that the WiFi didn't work at my end of the first floor hall. It worked fine when I sat in the lobby. Although the walls let noise from surrounding rooms in, the cool/heat ventilator has the ability to run the fan continuously providing a soothing cover noise.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Lou Ann B, General Manager at Crestwood Suites of Fort Myers, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Dear MR B. Thank you for writing a review about our Hotel and a HUGE thank you for the awesome map of the trails in Lakes Park you made for us. It must have taken quite some time to draw the map out. so detailed. I am sure there will be many guest who will love having your map.
We will see you next year.

Crestwood Suites
Fort Myers Florida

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Cornwall, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

The rooms were clean and we enjoyed the option of cooking and eating in our room and the staff were very, very compasionte and helpful, as we had a death in the family and the rate was very good. Thank you.

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking room if not a smoker
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Cape Coral, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

I booked a room here from a travel website. It was $80. I normally don't like to spend that much due to the fact that all I do is sleep there during my business travel. When I arrived, the room I had selected had already been booked and they were kind enough to upgrade me to a king size bed. Nice, but overkill for what I needed. These suites are for extended stay travelers. Full fridge, microwave, sink, dishes, stove, desk/table, coffee maker and couch.

The bed wasn't the most comfortable, and the tv was an older one but was fine. Staff was friendly and nice.

If you were traveling with family for say a week, this would be a nice place to stay. They have a laundry room and etc. As well. It's sort of tucked away off a main road, so it feels safe.

Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Lou Ann B, General Manager at Crestwood Suites of Fort Myers, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Dear MR Morrison, Thank you for taking the your time to review our Hotel.
We are happy you liked your stay and hope to serve you in the future.
Please feel free to contact me directly for your next trip.

7071 Lakeridge CT.
Fort Myers Florida,33907
Palm Harbor, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Honestly the worst hotel I have even stayed at. The room smelled like wet dog and cigarettes. There were pieces of dog biscuits on the carpet! The wood furniture had been half eaten by dogs I suppose. There was sand in the bathtub. My daughter sat on the ripped up sofa and was attacked by fleas! We were placed in this "pet" room due to incorrect booking, and it was too late at that point to find another hotel. After the flea incident we called the front desk and demanded to be moved. They never apologized but took us to look at 3 other rooms which all smelled horrible and were filthy. By this time it was 11:00 PM and we settled for any room! When walking around the bed, my daughter stepped in a HOLE IN THE FLOOR and twisted her ankle! The hole was about 8" deep and covered by the carpet! STAY AWAY...FAR FAR AWAY....

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for one night and will never be back. The rooms are flea infested and are filthy. Tried to change rooms and went to see three before finding one that didn't stink. Management was arrogant and non helpful and would not even apologize. They acted like I was bothering them. Run, run, run to another hotel. The worst experience I have ever had in a hotel. For a hundred dollars a night you would think I would have at least gotten. A clean towel.

• Stayed February 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012 via mobile

Worst hotel I've stayed in ever. I had fleas after I left. I had to stay in a pet, smoking room (I'm allergic to smoke also) because they messed up my reservations from over a month beforehand. Horrible.

• Stayed February 2012
Lou Ann B, General Manager at Crestwood Suites of Fort Myers, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Dear Musicbabe:
We are sorry to hear your stay was not a happy one, but I do thank you for writing a review. all reviews good or bad are appreciated.
I did call our pest control to check the room you vacated the next morning and no fleas or any other pest were found. However I know fleas are hard to see and had him treat the room anyway.
I know you have been a loyal guest in the past and hope you do return again in the future. Please ask for me and I will handle your reservation needs personally.

SHELBYVILLE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

This was the best lodging of my Florida trip. And Hope at the desk was wonderfully friendly and helpful. This was enough to make me want to come back and spend some time in Fort Meyers. This time I was just passing through on way home from Key West.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Lou Ann B, General Manager at Crestwood Suites of Fort Myers, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
MR Willie: Thank you for taking time to write a review about our Hotel. We are glad you found us and look forward to your next stay with us.
I have to agree with you about Hope she is great part of our team and I am very happy to have her here with us.

239-415-8440

Been to Crestwood Suites of Fort Myers? Share your experiences!