“Fantastic place for wedding guests to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Stay And Play
Ranked #7 of 60 hotels in Fort Myers
GreenLeadersSilver level
ft myers florida
“Fantastic place for wedding guests to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

Our daughter recently got married and we used the Homewood Suites as our hotel for out of town guests. I believe there were 25 rooms that our guests booked. All of our guests were extremely pleased with their stay. They were very impressed with the large breakfasts and many of them took good advantage of the evening meals (not offered on weekend evenings) which were quite hearty (tacos,salad bar,meatball subs,etc) and the wine and draft(!) beer that were offered from 5 to 7. The location was ideal and allowed us to book the rehearsal dinner (for 60) at a restaurant within walking distance of the hotel ( Bacchus-where the food and staff were amazing) Best of all, our guests used the complimentary shuttle service for airport transportation and trips to a variety of other bars and restaurants. Any problems they had ( air conditioning, keys not working,etc) were dealt with quickly. Stephanie Millican,the sales manager, was a joy to work with. She told me that a new manager and engineer were in place, so I assume things will only get better and better.

• Stayed April 2009

345 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2009

We stayed here for 3 nights during spring break. We are Hilton Honors Gold members, and used reward points for the stay. Therefore I can't really say if it was a good vaule or not. However, we loved this place! It is less 'corporate' feeling than some of the newer Homewood Suites. We loved the 'homey' feel to it and my 3 kids (12, 9 and 4 years old) declared it the 'best hotel we have ever stayed at." The pool area was awesome. The hotel is built around a beautiful courtyard with a hot tub, pool, and grill/picnic area. If you ask for a room on the first floor, your room will open up into the courtyard. The free breakfast and 'light meal' each night saved us a ton of money! The staff was great and the hotel was spotless. It's in a quiet corner off the main drag, by the Bell Tower area. Lots of shops, restaurants, and a theater all within walking distance. We used it as a home 'base' to go to Lover's Key, Sanibel and the Everglades. Wonderful experience, and we would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2009

This Homewood Suites that I stayed at is the best hotel I had ever stayed at. The people were very nice and helpful. When I checked in and through the entire stay, the staff always was smiling. The room's were very nice because it looks brand new. The Breakfast and dinner at night, which are free, was great. My family and I were not expecting the hotel to be so nice.

• Liked — Everyone smiling
  • Disliked — nothing. everything were great
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
orlando, florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2009

We were overall dissapointed with this homewood and I'm rating it a 2 for the following reasons. (1) the hotel states they have undergone a "renovation" but it is primarily focused at the lobby. The rooms are old and some of the room's operating systems were outdated/worn. For example, the decor was worn, the dishwasher was broken. The plates were cracked. I supposed I could have overlooked this but at $139/night - that is unacceptable for a homewood. (2) To add insult to injury on the overall condition of the room, the management had, I presume in an attempt to "save" money, lowered the temperature on the room's water heater that was only fixed after I complained (and had to do it twice). (3) the breakfast was a collection of substandard items and "prefab" eggs products. Again - I'm am a hilton gold member and was unimpressed as compared to other homewoods. (4) I believe this hotel is a franchise - not a corporate hotel - as such it may be the source of the problems.
Overall, I'd suggest you can find a suite hotel at a better price somewhere else in southwest Florida.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2008

This is by far the worst Homewood I've ever stayed. We always stay at Homewood suites any time we travel. I've stayed at over a dozen different locations and this is the worst one. The location is fine, next to an upscale shopping center, but when we pulled it you could see it was in need of repairs. The front door is scratched and dented, not a good first impression. We checked in, after i waited for the front desk person to get off the phone. Sorry, bit pet peeve, if there is someone in front of you don't answer the phone and deal with them if your already dealing with me!! Just plain rude! So we check in and got to our room, it was awful. It smelled horrible of stale smoke, even our 3 year old said....ewww....it stinks. My wife went to the front desk to ask to move. She said they didn't have any other rooms, but they could put in some sort of deodorize bomb? Why didn't you already do that? There is no way they didn't notice the horrible smell. No way are we staying in this room even with a bomb. So I check on line for other hotels and go back to the desk to tell them we are checking out and won't stay in that room. Guess what...they found another room now. We decide to stay and the second room is better, a little odd smell, but nothing bad. The room itself is your normal Homewood room. However its not clean, the sink is clogged and the faucets are all backwards. Hot is cold and cold is hot. Old TV's not flat screens, LOUD, I mean LOUD bathroom fan and old and loud air conditioner. This is just not what we have come to expect from Homewood. This hotel is major need of refurb and I wouldn't stay here again without it being updated. The Breakfast was good, but the trash cans were already over flowing with garbage at 7:45 am and many tables were left with garbage on them. The entire time we were down there, over 30 mins, no one was to be seen cleaning tables or stocking the food. I'll be a little more careful from now on when I book Homewood, I thought I was safe with this brand name, but maybe not.

• Liked — Locaiton and breakfast
  • Disliked — Staff and condition of the hotel
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Plover, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2008

I travel frequently for business and tend to stay at either Hilton or Marriott properties. I have "Gold Elite" status with both. I booked through the Hilton website for one night AARP rate. I was asked to produce my AARP card at check in and a photocopy was made. I didn't mind that, but this is the first time a hotel has even asked to see my card. (Maybe I should take that as a compliment)

When I got to my room I noticed that I didn't have the 2 bottles of water and cookies given to Gold Elite guests. I had to request them again.

The suite itself was like an average Homewood one bedroom suite. Everything worked fine.

The hotel is at the end of a cul-de-sac which meant there was no traffic noise and was very quiet.

While I was in the lobby a group of 4 men had just returned from the golf course and asked the front desk if they could play cards "for money" in the clubhouse. I appreciated the fact that the hotel did not permit them to do so.

I would likely stay again if in the Ft. Myers area on business.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Niagara Falls, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2008

Just came home from 13 days in Florida and stayed at the Homewood Suites at the Bell Tower. We rebooked at this hotel based on our previous stay. This time, we were not as blown away: little things definetely need to be worked on.
Housekeeping needs to be improved. Not one day was the same as the previous....some days we got the towels on the shelves, some on the towel bar and sometimes on the tub edge. And there was never the same number replaced as taken out. And after the first day the kitchen towel and cloth was gone and never replaced. Not a big deal...but other things were just as inconsistant, like the vacuuming. Not really sure that they were even doing it daily. The curtains in the living room fell down and we placed them back up and told the housekeeper three days running about them, but when we left they were still broken.
Some of the staff seems to be just putting in their time...no extra effort was given by many of the front desk staff and in fact they seemed to be put out when we needed the keys reprogrammed, or when we asked for a copy of our receipt. But not all of the staff seemed so put upon...The lovely lady that takes care of the breakfasts (sorry, didn't catch her name) and the very nice lady (Rosy) that takes care of the manager's reception each night are very wonderful....high praise for both of them.

Would we still stay here in the future...definetely. But we'll be much more vocal about any issues that we happen upon.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers? Share your experiences!