“Florida vacation in the sun!!” 4 of 5 stars

Stay And Play
Ranked #7 of 60 hotels in Fort Myers
GreenLeadersSilver level
Versailles, Kentucky
“Florida vacation in the sun!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The hotel staff was excellent. Our room was just what we needed for our 4 day stay in the sun. The hotel was a short drive from the beach. The cold beer each night with dinner when I arrived after 5pm was just what I needed. They were even considerate enough to offer dinner one evening when I arrived 15 min after 7pm. I used my Hilton Honors points for the suite and it was very easy. The ONLY thing I can see that needs an upgrade, the elevator. Worked fine...just slow. I'd stay again and will tell all my friends to stay there. Nice place! No place like a Homewood Suites for an extended stay!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

348 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
brownsmills, nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

this is right off the beaten path not far from anything. you walk in the warmth you feel. place is clean and well taken care of. the room is spacious with a minifull size kitchen with all utensils. we never had to use it.nice large screen tv's . theres a breakfeast each morning and a free dinner monday to thursday ( includes beer and wine) . the dinner of the night is posted on the refrigerator in each room. the pool is nice. the hot tub was just fine. everything was clean and up to date inside and out. everyone so personable and helpful. mainly snowbirds staying there. a very quiet area and place. no problems with noises and young crowds. nice computer room if you need to get things done. everything was wonderful would stay there again.

Room Tip: all rooms good
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
FMYHW, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your kind words describing our hotel. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of most of our amenities. I see you noticed the menu for our Welcome Home Reception that is complimentary Mon-Thurs with beer and wine! We provide a menu for the entire month and place it on the refrigerator in all of our suites. That way you can plan your dining activities accordingly. For example, we are serving BBQ items tonight. Included are stadium style hot dogs (on the grill), Chili, Chips, and Cole Slaw. For those that would like something a little lighter, we also provide a salad bar every night of our reception.
Thanks again for your review. Stay safe and we will see you again soon!
Rochester, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Great for both families and business travelers. Free breakfast and evening reception with food and cocktails so great value for the price paid. Hotel easy to get to from airport and has everything needed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
FMYHW, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Short but sweet! Thanks for the great review. We appreciate hearing from our guests. We look forward to welcoming you home again soon!
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. Designed for long term stays, the rooms have a living room with couch and chair and big flat screen tv. Off to the side was a frig, cooktop and microwave with a breakfast bar. Separate from this room was the bedroom with another flatscreen tv and the bathroom. All were clean and looked brand new. This hotel does allow pets so occasionally we did hear a dog bark but overall, the soundproofing was pretty good. The breakfast was great with many choices, hot and cold. This hotel also offers and evening 'snack' during the week, which looked like a full meal to me. We stayed over the weekend so can't comment on this. The hotel is located by the Bell Tower Mall and many restaurants but it is tucked away and very quiet. Would like to come back and spend more time here.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I must say that when my family and I first arrived, I was slightly let down when we arrived at the hotel because it seemed a bit on the older side, but I was quickly proved wrong. The rooms are kept very clean, and in the long run that is all that matters! The carpets in the room were my only complaint because they seemed old and battered; they also smelled as the they sprayed the rug with chemicals, but that aired out right away. The breakfast was WONDERFUL!!! They had several different options that you could choose from. The pool courtyard was beautiful, and all of the employees treated us with care. It is easily accessible to the beach or the airport, as it is in central Fort Myers. The Bell Tower Shops was also a big plus. After several nights at this Homewood Suites, we felt like it was home!

Room Tip: Rooms over the courtyard have a wonderful view!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
We may not be the newest hotel on the block but it appears that you noticed all the little things that make this hotel a great place to stay! Our location, tropical courtyard with pool/ Jacuzzi and of course our staff! They are the best in the business. They work hard every day to ensure that our guests feel at home and exceed all expectations. Thank you for your review. We look forward to your return soon!

P.S. We will be replacing the carpet soon! Stay tuned for additional renovation projects to our suites beginning in April 2103.
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I travel to Ft. Myers on business several days a month and I always stay here. The rooms are nice (and I like the suites). The staff is very professional and always have a smile and by now most of them know me by name. After a long day I park my car for the night, check in my suite, go to a nice dinner and a several cold beverages and I am all set. If you feel the urge to go out Bell Tower is close by (excellent dining options, movies, night life etc).

Again I always feel at home here and welcomed by the staff, the food is excellent. If I ever have any issues they are cleared up promptly. It's not a five star and the furniture etc is not five star but the rooms are clean and the staff treats you like you are in a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Location and staff is fine but the rooms are old and the furniture too, look it is the same from the 60's. It is as incomfortable as the El Cheapo motels that you find at $20.00 on side oh highways.

I usually goes In Homewood hotels while on family trip because I like the style and hospitality but I will never come back to this one.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
FMYHW, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us and we appreciate your loyalty to our brand. We value your business and your feedback and we apologize for the condition of your guest suite. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Warm regards,
Lee Bellamy

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers? Share your experiences!