“I love this place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 61 Hotels in Fort Myers
Homestead, Florida
“I love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I am a frequent Hilton Customer and this has to be one of my absolute faves. The staff is so accomidating and friendly. One women even went above and beyond by allowing my daughter to see how the computer systems worked after they got on the topic during check in. The hotel is very clean and even the location is great with access to many reasturaunts close by and the beach not more than 30 min. away. Its not just the staff you have to interact with here it is the entore staff, they all smile speak and wave even when you are not in need of their paticular assistance. Friendliness and wonderful customer service are hard to find these days and I happy to say Fort Myers HGI is doing a great job!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Edina, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

From the first time we walked in to all the staff encounters, we had nothing but praise for our time there. The front desk staff was especially helpful in recommending places to eat and activities in the area. Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Plantation, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Beverly (Front Desk) is terrific (Happy trails, Janet!), and Marshall (Dining Room) along with his team treats EVERYONE like royalty. We even observed some nice/friendly local couples partaking in the fabulous cook-to-order hot breakfast on Sunday. We specifically select this hotel whenever we visit Fort Myers because of its proximity to nearby Sanibel/Captiva Islands (where the rates are totally insane for this Florida resident). Stayed in a King Mini-Suite over one recent weekend, and had an enjoyable experience from arrival to departure. Check-in and check-out was effortless, room was clean and well-appointed, and the interior lobby (with hot fresh cookies and a lovely tropical aquarium to enjoy), pool/exercise area, and exterior property looked well cared for (fresh mulch, meticulously cared for tropicals, and the gardenias were in full bloom--nice touch). Not certain whether all rooms are similarly furnished, but our room's furnishings were quite nice, and our bed was comfy (feather pillows would be a nice touch though, but let's face it, its not The Ritz folks!) When considering the combination of price-point and proximity to the nearby islands, we find the accommodations at this location to meet our expectations, and the friendly/helpful staff to exceed our expectations...and...just so you know, these comments are coming from a former hotel brat, so recognizable hospitality is still in the blood! In summary, we have found that the long term staff (which is very telling in and of itself) consistently endeavors to make our stays both enjoyable and memorable, which we believe is clearly a reflection of the management style, as well as an appreciable adherence to the Hilton brand!

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are located on the top floor (5th floor), and the rooms always smell fresh upon arriva...
Milford, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The front desk was helpful. We called at the last minute and were able to get a room for Saturday night. The rate was very acceptable.
When we got to the hotel, check in was easy. We wanted local food, no chain restaurant, and the receptionist helped us find a really good (and cheap) place near by.
The hotel's location was ok, but unfortunately not in the center of the historic section.

Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have stayed at several Hilton properties in the area and this one is by far the worst. The decor is very dated and the bathrooms are very small with NO water pressure. I had problems connecting to the internet and I was told "they had been having problems for a few days" and there was a technical support number I could call to try to get it fixed. Really, the customers are supposed to fix the problem? It was only after I refused that they called back and gave me a promo code. The air was also broken in the fitness center and it felt like a sauna. It took two requests to get a maintenance guy down there and when he finally came he just said he had other things to do before he could fix it. I will not be coming back here ever again. Do yourself a favor and head down south a bit to stay in Naples if you have that option.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Free parking, free Wifi, close to Edison College. Property looks dated. I had almost no hot water for the first two days, and when I called the maintenance person, he checked the water and told me it was a little hot, and that since the hotel was at capacity, I just wasn't getting hot water. He did 'boost' the system and the problem was fixed for the next 5 days. Decent fridge/microwave area. Beds with adjustable firmness were nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This hotel was somewhat of a disappoint given the great reviews on trip advisor. I booked the room through Hotels.com and after arrival found that I was given a smoking room. When booking through Hotels.com it did not give me the opportunity to pick a non-smoking room and when I arrived the hotel was booked and could not give me a nonsmoking room. Hopefully the other rooms are better than the smoking rooms but I will not return to this Hotel. Rooms noisy, Mattress very springy and rolled toward center of bed.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel if you are a non smoker
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers? Share your experiences!