“Ok, not great” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 60 hotels in Fort Myers
Atlanta, Georgia
“Ok, not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Free parking, free Wifi, close to Edison College. Property looks dated. I had almost no hot water for the first two days, and when I called the maintenance person, he checked the water and told me it was a little hot, and that since the hotel was at capacity, I just wasn't getting hot water. He did 'boost' the system and the problem was fixed for the next 5 days. Decent fridge/microwave area. Beds with adjustable firmness were nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This hotel was somewhat of a disappoint given the great reviews on trip advisor. I booked the room through Hotels.com and after arrival found that I was given a smoking room. When booking through Hotels.com it did not give me the opportunity to pick a non-smoking room and when I arrived the hotel was booked and could not give me a nonsmoking room. Hopefully the other rooms are better than the smoking rooms but I will not return to this Hotel. Rooms noisy, Mattress very springy and rolled toward center of bed.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel if you are a non smoker
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The restaurant inside the Hilton Garden Inn on University Ave is the worst!
2 people waiting the 2 tables and nowhere could I find them to flag them down to get anything during the evening. The place is completely open and you can see everything. They must have been hiding the whole time---they certainly were not busy for dinner with 2 tables.

Fish ordered by 2 of us was OLD and smelly. My wife refused to eat it. My sister ordered the chicken appetizer and it was 1/8 of an inch thick and hard. Fries were old, cold and hard. If we could ever had gotten someones attention we might have asked them to fix it, but we were going to a play afterwards and could not wait for another 15 minutes. Everything we needed anything we had to look the entire time to try to flag someone down and then ask for things several times before we got them.

I watched the chef use a bowl to dip out tartar sauce and cole slaw from his containers---do they not have spoons of spatulas?

The salads at this place used to be good, but it was just terrible now.
Don't go even if it is free. Worst dinning experience of the year.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Medford, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights....typical Hilton property. Clean and boring...no special amenities....although the cookies at the front desk were good! Restaurant was also typical of Hilton...ok food but overpriced. Brian...the evening chef...was great....very personable and gave us good tips on where to go and great directions. If you're looking for more there are much better hotels in the area....

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dania Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Hotel was easy to find and in a safe well lit area. I found a decent amount of restaurants nearby and the hotel bar was decent as well. The hotel has a restaurant with breakfast and dinner (I didn't notice if it was open for lunch). Staff were very friendly and outgoing. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Satyed 3 nights on Dec 16, 2013.
Going back to all the previous reviews, everything positive that has been said is true. Very clean & modern facility, great location, safe, nicely lit parking lot, nice receptionists, comfy mattress and pillows, etc.
But for the following 3 reasons I give it a "2" and will not stay there when we return in January:
1)The noisy clunky AC makes it impossible to sleep straight through the night. Every time it turned on or off it made a horrible noise so you wake up many times during the night. By the time we left my wife and I were truly beat!!!
2)For the price charged, they make you pay for breakfast. Check out nice hotels in the area for less money and breakfast included which is very convenient.
3)Sign to turn into the hotel is not very visible. We missed our turn several times and had to make U-turns to get back to the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I'd never stayed in Ft. Myers and had a wedding to attend. I found this hotel and strictly went by location and reviews. I was more than pleased. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. My room was clean which is the number one issue for me and the price could not be more reasonable. The hotel is located very close to the major highways so getting around is very easy. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers? Share your experiences!