“Welcoming & Quiet” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Southwest Gulf Coast, Florida
“Welcoming & Quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel was convenient, clean and quiet. The atmosphere welcoming. We would stay again. The only negative was the heavy duvet on the bed which seemed inappropriate for Florida and the water pressure in the shower was lacking. The pillows and bed were comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Beth F, Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Myers - Airport I-75, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Your review is very informative and we are deeply grateful that you enjoyed your stay. I understand about the Duvet Covers issue however they are standards for all Hampton Inn as required by the Hilton, our parent company. I would share the information you gave and maybe they will take that in consideration next time they want us to upgrade our beddings. We are presently fixing the issue we have with the water pressure and I thank you for bringing that matter to our attention.I hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Just returned back from this hotel. Got a great rate through Tingo! The decor is updated to be contemporary but casual - pretty nice. The lobby was spacious and was lively in the morning during the complimentary breakfast hours. We loved the waffle maker, but other than that I thought that there wasn't a very large variety to choose from. Not a problem, just something to keep in mind if you are a big breakfast eater. Luckily we are not, so a waffle and coffee were perfect for the morning.

Hallways were nice. I loved the photos on the room number signs. Rooms were updated as well but were a bit small in size. Maybe they just seemed small because the beds were so big and there was also a big desk in the room with a huge chair. Bathroom was clean, bright, and average size. It was mostly clean, but I did find a water bottle cap that wasn't mine by the bed. Beds were comfortable and we both slept well. The TV was great and had an awesome variety of channels via DirecTV. I also liked the plugs on the base of the lamps - convenient!

We were slightly disappointed with the pool area, but we didn't come there to stay at the hotel and hang out in the pool all day - so it was not an issue for us. The hotel is in a great location. Seemed like everywhere we needed to go was in a 5-15 minute drive! We were in town for Spring Training so this was perfect - close to both Red Sox and Twins ballparks.

Staff was friendly and we enjoyed the beer & wine in the lobby in the evenings. The woman at the front desk when we checked in must have thought we were on college spring break, because she recommended some places to go in Ft. Myers Beach but then told us we need to remember that even though we are there to party, we need to be quiet when we come back to the hotel. We weren't there to party, and the little kids running around the hallways screaming one morning probably could've used that warning more than we did :) Other than those little kids, this hotel is very quiet.

Will likely stay here again if I come to Ft. Myers for a quick trip!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your great review. I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us and i do appreciate that you find the hotel and our service to your liking. We would love to see you again next Spring.
Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The hotel was very clean, very close to hotel and the Jet Blue stadium which is why we choose it. The shower is not very powerful and we thought it was broken. We mentioned this on our way out to visit some friends in the area and catch the red socks game. When we got back later on that evening we found a note on our floor saying that the Hotel is a 100% non smoking hotel and if we want to smoke they can move us to another room, and we might be charged a cleaning fee. We immediately went down to front desk where the agent on had no idea what letter meant. We explained we were out of room all day and just returned to find the letter. She said she would look into it. Rest of our stay was ok. Shower head was changed but then found out it is just the pressure. Upon check out I asked agent if they ever found out the meaning of our letter and she said no but you were not charged cleaning fee. I think if someone took the time to leave a letter under someone's door they should inform the agents working.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Beth F, Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Myers - Airport I-75, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your loyalty to us and we appreciate your review. I'm sorry to hear about the shower pressure and for the misunderstanding about the hotel note. It was meant for a different room and will do a better job of communicating to our guests and keeping our staff informed among departments. We hope to see you again for next year's Spring Training.

Kind regards,
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel has a great location for Twins spring training games and the beach, and manatee park. Very friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms, even had cookies and drinks in the evenings. Pool was nice and clean with lounge chairs. All entrances, including the pool need keys for entry so security was good. Rooms are quiet, well appointed. Only complaint would be more powere to the shower and more puff to the bed pillows.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Beth F, Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Myers - Airport I-75, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
We take pride in our customer service and wishes for our guests to be satisfied during their stay. I am glad that you had an enjoyable experience and rest assure that the problem with the water pressure will be handled appropriately. Thank you so much for your review and we look forward of seeing you again soon.
Commack, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel was very clean and the staff was exceptionally friendly. They had complimentary beer and wine in the late afternoon and a very nice selection of breakfast choices in the morning , also complimentary. I want to commend Tabitha who was attending to the breakfast area each morning and not only did a great job making sure everything was in order, but was also very personable as well. I was very comfortable and there were many restaurants in the area, some within walking distance. Finally, the airport was only a 10 minute drive away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
On behalf of the staff of Hampton Inn Airport, we thank you for your great review. I would definitely pass the message to Tabitha. She is a trouper and goes out of her way to make sure that the breakfast is in tip top shape when she is around. It gives me great joy to know that you find the hotel safe and convenient to your needs. We look forward of seeing you again in the near future.
South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Nice place to stay and very convenient. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is so close to Jet Blue Stadium you could walk except for the traffic. There's an outstanding Italian restaurant nearby. They have a very nice manager's reception in the early evening at the hotel. The decor is typical Hampton.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We have been fortunate enough to be located in between the best spring training facility of the Boston Red Sox and the Minnessota Twins and for that reason we are happy to be able to house some of the best fans of baseball. Im glad that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward of seeing you next sprint training season.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Great hotel to stay in if you are in Ft. Myers for Red Sox or Twins spring training. And there are restaurants and drug stores in walking distance. Staff was very nice and accommodating. The fitness center is small, but it does have a treadmill, elliptical, and bike.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
It is a very good feeling to know that you enjoyed your stay during your visit to our property and can't wait to see you back here again. All of us here at the hotel are happy when our guests are satisfied during their stay. For us that means , a job well done. Thank you again for your kind review.

Been to Hampton Inn Ft. Myers - Airport I-75? Share your experiences!