“Pretty Excellent Overall!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
“Pretty Excellent Overall!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My fiance and I stayed there four nghts a few weeks ago. I should add he has major health problems. We had, overall, a fantastic experience!

Whar made it great was the clean and comfortable rooms, the great hot breakfasts and the genuine friendliness of almost all of the staff!

Initrially, we thought that Michael was super wonderful with his effusive and excessive "friendliness" until we happened to sit in the lobby during the reception and, to our surprise, he said the same canned and fake speec to evry single guest! I really dislike FAKE, and that was a minus.

Having said that... let me tell you WHY we will return when next in the area.

The manager (I do not know hr name) but she has long dark hair and is part Asian. VERY helpful and attentive. She must train her staff extremely well because they are excellent except for the very fake
Michael.

Who stands out to us are Liz, a daytime front desk person who is excellent! We loved her! She did all she could to make our stay great! Very good employee! She did all she could to be helpful in every way. We adored her!

Also Doug. He came to our room four times in one night to unplug our toilet. (Not thhe hotels fault, my fiances fault). On one visit, even I would not have attempted to clean up the mess as it was that awful and all over the place (feces AND vomit) had been sick EVERYWHERE), I apologized, and Doug said "Oh don't worry about it". He proceeded to clean the very messed up bathroom and leave it spotless. He then even told us places that served soup!

My fiancee tried to give him $100 for doing this nasty job. He smilingly refused it, but thanked us for our thoughtfulness, wished us a good night and left.

Finally, Lazz was excellent as well! When we had an issue with a burned oyt bathroom light he quickly and efficiently repaired it, with a smile!

When we are next in the area, we will definitely stay there!

CriShan Trang

Room Tip: We had a very positive experienxe!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Beth F, Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Myers - Airport I-75, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the hotel and the services we provide. It gives us joy to know that somehow, we have done our job and we have done it well. If one of us failed to live up to your expectations then in many ways I have failed and the whole team failed.
We function as a team and and rises as a team, Rest assure that this issues will be resolve .
Again, thank you so much and we hope to see you again in the nearest future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Hilton Head, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This property has potential because of its locatiion, brand following and amenities, but suffers from very inconsistent levels of service and of staff quality. For example, the evening front desk staff was exceptional every one of our four-night stay. Excellent local restaurant recommendations, good directions, friendly and helpful. The daytime front desk was droll and out of step with the demands of a busy operation, overwhelmed at times. The houskeeping staff is very good. Everything in our room was spotless. The breakfast room, though, was a disaster. The attendant there really had no clue. The supposedly hot food was cold; the cold food (including basics like milk for cereal) was depleted and getting it re-filled was like asking for a favor. The tables were cleared, but un-wiped. The floor looked like a bunch of two-year-olds had just had a food fight, which may have been the case but they were long gone and their mess was still there. The attendant was hiding out in the "pantry" and acted like we were bothering her when we asked for milk and commented on the hot food being cold. When we went to find the on duty manager, we were told she would not be in until 12 noon. That told us all we needed to know. This place is being run by the mice when the cat is not in the house...and the mice are not getting the job done.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Beth F, Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Myers - Airport I-75, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
On behalf of the Management of the Hampton Inn Airport, I would like to thank you for your review. Your opinion is very important to us and we use it a a guiding tool to improve our weaknesses and the quality of our service. It is very unfortunate that you did not experience the level of consistency that you expected from us and for that reason, please accept my sincerest apologies. Your detailed review has given us an insight of what needs to be done to resolve all these issues and it will be handled accordingly.
I am hoping that you will give us another opportunity to show you what Hampton Inn Airport is really all about the next time you are in the Fort Myers Area. Warm Regards,
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

After a three night four day stay at the Casa Marina Waldorf Astoria hotel in Key West, we started to lose faith in the Hilton Hotel Brand. The staff at the Fort Myers North Hampton was so exceptional, helpful and friendly that the other amenities of the hotel didn't matter. What makes the employees of these two hotels so different? It was a welcomed relief and a positive experience. What the hotel lacked in comfort was more than made up by the superior staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
It gives me a tremendous pleasure to read the review you posted regarding your recent stay at our property. We have been blessed to have a group of wonderful people that works with us that believes that great customer service is the foundation of true Hamptonality and we cannot be more happier to know that we have met your expectations. Thank you so much.
Apex, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

The staff was courteous and the rooms were very nice. The location was convenient to dining and amenities. We appreciated the airport transportation and would encourage everyone to use this. I would recommend this hotel to anyone for a very comfortable and convenient stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and you liked our newly renovated rooms. It is our goal to make sure that you have a wonderful, relaxing stay and a great experience to carry with you when you leave our hotel and I am happy we did not dissapoint you. Hopefully, we will get to see you again in the near future.
Aliso Viejo, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Second time at this Hampton and it is very clean and newly revamped. It is close to the airport and has a very good staff. The only drawback is they have limited you to 2 6oz draft beers durring the Managers Reception. Will be back next year!

Room Tip: all seem to be equally quiet
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Beth F, Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Myers - Airport I-75, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
I am so glad to know that time and time again we have made your stay with us a memorable one. We are committed in providing our guests the best service we can offer and make sure they have an enjoyable stay. It is more rewarding to know that because of your previous experience you came back to stay with us again. That for me is far more important. Thank you and look forward of seeing you next year.
Central, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Friendly and professional staff, clean, managers reception, breakfast concierge committed to serve those who must depart in the wee hours by opening a little earlier than the advertised time, and a friendly shuttle drive to the airport. I will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a high-floor room facing north - away from the noise of Daniels Parkway
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Beth F, Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Myers - Airport I-75, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
I cannot thank you enough for your wonderful review. Comments like yours inspires us to do what we do and do it well. To know that you are very satisfied with your stay is very comforting and very rewarding for us and we can only hope that we can be of service to you again in the near future. Again, from all of us at the Hampton Inn Airport, our sincerest thanks.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We want to tell you about our experience at this hotel December 20-23rd, 2012. We were unfortunately there to see our sister-in-law at the Gulf Coast Medical Centre. She had had a massive brain bleed from which, she unfortunately, did not recover. Beth Feliciano, the manager and her staff were exceptional. They went out of their way with kindness, caring and assistance. On more than one occasion they took phone messages for us and came to our door to let us know. They were always asking if there was anything they could do. They made us feel part of the family. We cannot recommend this hotel too strongly - they were marvellous! We have stayed in other Hampton Inns before and will, no doubt, again, but this one was truly exceptional! Thank you!.

Room Tip: We were on the main floor which was great. Unfortunately views didn't matter. The AC was perfe...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
What a wonderful review and I cannot thank you enough for your kind words. It is our goal to make sure that your stay would be the least of your worries. Afterall you are absolutely correct, you are family and for all our guests, their home away from home. I just wish the circumstances were different.
Again on behalf of the whole staff of Hampton Inn Airport, our sincerest thanks and we hope to see you again in Fort Myers for a leisure stay.

Been to Hampton Inn Ft. Myers - Airport I-75? Share your experiences!