“Consistently good!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Twisted Vine Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #131 of 673 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hendry
Description: Twisted Vine Bistro, located in downtown Fort Myers' historic river district, prides itself in an extraordinary dining experience. We are a beautiful polished, casual upscale restaurant that has an eclectic menu, a full liquor bar, and a wonderful boutique wine list. We offer only the freshest seafood, certified Angus Beef, and other local unique innovative entrees. We also feature an extensive wine list, with over thirty wines by the glass. We even grow our own house herbs and spices in our courtyard garden, which is available for private parties and events, and have partnered with Roots Hertitage Urban Food Hub, a non-profit organization locally growing our in-season produce, to source local ingredients as much as possible. As if the food wasn't enough, we like to have fun and provide live entertainment on the weekends, are big supporters of the Florida Reparatory Theatre, Sidney and Berne Davis Art Center and host networking events during the week to help connect the community.
Cape Coral, Florida
“Consistently good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Great atmosphere; good food; great service; great location; great wine list; good draft and bottled beer selection. This is our favorite restaurant downtown.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fort Myers, Florida
“Crazy actions from the staff and owners”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

A group of about 20 or so went here for lunch today. A great menu. We got our orders in and the wait for the food was a bit on the long side. finally our food arrives and we are enjoying our meal and then the interesting part happens.

My wife is sitting across the table from me and attempts to move her plastic chair ( we are on their outdoor patio ) back a bit from the table. Well, the next thing .... there is a loud "pop" sound and my wife is laying on her back on the ground. Oh well, you gotta credit the wait staff .. they kept right on waiting while my wife has just taken a hard fall because the leg of her chair broke off. Needless to say our group was on their feet trying to determine if my wife had broken bones or other serious injury. Most of the group looked in time to see her hit the ground.

Now the restaurant staff just ignore this, the owners wife is on duty, sort of walks in, sees this and then disappears. After awhile, I ask one of the wait staff if the manager would come over to see us. She finally appears, expresses surprise that we would be having a problem, reluctantly looks at the broken chair and sort of does a shrug with a bit of a "so what". However she does offer a bag of ice when she sees the blood on my wifes elbow. She "dances" around a bit and offers no apology, one of our party suggests that the restaurant pick up my wifes bill .... that lady was promptly informed that "that is not YOUR decision" and the manager walks away.
A while later the owner cruises in ... looks the situation over, does not offer an apology either to my wife or the lady who was told "this is not your decision".
The bill came and they did not charge my wife for her food, they did however charge me for my food. We are leaving for vacation tomorrow and I have a wife that is very sore from an awful fall when that chair leg broke off.
I suggested to the owner that his outdoor chairs may be beyond their dependable useful life. He seemed certain that these old chairs were "just fine" ! My view is that if one failed .... you better watch out.
I hope my wife is OK ! I feel the owner and his wife especially could use some public relations help and perhaps their Insurance company will encourage that training for them.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
“Great Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Had not been there in a few years was pleasantly surprised appetizers were fabulous dinner was well presented and very good i will be back well worth going to!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cape Coral, FL
“Great Dining Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My friend and I had a wonderful dinner at th Twisted Vine Bistro last night! It is a very trendy, upscale restaurant located in downtown Fort Myers. We had an excellent appetizer of beef tenderloin tips. I had the Gulf Shrimp Mac and Cheese which was awesome and she thoroughly enjoyed her scallop dinner. The food, service and atmosphere were great and we will definitely return!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Myers, Florida
“Rude employee”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Shortly after midnight a group of us approached the restaurant only to be turned away as they were closing - NYE and they were closing??? Business must be really good as many were turned away. The young female was very rude and upnoxious as she turned us away. I can understand the frustrations of working on this evening as I have been their during my college days. However, no employee or owner should ever speak to a person/customer as she did. If she was one of my employees she would be fired. I hadn't had a single drink (DD) and was more intuned to her actions. We went next door to Firestones-great service & fun! The waitress loved that it brought our business to her-she served $100 bucks in a short time and made $50 in tips. The previous owners of Twisted Vine had much more business savy. We will be sure to share this incident with everyone.

Visited January 2013