“An Amazing Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Fort Myers, Florida
“An Amazing Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

A few nights ago my wife and i decided to check out the courtside steakhouse for the first time, we are locals and have heard many good things about the place. Now we know why our server Alex a young man from Argentina was impecable, he recommended the dry aged rib eye special which was to die for.My wife got the grouper which she was very pleased with. Overall great food, great service what more should you want!!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

91% Recommend
Port St Lucie
“FOOD AND ATMOSPHER WAS EXCELLENT!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

There is nothing not to like about this restaurant food was excellent i had a grilled grouper that i enjoyed so much it was absolutely delicious,,, told our family who are goin there next month to definitely go there to enjoy this meal,,,,

Visited October 2013
Augusta, Maine
“Disappointing at best, not good value for the money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I was there as a part of a group of 15 on a Friday night in November. The waiters introduced themselves as Alex and Alex. They were really friendly young guys, and I am sure they were trying their best, but they were not experienced as waiters for a high-end place like this. One of them even spilled water all over one of our group members' shirt and pants, so he had to go back to his hotel room and change his clothes. Another one of our group members and I both ordered King Crab legs, and they specifically asked if we wanted them hot or cold; both of us wanted them hot but they came out cold. The second time they were still cold but I didn't want to send them back again.A manager checked with me and I said they were fine because I didn't want to be the last one eating at our table. Another one of our members had roast chicken and that was also cold so he sent it back but then he said it was delicious. The side dishes were really delicious, especially the scalloped potatoes, sauteed mushrooms and macaroni and cheese. The wine selection was good and so were the desserts. Overall, it was a pretty good restaurant but for the prices they charge, you would expect much more professional service and consistently prepared food. I wonder if the chefs are capable of handling a large group such as ours, and also whether the wait staff is adequately experienced to work in such a high-end restaurant. I have eaten in a lot of places all over the world where I don't flinch at paying more than $30 for an entree but i always expect seamless professional service and entrees to come out at the temperature ordered. It was surprising to have such inconsistencies at a Marriott property. I am a Marriott Gold rewards member and this place was a disappointment overall. Oh, the courtside reference in the name? The restaurant overlooks some seemingly abandoned tennis courts with no nets; there was nobody playing out there and they seem somewhat barren. The view was nothing compared to the place we ate on the previous night which was recommended by the concierge at the Marriott called The Fresh Catch in Fort Meyers. I would definitely recommend that place. Much better value for the dollar and much more professional service.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cape Coral, Florida
“Amazing restaurant!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

While staying at this hotel, we decided to have dinner at this restaurant. The ambiance is very relaxing. We travel often, but we have not had such great service since we came in here. David was our waiter, he was knowledgeable, attentive without being pushy and that is a fantastic trait that wait staff need to learn. When visiting this restaurant, if you have David as your waiter, you wont be disappointed. we ordered blackened grouper with crab stuffing and the dry-aged prime rib. Both entrees were delicious. We were so impressed with the service and the food, that we already booked another vacation here so that we can dine at this restaurant. If you are in the Fort Myers area, this is the restaurant you have to visit for great food and amazing service.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cape Coral, Florida
“excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

we decided to have dinner at the courtside Steakhouse on our last night at the hotel. The restaurant is not located inside the hotel but rather down the road on the property about 3 minutes away.there is a shuttle service to and from the restaurant if you don't want to walk. My wife and I chose to take the shuttle service to the restaurant and walk back after dinner.when we got there we were seated immediately but we did have a reservation. The restaurant was not crowded at all especially for a Saturday night in Fort Myers. the wait staff was very nice and extremely helpful. We started with the lump crab appetizer and it was to die for. I then ordered the she crab soup and it was also delicious. For the main course my wife ordered a cedar plank salmon that was a special about night. I ordered the sea bass. the sides come separate and we ordered the creamy spinach and brussel sprouts.My wife I loved her salmon. my sea bass was cooked perfectly with a almonds and bread crumb topping. I felt the piece of sea bass was a little small for the price. Honestly I have had sea bass in other restaurants and it was just as good for much less money. The interior of the restaurant is very nice but don't expect a great view. The windows over look the tennis courts. Ocean view would have really added to the experience. Overall, it is a really nice restaurant and the food was delicious. My only gripe is that the prices are very high but I guess you are paying for the overall experience. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone staying at the Sanibel Marriott who does not want to leave the property to eat and is willing to spend some money. I would not recommend you bring your children here.

• Visited September 2013