“Best spanakopita EVER!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek
Punta Gorda
“Best spanakopita EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Have eaten here many times as I used to work near-by and would shoot over for an inexpensive, yet healthy and delicious lunch. It's been a while, so stopped in today (no longer work in that area) and had my usual spanakopita and Greek salad and OMG... the spanakopita (spinach pie) was the BEST I've ever tasted! Just melted in my mouth! Salad was o.k., but could use more dressing and onions, but great for my diet! For lunch, the place was packed and I'm glad to see them doing a lot of business so they'll be around for a long, long time. This is a little place tucked into a strip mall next door to Subway. Skip the Subway and try Opa! Friendly service and home-cooked food that is yummy.... what more could you want?!

• Visited February 2013

Peoria, Illinois
“Great surprise a stripmall!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This Lebanese / Greek restaurant we noticed while driving by peeked our interest. On our first visit we ordered the $6.99 special Lamb/beef gyros (homemade pita) with fries for me and Greek salad (with an upcharge) for my wife and refillable drinks. We were very impressed with the quality, quantity, authenticity, and service at OPA. In less than a week we were back with a friend and tried the chicken souvlaki special. They also offer many other Greek and Lebanese specialties, including vegetarian and desert dishes and a variety of drinks. In 3 weeks we've intro'd 3 friends to this restaurant, and all enjoyed their dinners. Place orders at the register and wait for the freshly cooked to be delivered to one's table. Tips are not necessary. We're happy to have found this mediterranean experience.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jacksonville, Florida
“Diamond of a find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I had been craving cuisine from the Mediterranean for a while and found Opa. They offer what you might expect: falafel, hummus, gyros, grape leaves, and baklava. What you might not expect is that everything is made by hand. Also, for service the food is brought out pretty much after you order from the counter and before you sit down, and this with the place packed. My wife ordered the lemon rice to go for her dinner later on. They have a lentil chicken stew with yoghurt that will definitely be on the wish list for next time.

• Visited November 2012
Saint Petersburg, FL
“Not all I'd hoped from previous reviews.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

This is a cute little place, but do not order the felafel sandwich. I've ordered felafel all over the world and this was probably the most disappointing. I'm not sure if it was the pickles, the sauce or the felafel itself, but there was a fishy aftertaste. I tried just eating the felafel separate from the sandwich but the taste remained.
The Greek salad was fresh and quite good.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Fort Myers, Florida
“Very nice for a first time visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

I asked my husband if we could try Opa as I would go into the Subway next door and never gave it a thought. But this time I wanted more than a sandwich. This was lunch and dinner for me. The last time we had tried Greek food we were very disappointed and i wanted to give it a chance. The gentleman who took our order was very nice in explaining some of the menu items. You have the choice to-go or dine in. We dined in. The place was empty since it was after 5 pm. I ordered a gyro w/ fries and my husband the caprese salad. We were very happy w/ our choices. We will come back again to try more of their menu.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere