“Beautiful restaurant & very fresh fish” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“Beautiful restaurant & very fresh fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Went here for the first time last weekend and had an all-around wonderful experience. A lot of thought and work went into the design of this establishment. It simultaneously feels cozy and upscale with beautiful, authentic details and a romantic atmosphere. We tried a variety of sushi, one specialty roll, and a house specialty appetizer: Escargot Nippon. Snails Japanese-style were a first for me and I was absolutely delighted. Sushi is my forte and I try new places all the time. That being said, in my mind this place has jumped to the number one spot for sushi restaurants in the surrounding area! The fish was extremely fresh, the slices were generous, and the roll was creatively executed with well-balanced flavors and textures. Prices were fair. Great sake and martini specials. We sat at the sushi bar.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“Serendipitous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I am hard to please when it comes to sushi and I LOVED the quality and service at Daruma. The presentation was ok, not great but the freshness and flavor of everything was amazing. I started with thee nipon escargot which was prepared in a way I've never experienced and it was wonderful. I also had a sexy roll that by appearance was overloaded but had balanced taste flavor that didn't overpower the fish. I also had assorted sushi pieces that were simply excellent. This is definitely my new, favorite sushi restaurant :-)

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Myers, Florida
“Way too expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Went with a group. Food was tasty, but skimpy. And very very expensive for what you get We probably wouldn't go back.

Visited August 2012
Fort Myers, Florida
“This is a WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

My wife and I stopped in while at the Bell Tower shops. And wow were we delighted. The atmosphere, service and food were top-notch! We would highly recommend this to anyone looking for an Asian food treat.

Visited March 2012
“Ok but but over priced.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

We went as a group of four. The service was very good. The food was ok but not worth average of $25 a plate. First hibachi restaurant I've been to that you had to pay extra for fried rice. Don't think we will be back any time soon.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere