“Very Authentic cuisine” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
new jersey
“Very Authentic cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Met friends here for an afternoon bite. We ordered a bunch of tacos and burritos. They were awesome to say the least. We went with chicken and beef. Both were outstanding. Very nice staff too. Will be back for sure.

Fort Myers, Florida
“I'd Rather Spend More Money and Get Better Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband wanted to try this place, so I decided to give it a whirl since it was closer to us than our usual Mexican restaurant.
We ordered takeout and my husband picked up the food on the way home from work. He had some tacos and I asked a bean burrito with a side of rice and beans. He ended up ordering me two bean burritos since he wasn't sure which type I would like. One had just refried beans and cheese and the other had a spicy rice mixed in with the beans. Both were OK but neither made me start planning my next visit to this restaurant. I thought they were a little dry, so IF we tried Taco Viva again, I would ask for Queso or Salsa as a topping. The side of rice and beans was so small (granted, it costs 99 cents) and not good; I gave it to my husband to eat. I also found some shredded chicken in the burrito that had the rice and then I gave them to my husband, as well.
He seemed ok with his meal. So if you're looking for some cheap, average Mexican food to fill up on, this is a good place to choose over Taco Bell. But it is below Iguana Mias and way below Jalopenos.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Ivins, Utah
“WONDERFUL FOOD in a small place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We had a coupon so we set out as out of staters to the eatery. We were warmly welcomed there and placed our order. When the food came we were very happy as it was wonderful Latin fare! The food was terrific! I had the Mole' It had wonderful flavor and My husband had enchaladas which were also very good. As I write this review at home in my house in Utah I wish we loved closer as I'd go there right now for an encore. GREAT FOOD FOLKS! One word about this place, YUMM!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami, Florida, United States
“Good inexpensive Mexican food in San Carlos, not fancy at all.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Tacos are good and can be had with soft flour, soft corn or crispy tortillas. Burritos are also an amazing value at $2/ ea. Ceviche is surprisingly good, as are the Gyros. ... Yes, Gyros! You can get the spicy Greek lamb in a burrito or taco, too.

Guacamole is good and go for the jalapeños and carrots with your meal. They make it!

Have some horchata to make it a full Mexican experience in a very unlikely location.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Estero, FL
“Don't Pass up this Take-Out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

The old Dairy Queen was converted to Taco Viva and they have some good Tex-Mex to go. They do have some tables but choose to take home. The number 2 special is great for 2 people with 3 tacos and 2 burritos along with a choice of chips and cheese or beans and rice. They also have some greek selections as well. Quite the interesting menu. Have not really had anything that I would not try again.
Service is usually good except when they have a little more business than they can handle. Then it gets a little testy. That's ok, I still stop by for some tasty treats.

• Visited September 2011