“Ok, But!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Austrian-German Restaurant

Austrian-German Restaurant
1400 Colonial Boulevard, The Restaurant Is in the Courtyard of Royal Palm Square, Fort Myers, FL 33907
+1 239-936-8118
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 641 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: German, Austrian
Good for: Special occasions, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Description: Helga and Helmut (chef) has been indulging their guests since 30 years. Helga also owns a restaurant in Vienna. Their main goals are: make guests feel at home, let them enjoy fine food and make them having a good time. Therefore there's Inside and Outside seating available.Since 2008, we serve original Austrian and German dishes. Plus a selection of regional specialties.We are located inside the Royal Palm Square.
Cape Coral FL
“Ok, But!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Dined last night 2/9/13. A Sat., big mistake? Crowded but with 6:30 reservation, seated in about :10. Owners and Staff are cordial and our server Chris was super! The problem with this establishment is they are severely understaffed for the tables? Chris mentioned they were serving 120 tables this nite with only 2 waiters!!! As you can imagine service was woofully slow! Drinks took :15 mins, not bad, bread another :15, salads another :30, and our entrees showed up 1:30 after we were seated!!! Food is good, portions large, but be careful with late seating as they run out of some things? No red cabbage for the 6:30 seatings!!! Too bad the Owners aren't astute enough to hire a couple of HS kids to bus the tables rather than the servers. The place has all the possibilities of a really good spot.......hire some help!!!!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bonita Springs, Florida
“Must go.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We went there with a large group, who all had been before and talked great things about it. Our server Chris was great! he was funny yet professional and us all laughing and having fun. He talked us into the potato pancakes which were amazing. we started with the meat dumping soup which is like a big meatball and was delicious. Our friends and I all ordered different things and shared and everything we tried was amazing. After our meal we were stuffed but Chris got us to take a strudel home and said it would go great with coffee in the morning. I am writing this review as I eat my strudel, let me tell you... GET THE STUDEL. Food was some of the best we had and we will be going back soon, thats for sure.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cape Coral, Florida
“Good authentic food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

let me first state that I am NOT a professional food critic. But my boyfriend really likes beef stroganoff, and I have never seen him get so excited over this dish!! they obviously used a filet mignon as the meat. It really did melt in our mouths. absolutely exceptional. Also, as an appetizer we decided to order the potato pancakes, another good choice. in fact I could have just ordered them and had soup and been satisfied! Will remember that next time for lunch. I had ordered the traditional Wienerschnitzel. And although it was done perfectly I should have ordered gravy with it. Our cabbage soup was divine. My grandmother side is German, so some of these dishes I grew up with. Mom actually still makes this soup every couple of weeks.
We decided to go on a Monday evening without a reservation. Should have made the reservation!! Place was packed, so they stuck us in a small table for 2 right next to where you can watch them actually do the cooking. I did not care for it but my boyfriend enjoyed it a lot, and since I was treating him as a present, it was okay. so if you want authentic German Austrian food go here. Be sure to remember that the place is in the middle of the mall, we didn't realize that that was the case. You cannot see it from the front street!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
venice, fl
“Awesome Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This Restaurant is a great place for authentic German food. I come from a German background, and rarely do I find a place that makes the real deal. I recommend everything on the menu, but the Jägerschnitzel is my favorite.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brantford, Canada
“What a Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Great variety on menu, atmosphere was good, the quantity of food - wow - so glad we finally found this place

• Visited December 2012