“Must go.” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 673 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Austrian, German
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Helga (owner and chef) has been indulging her guests since 30 years. She also owns a restaurant in Vienna. Her main goals are: make her guests feel at home, let them enjoy fine food and make them having a good time.Therefor there’s Inside and Outside seating available.Since 2008, we serve original Austrian and German dishes. Plus a selection of regional specialties.We are located inside the Royal Palm Square.
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Must go.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We went there with a large group, who all had been before and talked great things about it. Our server Chris was great! he was funny yet professional and us all laughing and having fun. He talked us into the potato pancakes which were amazing. we started with the meat dumping soup which is like a big meatball and was delicious. Our friends and I all ordered different things and shared and everything we tried was amazing. After our meal we were stuffed but Chris got us to take a strudel home and said it would go great with coffee in the morning. I am writing this review as I eat my strudel, let me tell you... GET THE STUDEL. Food was some of the best we had and we will be going back soon, thats for sure.

• Visited February 2013

“Good authentic food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

let me first state that I am NOT a professional food critic. But my boyfriend really likes beef stroganoff, and I have never seen him get so excited over this dish!! they obviously used a filet mignon as the meat. It really did melt in our mouths. absolutely exceptional. Also, as an appetizer we decided to order the potato pancakes, another good choice. in fact I could have just ordered them and had soup and been satisfied! Will remember that next time for lunch. I had ordered the traditional Wienerschnitzel. And although it was done perfectly I should have ordered gravy with it. Our cabbage soup was divine. My grandmother side is German, so some of these dishes I grew up with. Mom actually still makes this soup every couple of weeks.
We decided to go on a Monday evening without a reservation. Should have made the reservation!! Place was packed, so they stuck us in a small table for 2 right next to where you can watch them actually do the cooking. I did not care for it but my boyfriend enjoyed it a lot, and since I was treating him as a present, it was okay. so if you want authentic German Austrian food go here. Be sure to remember that the place is in the middle of the mall, we didn't realize that that was the case. You cannot see it from the front street!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
venice, fl
“Awesome Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This Restaurant is a great place for authentic German food. I come from a German background, and rarely do I find a place that makes the real deal. I recommend everything on the menu, but the Jägerschnitzel is my favorite.

• Visited January 2013
Brantford, Canada
“What a Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Great variety on menu, atmosphere was good, the quantity of food - wow - so glad we finally found this place

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“One of my favorites in Ft. Myers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

When my sister and brother-in-law said they'd been wanting to try this restaurant because they'd heard so many good things about it, I was a bit skeptical but game. So last night we went. What a wonderful surprise! Delicious, beautifully presented food; delightful ambiance -- we ate outside in pleasant, breezy twilight with the restaurant's fairy lights and water in the background -- the nicest waiter who was attentive and knowledgeable -- and topped off with a lovely Reisling that we all enjoyed. I would definitely go back. The Austrian-German Restaurant is as good as any of the better restaurants in Houston (where I live) or many of the other cities I've visited, including New York, Chicago, and San Francisco. Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2013