“Healthy & Affordable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fresh Planet

Fresh Planet
9902 Gulf Coast Main Street, Suite D-140, Gulf coast Town Center, Fort Myers, FL 33913
239.267.4440
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #171 of 673 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Californian
Description: Just opened. Serves salads, rice bowls, smoothies and pitas. Chain is based in Ohio. Visited last week.
Fort Myers, Florida
“Healthy & Affordable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

My boy friend and I went to Fresh Planet today after reading the review about it in the News Press. We decoded to try a few items recommended in the article. The Vegetarian Black Bean rice bowl (4.95) was very tasty and a good portion that allowed room to order a smoothie on our way out. Compared to other smoothies, I would rate it very high, as I was told it had nothing artificial and it was made with whole frozen fruit. I ordered one of their basic strawberry, Banana, and frozen yogurt (Creamy Classic) smoothies, and it was very tasty. I had a bite of my bf's Greek Pita, it was toasted and all the cheese was melted and the chicken was tender. It was nice to have an non-greasy choices that were delivered quick and fresh tasting. There's not a lot of places like this around Fort Myers so we are glad fresh planet is here!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“First Visit Earns Average Rating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

With eager anticipation, I visited this brand new restaurant for weekday lunch. It took a bit of driving around Gulf Coast Town Center to locate the spot, but the trademark marquee helped. Order is placed at the counter, then picked up and taken to dining area. Breakfast-lunch-dinner specialties include soup, stuffed pitas, salads, rice bowls (2 sizes), smoothies, oatmeal and dessert smoothies too, squeezed juices and swirls (juice blends). I ordered the sesame ginger large rice bowl ($7.95), a mix of chicken and vegetable pieces including broccoli, peapods and red peppers over walnut-raisin brown rice in a sweet sesame ginger sauce. The rice bowl was very similar in flavor and texture to a "Healthy Choice" microwave meal. The "Sun Kiss" swirl ($4.50) was my beverage choice and is a blend of carrot, apple and orange juices with fresh ginger. I would have preferred the drink to be colder and frothier, with a little more pulp; it was thin and warm and I didn't finish it. The concept is a mall alternative to the fast food chains. However, I did not get the fresh taste I expected for the price paid and can only grant an average rating.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere