“unique & classy” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Zoos & Aquariums
Cape Coral, Florida
“unique & classy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

A relaxing and unusual place to visit. Employees are knowledgeable and share information about the butterflies. Luncheon is very good. I'm a member and visit the estates frequently. Last year I had my grandson's high school graduation party there and it was a big hit with all the attendees.

Visited February 2012

north port,fl
17 attraction reviews
“Great Afternoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I bought a Groupon deal for a family membership to the Butterfly Estates. My oldest grandson & I made up a story about a butterfly garden, so I thought this would be perfect place to go. I didn't know what to expect as it is in the center of Ft. Myers downtown area. My husband & I met my son, his wife & my two grandsons after they were finished hockey in Ft. Myers. We had lunch @ Flutterby's cafe, which was very good. They make a pizza shaped as a butterfly which the kids enjoyed. They also have an ice cream parlor, & gift shop, plus of course, the conservatory. The butterflies were amazing! The young woman who worked there was wonderful explaining all the different butterflies & stages. They even let my grandson release a butterfly that was ready. He was thrilled! They also gave him a branch with an empty chrysalis on it & a dried Monarch butterfly. The gardens are pretty too. My suggestion is to call before going as they have special activities that are not listed on the website, i.e. afternoon tea once a month, breakfast once a month, reading a story with children certain days, etc..

Visited July 2012
Fort Myers, Florida
16 attraction reviews
“Serendipity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Look the word up if you need to. This is an unexpected find...no, let's make that a treasure. Tucked away on a side street near downtown is this delightful world. It's not just a butterfly conservatory but also a neat gift shop and especially a first class eating spot. We bought an annual membership and have enjoyed the place several times.

Visited February 2012
Cape Coral, Florida
“Mothers Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

It was a perfect day!! It's absolutely beautiful and breath-taking experience.
The owners and entire staff were great.
Brunch was delicious...desserts were sinfully good.
Truly enjoyed it!!

Visited May 2012
Fort Myers, Florida
“Restaurant, Gifts, Butterflies, OH MY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

What a great place to spend some time whether you are old, young, a group; you can do lunch, check out the beauty of the place, sit among the butterflies, or just to go for some ice cream and fudge! I try to get here at least once a week!

Visited June 2012