“Nice change from the usual” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #292 of 646 restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Fort Myers, Florida
“Nice change from the usual”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Was here today for lunch for the first time. Had a very nice lunch, and a excellent server, who recommended several items, which one of those I chose, and was happy I did. Will be coming back soon.

Visited June 2013

66% Recommend
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Get Your Pho On!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

It seems more and more people are appreciating the unique qualities of Vietnamese food these days. And I only see the trend growing and continuing. I for one am glad to see the trend as I consider myself somewhat of a Southeast Asian food aficionado. As such I tend to be critical of these types of ethnic restaurants located in parts of a town or city where you wouldn't necessarily expect them to be. But I happened upon the Saigon Paris Bistro after looking for a Vietnamese restaurant close to where I lived in Fort Myers. Previously I had been going all the way to Pho Vihn in Cape Coral. Saigon Paris Bistro fit the bill. It's also across the street from the Bell Tower Shops and cinema complex, so the location is pretty ideal.

I have not tried anything on the extensive menu except the Pho, so I can only comment on that. In two words -- "very satisfying". As all Pho lovers know, the secret to a great bowl of this traditional Vietnamese comfort food is in the broth. The beef or chicken stock should be richly aromatic with a robust flavor like it's been simmering in beef, chicken, and spices all day. The dish should be served quickly so the rice noodles don't become soggy. On all counts this restaurant hits the mark. The quality of other dishes in a restaurant like this can usually be pre-determined by how well they prepare their more simpler dishes (like Pho). I am anxious to try some of the other menu fare.

The restaurant also has a nice ambient atmosphere with plenty of seating and a room for private groups. There's also a bar and outside dining area. Close your eyes while listening to the background Vietnamese music and you'll think you've been transported 3,000 miles away to Vietnam. Management has taken full advantage of it's location by offering something exotic and a change of pace from the standard Italian, steak, and fast foods restaurants that surround it, Tends to get busiest after 5pm during the dinner hours, and also during the lunch hour as it gets many of the surrounding business employees looking to grab a quick bowl of Pho.
Wait staff are friendly and attentive as is management staff.

For something different and perhaps more exotic than the food you normally eat, I definitely suggest you try this restaurant. I think you will be pleasantly surprised!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Florida
“Best Pho in southwest Florida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I eat here often. The food and service are great. I have not had anything bad. Recently I went for breakfast and I was happy with how well done it was. The crepes are yummy as well as the crab eggs benedict. I bring friends to introduce them to Vietnamese cooking as often as I can. The food may not be delivered as quickly as a chain, but it is fresh and I would rather have the quality.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Myers, Florida
“Excellent food and value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Food is Always excellent The owner chef could use a little hand in the Kitchen. The slow service is not the fault of the server but rather the kitchen they do make up for it however with the quality of the food excellent!!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Winchester
“A Mother's Day nightmare!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My family brought me here for Mother's Day breakfast...then spent the day apologizing! Upon arrival we were ignored while the "hostess" talked on the phone. We were then told to "take your children and seat yourselves in a booth." It took 15 mins just to order drinks, tea and apple juice, and they needed to check rather or not they had that. After 1 1/2 hours are food, pancakes and French toast, arrived. It was mediocre at best. That butter and jams are served McDonald's style is a joke for what you pay. At one point I inquired about our wait, there was only one other table upon our arrival, and was told that the cook would be mad if they asked him! This was our FIRST and LAST visit. Don't waste the money when you can get better food and service in a friendlier atmosphere at your local IHOP.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere