“Still as Good.” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Eclectic Farm to Table restaurant in South Fort Myers. Beautifully appointed, exceptional wine list, weekly changing menu to accommodate the freshest local ingredients. Local chef owned/driven restaurant, professional mature staff and cozy, warm atmosphere.
Broadway, United Kingdom
“Still as Good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is the fourth time we have visited this delightful establishment the previous three were over twelve months ago so I wanted to see if the standard was still as high and I must say that not only was the food still of a very high standard, the server who is French is an improvement on last year purely because he gives that extra ambience which somehow adds to the authenticity of the place.

The starter of Sweetbreads were delicious and the duck entree is served with a pomegranate sauce which is a very nice variation to the usual orange. My other guests had the Veal escalope and the Bouillabaisse which my guest said was exceptional, the best he had ever had. The French are known for their desserts and I would recommend you save some room for one.

I suppose the thing I like most about this restaurant is that they haven't tried to americanize the way they do things, this may not suit some, but if you want to know what French cuisine is like without visiting France this is certainly the pace to go.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank n313dt

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exactly what we expected...perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

We were greeted at the door by Cindy, our server, as if we were a guest in her home. Both she and one of the owners, Mari, made us feel like we were meeting new good friends. My husband and I shared the escargot appetizer, I had the veal/lobster Oscar from the specials menu and Bob had the lamb chops from the regular menu. All were excellent. The service was timely and the wine list was well chosen. We enjoyed a bottle of Murphy-Goode '07.... A very hard year to find. We both shared the French Sundae and left with big smiles. We will definitely go back.

1 Thank Cathy B
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“Nice little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Small restaurant hidden in a strip mall, serves very good French food. Attentive, knowledgeable wait staff.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Fort Myers, Florida
“Dinner at Blue Windows made my birthday memorable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I went to Blue Windows with some friends to celebrate my birthday last night, and it was one of the most enjoyable dinners I've had in years. We went early to take advantage of the twilight special, and everything--escargot, triggerfish, dessert--was delicious. Portions were exactly the right size, generous but not overwhelming. Service was excellent with frequent checks to make sure we had everything we needed but never intrusive. We were also pleased that there was an unusually broad list of wines by the glass.

Next time we'll explore the more expensive regular menu and the specials.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank SGM135
Estero, Florida
“Delicious Rabbit and bouillabaisse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I went to Blue Windows last night and had the best time. Sweet breads, escargot and spicy merguez sausage and we shared bouillabaisse and rabbit. The sauces are what makes everything so delicious.

• Visited February 2013