“freshly made home cooking” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“freshly made home cooking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Hard to find in a strip mall at the corner of McGregor and College Parkway. Good local spot. I was there for dinner and had the 1/2 chicken. Lots of food, friendly service. sells beer and wine only

Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“Well prepared, well priced comfort food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

This is a tucked away, simple, little restaurant where everything is freshly made. The locals know about it but I want to tip off visitors to check it out too. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner in a strip mall at McGregor Blvd. just south of College Pkwy. Today I had a lunch of Shrimp and Grits and it was delish! Northerners check out a Southern specialty or fall back on typical comfort food favorites and everything is made from scratch, even the potato chips. Prices are very reasonable. All booths and tables were full when we arrived but they turned over well as service was prompt. Beer, wine and bloody Mary's and mimosas to go with brunch items available.

Andover, Massachusetts
“Awesome breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Crave is located in a strip mall on McGregor avenue in Fort Myers. They have really good breakfast, and I think I had the best corned beef hash and eggs in my life there. They also have really tasty pancakes and omelettes. We ate there twice while visiting the Fort Myers area. Service was great, and the food is very nicely prepared and presented. The place is not huge, but they have good sizes tables and can accomodate larger groups and families, etc. The only thing I did not care for is the coffee which is rather weak. The fresh orange juice was extremely good.

Visited December 2013
North Fort Myers, Florida
“Great comfort food, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We dined at Crave for the first time this evening with another couple. It is a small space in a strip mall with about 5 booths on each side and three high-top style tables in the center. The place filled up during the evening but it appeared as though the center tables were not usually used - as patrons waited for booths to be free rather than sit there. The server was personable and very energetic. He explained the evening specials and handled almost all the tables single handedly. My wife and I opted to start with the split pea soup special as an appetizer. I chose the meatloaf entree and she chose the Iceberg wedge salad with salmon. The other couple chose the spinach salad with chicken for her and the grilled chicken sandwich for him. The portions were more than generous. For $3 we expected the soup servings to be small cups but they were served in large bowls and were excellent. My wife loved the salad and was only able to finish half. My meatloaf was great and served with mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans. The other couple loved their dishes. He said it was the best chicken sandwich he had had in a long time. Although the dessert choices were very tempting, we were all so full we could not indulge.

We were very pleasantly surprised and highly recommend Crave for generous serving of great comfort food. The also serve wine and beer.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Troy, Michigan
“Good breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Had read good reviews for CRaVE so decided to give it a try. Went on a Sunday morning around 11AM. They told us it would be about a 20 minute wait, which ended up being 40 minutes (it's VERY small).

My girlfriend and I both ordered egg dishes. I got an omelet with lots of meat…can't remember the name but it will stand out on the menu as having a lot of meat. It was one of the fullest omelets I've ever had and good. She had the Cravedilla, which is a Quesadilla with egg. Again, good, just not spectacular. We did see people getting French Toast, which looked VERY good (I'd go back just to try it).

One recommendation…if you are in a small party, let the hostess know you're willing to sit at a "community table". It's a very small restaurant and they have a few big tables, and will periodically walk outside to see if anyone wants to come in and sit together. We didn't understand what she was saying and would have saved ourselves 15 minutes.

• Visited December 2013