“Steak for the Masses, but Quality Experience.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Boston, Massachusetts
“Steak for the Masses, but Quality Experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I ate here alone on a recent visit to Fort Myers. I'm not typically attracted to chain steakhouses, but I've driven past LongHorn so many times that I decided I had to try it. After checking in on TripAdvisor to make sure I wasn't throwing my money away and reading generally positive reviews, I headed over. The menu is broad and offers a wide variety steaks served a wide variety of ways as well as a number of seafood and other dishes. There's not a lot of uniqueness to the menu and it no doubt has a chain-like feel to it, but everyone can certainly find something they like. The only mild disappointment was the lack of interesting beer selections.

I ordered a sirloin, baked potato and asparagus -- pretty basic. The service was good, not outstanding as there was a huge table next to mine that seemed to require an inordinate amount of attention. The food was delivered nice and hot and my steak was cooked nicely charred, medium rare, just as ordered. It was flavorful, as were the potato and vegetable. So all in all a good, solid meal, and I was pleasantly surprised. LongHorn aims to please and appears to mostly hit the target.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
Aventura, Florida
“good food, but too long”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

the food is very good, portions small and the wait time for food was extremely long.
My daughter ordered a dessert and had to esoerar nearly 20 minutes to bring it

Visited January 2013
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
“One of our favorite places”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

LongHorn is one of our favorite places to eat. We would go more often if it was closer. Our steaks are always done to perfection, the bread is yummy. Our service has always been good.

Visited November 2012
Saint Pete Beach, Florida
“Gives "Aged" Steak a Whole New Meaning”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We ate at LongHorn because we like it better than Outback. . . . . usually. We were seated in the bar area - normally not a big deal, however, the bartender was also our waiter, so his attention wasn't dedicated to anything. I ordered a Prime Rib - when it was brought out, it had a pink 'crust' like it had been left out or under a heat lamp for a looooong time. It was room temperature. The Au Jus was cold. My husband ordered the T-Bone which was very thin and though it had a bone, it was not a "T". Had this been our first visit to a LongHorn, we would not be returning. This was lack luster, borderline food and marginal service.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bristol.UK
“No issues”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

As always a good meal, we had a trainee server who was very good...our firecracker shrimp hit the spot and our steaks were as we like them..as usual a good longhorn experience

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere