“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 61 Hotels in Fort Myers
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

OK, so coming to Florida from Minnesota in February is wonderful in and of itself....but this hotel certainly added to the wonderfulness that is 70 degree weather!!! Great rooms- our room had a very nice L-shaped couch, along with a desk, refrigerator, and a half wall to give the bed some privacy. I'm not sure if all rooms are set up this way, but it was ideal to watch TV and have a few drinks before climbing into the wonderful bed.

The hotel offers a great (and filling) continental breakfast. My personal favorite was the egg, cheese, spinach and mushroom on top of a croissant. What a way to start the day!! There was also waffles, breakfast sanwiches, oatmeal, fruit, yougurt, granola, cereal and breads/bagels to choose from. Along with hot tea, coffee, juice and milk.

After the hubby went off to work, I was left to explore. There is not a whole lot within walking distance of the hotel- but there are the Forum Shops (including a Buffalo Wild Wings) just a little bit down the road. There is a 7-11 within walking distance if needed. I did find a nice loop to run, little traffic and pretty secluded. Then came the pool! It was great! Clean, relaxing and the ideal temperature for a dip. Shower in the room is small, with a nice large shower head with good pressure (something my husband would pay top dollar for at a hotel!).

We did drive south a bit (one exit on I-75) and found plenty of places to eat. Lots of fast food and quite a few sit down restaurants as well. We chose Bonefish, and it was about a 10-15 minute drive- totally worth it. http://www.bonefishgrill.com/Locator/details/ft-myers-florida

The day of checkout, I was able to secure a late checkout and stay in the room until 1:00pm. Since the hubby was working, I wasn't sure what to do after that. I was invited to hang out in the lobby, or on the patio (DONE!!) until he was finished with his day and able to pick me up. Front desk staff is very nice, helpful, and efficient.

All in all, I would totally suggest staying here. It's a very quiet area as, just off of I-75 (about 15 minutes from the airport) and a beautiful property. Well done Hyatt!!

Room Tip: We did not stay on the I-75 side, but you may want to ask if it is louder on that side of the hotel...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
John L, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for such a great review! We are very proud of our property and are happy that it shows.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Dear husband has taken up woodcarving so we decided to attend a show in Ft Myers. It's about two hours from St Pete so we made it a mini-mini vacation. I found Hyatt Place and made reservations two months in advance. Two weeks before our arrival,two weeks before checked the price and it had dropped. Called the hotel directly and they were great at reducing it. Already I liked this place. The hotel decor is modern Asian, with a partial screen separating the sitting area from the sleeping area. This is very comfortable for two people, with a lounging couch, big desk, wet bar, fridge and 42inch TV on a swivel. This allows viewing from couch or bed. Nice touch with a silver ice bucket. Plug and play allows you to hook up a game console. The closet was tiny. But the shower - shower only no tub - was awesome. Not much storage space yet a lot of cubby spaces. They are committed to your comfort, even providing a throw for the couch and a big ottoman/coffee table. The bed was extremely comfortable. The heat/ac quieter than most hotels. Even though the hotel sits right next to the highway, you don't hear traffic noise. The hotel was sold out but we couldn't tell. It was peaceful and quiet. The food is limited. Healthy and good but expensive. Two drinks, two bowls of soup and one hamburger was forty dollars. Mushroom soup with brie is awesome though.

For efficiency, the front desk staff also mans the bar, food service, grab and go as well as coffee service. The staff was very helpful. I would suggest a menu in the room as well as a hotel directory. An area guide would be helpful too especially for dining out.
Great for a day or two, especially if you are driving down to Miami.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
John L, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Pat W thank you for such a great review! We are so glad that woodcarving and your trip to Miami brought you to us! I hope that he continues to enjoy his hobby and that you will come back to Fort Myers for a longer visit next time...maybe you could visit the Edison-Ford Winter Estates, take in a play at Broadway Palm, go shopping, or just relax!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is an excellent choice in the Fort Myers area. Professional staff, extremely helpful, and they provide first class service. The hotel itself is beautiful and a bargain! We were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
John L, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for your kind word and great rating! Hope that you return soon!
Lake Wales, Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I am a loyal card member from another family of hotels. The Hyatt Forum/Ft. Myers was a great hotel for a three night get away weekend designed around seeing the Broadway Touring presentation of Mary Poppins. The facility was very neat and clean. The King room was great with a small break wall to separate the sleeping and sitting areas. The location was convenient to many different areas of Lee County. Our journeys involved the Florida Gulf Coast University and Miromar(sp) shopping areas, and the Mann Performing Arts Hall at Edison State College. All were reasonable drives.If the beach is the purpose of your visit you would want something located in those areas.

I want to share on issue in order to highlight the hotel staff handled the situation. Having worked in resorts at Walt Disney World I can assure you that there are no perfect hotels. The hotel received complaints about a loud group. They warned the group, when the problem continued they then had them removed from the property compliments of Lee County's finest. I have done this MANY times at WDW. Unfortunately, one of the group placed liquor bottles behind my car tires which I ran over when I backed out the following morning.

It was clear to me, that the staff was disappointed that this group negatively impacted our guest experience and sought guest recovery measures like all caring teams do. I comment this Hyatt for developing a culture of guest service that is evident even among their night and weekend staff. I will visit with them again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear USHistoryTeacher, thank you so much for such a positive review for a stay that occurred during what was a challenging evening for us. Your assessment of our disappointment due to the impact that this function had on our valued guests is absolutely correct. I do look forward to your return visit, if you think of it, please contact me or a member of management to make your reservation. Thank you!
Bel Air, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Hyatt Place at the Forum was a very nice facility. Everything that you would expect from a Hyatt brand - very comfortable, clean, modern facility. Complimentary morning breakfast was very good and complete. Excellent fitness facilities. Free WiFi was FAST. Hotel room itself was spacious and comfortable - great bed and pillows. The front desk staff (known as "gallery hosts") were very pleasant and helpful.

The outdoor pool was clean but otherwise nothing special about the pool area and it didn't seem to be heated. Unfortunately loud traffic noise from I-75 while sitting at the pool. The only other drawback of this hotel is the location. There's nothing but a 7-11 within walking distance - need to drive several miles to find a restaurant, shopping etc. The hotel is very isolated.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and for a very positive review. We do hope that you will visit us again and we can share some restaurant, shopping ideas located within our office park. Hope to see you soon!
OnondagaHill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We have stayed here before and love this Hyatt Place so very much. We had a 2-night reservation this weekend and were gladly honored our favorite room. Well soon after check-in my idea of a quiet night's sleep soured very quickly. The group in the room next to us on the 3rd floor had about a dozen young children (if not more than a dozen) screaming and running up and down the hallway and this went on for over an hour. The timeframe was 5-7pm. They were taking pictures and laughing like no one else was possibly staying on the same floor. I couldn't believe the rudeness of these people. The little kids on 3 occasions thought our hotel door was their door and tried to get in. I asked them to please quiet down but that was useless. I believe they were going to a wedding. We left to go out to dinner and an evening out on the town. Once they returned at night it was like the loudest party with banging and loud voices...door slamming, etc. I was pissed. I called the front desk and complained. It then took me another 2 hours to fall back asleep, now 2:15am. I prayed that Sunday evening they would be gone or I would have to be moved to another floor. This was unfortunate as this hotel is always quiet and peaceful. I cannot say enough good about this hotel otherwise......nice pool area, clerks always nice, room very clean, and shower and bedding just fabulous!!! Oh, and you can control the air conditioning thermostat which is heaven for me!!!! We will be back as soon as we can!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so glad that you love our hotel, but are truly disappointed that your most recent stay was negatively impacted by the room adjacent to yours. Thankfully you know that we do not tolerate this and this is not normal at our property. Please contact me or another member of management on your return visit so that we can ensure that your stay is perfect. Thank you!
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed at this hotel due to a funeral in Florida. When we checked in, it was so smooth. Coy was working front desk. He expressed his sorrows towards us about the reason for staying. It made us feel at home. Our room was very clean and big. When we returned to our room later, there was an envolope with a hand written card and to free drink coupons for their lounge from Coy himself. Very thoughtful!!! Workout room very very nice as well. Will definitely stay here again. Coy should be there manager there!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words and for making us aware of the excellent service that you recieved from Coy! He is a wonderful new addition to our team and embodies hospitality. Hope that you return to visit us again!

Been to Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum? Share your experiences!