“Five Wedding Bells!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 61 Hotels in Fort Myers
Newark, Delaware
“Five Wedding Bells!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

We recently stayed at the Hyatt Place to attend our friends wedding in Ft. Myers on 11/11/11. The bride was able to obtain a block of rooms at an excellent rate. We had several people stay there and we all enjoyed our time there. The weather was beautiful, so we enjoyed the outdoor pool -- one day was a little cooler -- so they turned on the heater in the pool. Everyone who worked at the hotel was pleasant, smiled and were very accommodating. The free continental breakfast was set up nicely with cereal, bagels, toast, fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, fruit juices and coffee/tea/milk. If you wanted something extra, they had a nice menu for breakfast, lunch and dinnner/snacks either at a kiosk or at the nicely equipped bar. The rooms were very comfortable with flat screen TV, walk in shower, sitting area with large sleeper sofa, and comfortable king size bed. They also have a nicely equipped fitness center. We were having a girls night out and wanted a limo service for our drive to Cape Coral - about a 40 minute drive. I spoke with one of the hotel employees at the front desk at the time and she was so accommodating and hooked us right up with a taxi agency that we were so happy with -- Donald our driver was the best. This is a great place to stay if you are not near Ft. Myers Beach -- which I believe is a 20 minute drive away. However, if you have a car, and want to drive back and forth to the different beaches, I would stay here as an anchor hotel. It is well worth the money and the service and employees are great.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Lancaster, PA, & Lake George NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011 via mobile

Hotwire sent me to this hotel...it was fantastic. Big rooms, clean, quiet, new...and a superb rate. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2011
Rockland County, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

This was the second time I was in a Hyatt Place; the first time was in Tampa. The room/suite was exactly the same: two extremely comfortable queen beds on one side of a partial divider; a large Phillips flat screen TV that tilted to both sides of the room, and a desk and comfortable couch on the other side. The room was clean as was the bathroom. A continental breakfast is included; nothing special but certainly adequate if you don't mind a lot of carbs. You can buy breakfast as well; on our last morning I bought the cheddar omelet and my husband bought the breakfast burrito - both were good.

The staff is very pleasant and responsive. We had a very strange situation when we came back to the hotel after a day at the beach. The room had been cleaned, but the toilet was clogged. Upon further inspection, it appeared that the cleaner must have dropped a washcloth into the toilet and left it there. We called for service and immediately someone was sent to our room to correct the situation. (I don't think she was all that happy about it, but she did what she had to do.)

We did not use the pool or exercise room, so I can't comment on those. The hotel is kind of in the middle of nowhere (the street was not even on our one year old Garmin GPS!) but it was a reasonable place to stay to get to the beaches which are about 40 minutes away.

Good value.

Room Tip: We had a room on the fourth floor that faced the front; it seemed quiet enough. The hallways are L...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

I come to Ft. Myers 3-4 times per month and this place is the best. I always get in to Ft. Myers early and the staff are always accommodating to me. Great rooms, great staff, great service.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Livermore, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed at this hotel to attend a wedding. It was quite a pleasant surprise! The suite has 2 queen beds and a huge couch with pull out bed. The location is in a new development but it's quiet. It has shuttle that will take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius. There is also continental breakfast included.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Beds offer a good restful nights sleep. Maybe a 10 to 15 minute ride to the Fort Myers beach. Staff are pleasant. Have stayed here a couple of times, and gladly would stay again. But you do have to drive to eat anywhere.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

I started using this hotel for business travel back in July. I have never been disappointed, only pleasantly surprised. The rooms are cleverly laid out, giving the impression of more space while separating the sleeping area from the living area. In addition to free wi-fi they all have refridgerators which help me keep my costs down on a limited travel budget. Mostly, it's about the staff who have repeatedly gone well out of their way to accomodate me during such "emergencies" as when my credit card was compromised the day before my trip, no-notice arrivals when the hotel was full (they upgraded my room at no extra cost) and Rhonda Skipper, who brokered a deal to ensure I always received corporate rates despite the fact that my company was not a "participating" partner.

I will continue to use this hotel for all my business needs in the Fort Myers area and I'll expect the same excellent service I've benefitted from for the previous 3 months. Great facility; great people!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum? Share your experiences!