“Free Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 60 Hotels in Fort Myers
Westfield, New Jersey
“Free Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

This hotel is very close to the airport, the rooms are big, new and clean. My only comment is when they checked me in they sold me a cooked to order hot breakfast upgrade. In the morning when I ordered my cooked to order breakfast the waitress walked over to the free buffet table and scooped everything I ordered from the buffet onto my plate. The food was second rate and a little cold, I probably would have been happy with it if I got it for free like everyone else.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Fayetteville, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Great hotel, well run, very accomodating staff. The room was very comfortable and tastefully appointed. Great location for shopping and restaurants. The best part is if you have an early flight, you are minutes away from the airport. The breakfast was outstanding for $10. This is a great hotel for business travel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GmbestFortMyers_FL, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We hope that you will come and stay with us often!
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here after a late-night arrival at Fort Myers Airport, before driving to our second home in the area.

The room was quite comfortable and well-designed for business, with good lighting and convenient outlets. The king bed had dual controls for firmness and did it's job well. The bath was basic but worked well (shower only) and had good light.

The location is very convenient to RSW and is near a shopping center with some restaurants, though we didn't try them. The shuttle picked us up barely 10 minutes after we called from baggage claim and the driver was friendly and efficient, as were all the staff we encountered. Although it was a bit past midnight, The bartender graciously poured us a couple of glasses of wine that we took to our room. Breakfast was a step above most hotel offerings, with made-to-order egg dishes in addition to the buffet (well-priced at $10).

This is a very good choice for business travelers or those who need to stay close to the airport.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

As expected, the physical aspects were excellent. What set this place apart was the staff, who really extended themselves in a number of ways. The shuttle to neighboring restaurants was easy to use and took care of the late-night pickups promptly and reliably. The front desk and cleaning staff found and returned an item I mistakenly left when I checked out. Well done.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We attended the Family Weekend for my Daughters University (FGCU) and couldn't have been anymore pleased with our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, at Fort Myers Airport/FGUC.

Location was abolutely great for us. Besides being as close as possible from The University ( About 2 Miles ) it was located right off I-75 and exist 128 (Alico Rd). It was also right across from the Hugh Exterior mall across the street with lots of gerat dinning and shops all exterior type.

Back to the hotel. It was very comftable and clean. The lobby was great with lots of sitting areas. It had a wall of TV's which I thought it was great since all can watch whatever they wanted. Plus they had a great area for those who just wanted to hang out and play with their I-pads, and or Lab tops.

What I liked the most was their breakfast which I had every day. It was not only good but very affortable ($ 9.95) for a breakfast buffet which includes omletts to order. Also the rooms were very new and roomy.

Room Tip: Ask for a Mini Suite.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
North Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Let me tell you this should be the model Hilton Garden Inn. The breakfast was really good and the chef was wonderful. He can cook. The staff are really nice and attentive. I traveled here for business and wanted to stay an additional day. When I booked the extra night online I input the wrong dates. Let me tell you the manager worked miracles to help me out. I'll spare you the details but let me tell you Ron went above and beyond.

Because of my experience here I will stay here every time I stay in Ft Myers whether personally or for business.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This Hilton Garden Inn has been our "home" everytime we visit the Ft. Myers area. We are treated very well and the rooms are always nice and clean! The staff is very friendly and welcoming. I wish they would include a breakfast in the price but I must say that one day we had a full breakfast and it was excellent. Coffee is always available, of course! The cookies at night are very tempting!

Room Tip: The one bedroom suite is a real treat. Book online when the rates are low.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU? Share your experiences!