“Fresh, Fantastic, Friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Cape Coral
“Fresh, Fantastic, Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

This is an exceptional Italian Grill. Lot's of fresh fish selections, daily specials and italian
classics likes Osso Bucco. The meal prices are very reasonable and the portion size is
large. We always have "take home" food for the next day. Il Pomodoro has an extremely
attentive wait staff, an extensive wine list and a variety of freshly made desserts. I want
to also mention their delicious pizza and appetizers.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Florida
“Good but not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

The large portions are basic Italian, good but not great. Some dishes are better prepared than others. I have dined here with family and friends at least once a month since opening

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Salty sauces”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Dragged by friends who billed it as Italian cooking that matched Arthur Ave. in the Bronx. It was not close. I could not eat my pasta with red clam sauce. Too salty. The salads were drowninf in dressing. The dessertswere fine and the staff was friendly and attentive but the restaurant needs the work of a new chef wthout a salt shaker as his main act.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Fort Myers, Florida
“Average = Good for Fort Myers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

The inflated reviews reflect the fact that there are very limited dining options in Fort Myers. Il Pomodoro is good, but not great. Lunch is reasonable, but their dinner prices are high. Don't get me wrong, I eat here several times a month, but it's basic Italian food, nothing special.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fort Myers, Florida
“Great Food But Wish We Had a Different Waiter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

We have eaten at Il Pomodoro twice. The first time (Dec 2010)was a very pleasant experience: great food and excellent service. The second time was a mixed experience. We were seated promptly and our waiter approached the table. My wife whispered to me that he was a handsome tall fellow and I believe he knew it. He leaned forward, placed his knuckles on the table like an football lineman and asked for our drink order. It was served promptly. A while later, he approached the table, assumed the same posture and asked for our dinner order. As he walked away, my wife asked for a glass of water with lemon. He smiled and gave her a "Yes,Baby" wink. This was getting entertaining! The water took a while to arrive sans lemon. Much later, the waiter brought the lemon., saying something like,"I didn't forget you.". Our meal arrived in a reasonable time, just as I heard another waiter ( the one we had the first time) greet a table of new guests and recite the list of dinner specials, something our waiter neglected to do. Oh well, our meals were excellent. The deserts were HUGE. We all left with enough for another meal and my wife forgot to get the waiter's phone number. All in all, an enjoyable and somewhat entertaining meal. My wife will surely return.........and so will I.

• Visited March 2012