“Great location, great food.” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #8 of 61 Hotels in Fort Myers
GreenLeadersBronze level
Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts
“Great location, great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

If you love beaches and/or shell collecting you will love this Residence Inn's location. The Residence Inn is the best of the Marriott Hotels. But this particular Residence Inn has great food service, especially the evening socials.

Green Features: I think environmentalism is overrated. In fact, why the heck are we saving water? Enviro nazis said we were running out of water back in the 70s. Well, it looks like that was a lie.Man made Global warming is a lie too.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Stayed many times before, usually it's great. Chelsea at the front desk is exceptional, always greets you with a smile.
Our last visit was terrible, the front desk manager was rude and repeatedly lied to us.
We called the morning of our reservation to see when we might get into the hotel. They told us around 2:00, which was great since check in wasn't until 4. We dropped our bags and went and did some shopping returning at about 1:30. We were then told that it would be about 45min. So we hung around and after 45min, they told us it would be another hour. Again we waited, after an hour we were then told it would be after 4. If we had been told originally it would be after 4, we would not have wasted a vacation day hanging around the hotel. We were told a large group asked for a late check out and that's why our room wasn't ready. I was so frustrated at the way it was handled I just wanted to cancel my room. My elderly mother was tired and my children had used up all their patience, as did I. The front desk manager said we needed to cancel 24hours in advance and would not budge. We left anyhow and were charged for that nights stay. I believe the situation could have been handled much better.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Pam M, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to give us feedback. My sincere apologizes for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We hope we have the opportunity to better serve you again in the future and if I can be of any assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.
BOYNTON BEACH FL.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I would like to thank the staff for making this trip just so great. Took my grandchildren on an overnight to Ft Myers and this was a great choice for us. We showed up at noon and the young lady at the desk was so nice in saying they are working on my room and she would be glad to hold our bags if ewe wanted to go eat or use the pool. She came out to the pool to tell me the room was ready. Our corner King room was spotlessly clean and well stocked. The staff was friendly and polite. Breakfast was good with many choices which should satisfy everyone. I would stay there again anytime!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

This hotel surpassed our expectations at every level. Clean. Great value. Super hot tub and pool. Close to grocery store. Breakfast buffet is outstanding. Dinner socials at night is an added bonus. Stay here. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2014
Largo, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Let me first say that I'm not brand loyal and I don't think I've stayed with Marriott before. The price point of this chain is more than I usually spend but I ultimately chose because of its close proximity to Sanibel/Captiva. In the end, I feel the extra money spent was worth it. The hotel has a nice outside appearance. I took advantage of the free coffee bar available late into the evening. I was impressed with the continental/hot breakfast selection which was different both days. I don't know if this is typical of a Marriott chain but it sold me on what I paid for the room. The suites are spacious. The beds were comfortable enough but I rarely find a bed that gives me a great night sleep. We had a 3rd floor balcony room (322) facing the pool looking west toward the causeway. The hallway was well lit and didn't smell musty. I didn't experience loud, rowdy guests roaming the halls late and the hotel was near capacity. The water pressure could've been better. Since there is no ice machine, I appreciated the friendliness of staff providing us ice to keep our drinks cold at the beach both days. The only unfortunate circumstance was having one elevator go inoperable after check in that never got fixed and the other one VERY slow moving between floors on our check out day. I didn't let that sway my overall review. I will consider this hotel again.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Room was clean and beds comfy. One elevator was broken over a busy weekend, and the staff was barely polite and really didn't care. The breakfast was very slow, people waited for food to be prepared for ten minutes, and I found hair in my eggs.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Pam M, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear KSTravers,

Thank you staying with us and taking the time to give us feedback. Please accept our sincere apologizes for the inconveniences during our stay.

We did have an extremely busy week and unfortunately, we did have an elevator go down. As you could imagine, this was a nightmare for us as well. All of our staff are required to were gloves and hairnets and I am unaware of the situation with the eggs being reported, as I would have taken immediate steps to investigate that situation.

We hope that if you return to the Fort Myers/Sanibel area again, we would have the opportunity to better serve you.
Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This was a trip last year during July 4th that we stayed 3 nights for the extended weekend. Rooms were great along with the kitchen. Rooms were clean and comfortable as well. I highly recommend this place because it was great place to get around without hitting to much traffic from the island, nice side street to the beach preserve not far away as well.

Issue I did have is that they over booked the hotel for the weekend we made reservations for 3 months in advance. Moved us to a hotel (extended stay) down the street that looked like a total slum, dead bugs in the rooms, stains everywhere and a smell that was not good to say the least. After arguing that there was no way that we would stay there they moved us 10 miles away to another Marriott. Called and asked them to supply us a taxi for the night since we had so far to drive and wasn't going to be drinking and driving all of a sudden they have a room available! That is what happened when I kept calling the corporate office to complain.

But in the end after wasting a couple hours we finally got situated in our room for the next 3 nights and it was smooth sailing from then on out.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel? Share your experiences!