“Awesome stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 60 hotels in Fort Myers
Jacksonville, Florida
“Awesome stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This Residence Inn is awesome. Very comfortable rooms with separate bedroom area. They had a manager social hour the evening we arrived. Very nice appetizers included 2 kinds of meatballs, cheese & crackers, pound cake with strawberry sauce-it was wonderful. The breakfast was great too. The eating area was just beautiful-very upgraded from a normal breakfast area-very roomy with comfy seating. We liked the location too-very close to the causeway to Sanibel which we did visit. Also this Residence Inn is very close to a Publix-walking distance. We loved it there and will definitely stay again when we are in Fort Myers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Pam M, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your posting and I will certainly share them with our Team.

Your comments on our location, is absolutely what we believe to be one of our most valuable assets. It doesn't get much better than being nestled only minutes to Sanibel Island and it appears that you were able to enjoy, along with a little shopping!

Should your travels bring you back to SW Florida again, we hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Residence Inn Fort Myers - Sanibel.

372 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Ithaca, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed two nights and my one-bedroom suite was beautiful, roomy, and spotless. I loved the decor and the unusually comfortable couch, and enjoyed the extensive tv channels and the warm and friendly service. Because the public lobby computers were slow, the desk clerk allowed me to use their faster business computer for my Southwest check in. Service is a priority here. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. It was one of the highlights of my trip and definitely the best or second best stay I have ever had. (The Holiday Inn Express Tampa I-75 is also wonderful.) For your next trip, treat yourself to a stay at the Residence Inn Fort Myers-Sanibel. You'll hate to leave!

Room Tip: I stayed on the sixth floor facing the parking lot and found it to be very quiet and restful with a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
On behalf of our entire Staff, I want to thank you for your complimentary posting. I will certainly share it with everyone.

It is always great to hear that we have provided exemplary service to our guests, as we do our utmost to not only meet, but exceed our guests expectations. As the General Manager, it makes me proud to be affiliated with such a great Team!

Again, thank you for taking time to share your experience and we look forward to being able to welcome you back to your "home away from home" again in the future.

Lithia, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was somewhat hesitant when booking this hotel, as I tend to stick to slightly higher ranked accommodations. However, I really couldn't have been happier with this hotel. We were traveling with our three kids, all 5 and under in age. We were able to book a two bedroom suite, with full kitchen and living area, for a great price! The room was clean, well cared for, and modern. There was some mold in the bathroom tub which my husband is highly allergic to but we called the front desk and they sent up maintenance who scraped it all out and re-caulked.

If I had a complaint at all, it was that a couple of the front desk associates were slightly unhelpful. We originally only booked one night and once we arrived, we decided to see if we could stay another. We consulted the front desk and the first associate said that they were all booked up. That was it. I asked if we could be put on a waiting list and she told us to just check back the next day but that there were rarely cancellations on Saturdays. Later that day, we saw a gentleman at the desk and asked him if there had been any cancellations. He checked and said no, but also said that we weren't on the list to be notified if there were. What? Hadn't I asked the other lady that? We asked him if the chances were good of a cancellation and he said yes, that 12 people had already canceled that day. So who was telling the truth? We got on the list and the next day a lovely and very helpful woman named Cheryl called us and told us that we could stay and she got us the same room. So it all worked out in the end but was a little annoying getting there.

Overall though, I would highly recommend this hotel and we will stay there again the next time we head down to Sanibel.

Oh yes, breakfast was good, and the pool was nice too!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Valued past guest.....Thank you so much for your review, they are very important to us.

Although you had a bit of a trying time extending your stay, I am thrilled that your family had such a wonderful time during your stay. Looking into when you checked in and the surrounding hours, I saw that you had, in fact, interacted with two of our newer Associates. Your comments allow us the opportunity to see that we might need to have some more one on one training with them. We appreciate our guests that share experiences, so that we may get better.

I hope you can visit again and will allow us the opportunity to see our improvement!

Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed six nights on a family beach vacation. Liked the location, which is just across the bridge from Sanibel Island, a short drive to the Fort Meyers Beach pier and in the same shopping center as a Publix grocery store. The staff was very friendly, particularly in the dining room. We had a two queen size bed room, which was perfect for our family of four. The fridge was handy to keep the milk cold for our kids and we even prepared dinner a couple of nights using the small stove. There was a door between the living area and the bedroom so that our youngest could go to sleep without disruption from the rest of us playing games. The pool and hot tub were very well maintained. There were plenty of towels for the pool and beach us. We were even able to borrow beach chairs each day at no extra cost. We'll be back next year.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Pam M, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
To our valued past guests....

I am happy to see that you and your family enjoyed your time with us, as this is our main goal for the guests. I will definitely share your post, with the Staff as it is always nice to hear that their efforts are acknowledged. We do our best to make everyone feel at home.

Should your travels bring you back this way, we hope you will again, give us the priviledge to welcome you to our hotel again.

leics. UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We arrived at this property wondering if we had chosen well..no problems at all. They accomodated our request for a top floor room with balcony overlooking the marshland & pool.[pool more than adequate for a cool down but not set in landscaped gardens] The staff were very pleasant at all times.We are not breakfast people except on holiday so fully appreciated the choices on offer. The dining area is very light and airy and was never crowded.
We also enjoyed two evening suppers [free of charge] not gourmet style but after a long day of sightseeing it was easy eating & satisfying.
This is a Resdience Inn so not a 5* hotel on Fort Myers Beach but if you want cooking facilities, a comfy bed, a place to relax & unwind & a bit off the beaten track then I would certainly recommend. As stated on previous reviews Publix is just a few steps from the front door so it's easy to shop, as & when you desire.
If you want to kayak in San Carlos Bay & the mangrove swamp then Kayak Adventure on John Morriss Road, just beyond Publix is a must.
The toll to Sanibel & Captiva Islands is $6, a nice drive but for beach lovers only in my opinion.
All in all a great Residence Inn and highly recommended.

Room Tip: Two bedroom/two baths do not have a balcony. High floors offer best views as always, ask for ocean...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Valued past guest....thank you for your kind review!

You certainly got a chance to enjoy much of what not only the hotel has to offer, but many of the activities around us. We are always glad to hear that our guests were able to create good memories of their stay. I will definitely share your posting, as our Staff likes to hear that their efforts are acknowledged. We do our best to make everyone feel at home.

Should your travels bring you back to Fort Myers, we hope that you will again, give us the opportunity to welcome you.

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This hotel is so comfortable and home-like, sometimes I feel I could just live here. My husband and I were upgraded to a two bedroom suite from a one bedroom suite and it was very nice. It was great to not have to share a bathroom for a change.
The breakfast buffet is good and the breakfast area is bright and cheery. The pool, hot tub and workout areas are all great.
The hotel is convenient to shopping and restaurants...within walking distance for some. It is very convenient to Sanibel and Ft. Myers Beaches.
The desk personnel are very, very friendly and helpful.

The only problems I encountered on this stay were:
1. The internet service was not always good. I found that if you watch more than one YouTube video, the internet service provider cuts your access off and you have to call tech support to get it turned back on. They don't always answer your call either.
2. The housekeeping staff on my floor started working early in the morning and yelled loudly at each other up and down the hall making quite a lot of noise.
3. To top off the housekeepers noise, someone had a rottweiler staying with him which he brought out into the hall to bark loudly for a while about every 2 hours.

None of these things were actually the hotel's fault but were annoying all the same. I usually don't have problems like that when staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Valued past guest......I appreciate your comments and thank you for taking time to post your experience.

It is indeed very gratifying for us to hear from our satisfied guests and while I am glad that you were able to enjoy the hotel overall, I regret that you had to encounter some issues during your time. Because Residence Inn is a pet friendly hotel, it does not mean that we want our other guests to endure any disruption. As for the internet speed, we are in the process of increasing our broadband in the near future. I will also address the actions of our Housekeeping Associates. Please accept my sincerest apology for these inconveniences.

Once again, we appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer.

It's our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and we hope to serve you again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

As a Marriott Rewards and Time Share owner we are always looking for Marriott properties to stay while on vacation. The Residence Inn, Sanibel, FL was one of the nicest and friendliest hotels we have encountered in a long time and will definitely be going back there. The lobby decor is fresh and colorful and inviting, they served delicious full course breakfasts every morning and several nights a week served theme dinners such as Mexican and Italian. Outside the pool area is a gas grill, fireplace pit and sports court. The staff made it one of the cleanest places we have ever stayed and couldn't have been more courteous and accomodating. The location is close enough for daytrips to Naples and Sarasota and is just outside the causeway to Sanibel Island,. Very quiet also.

Room Tip: Higher floors afforded a better view of the area although it is not located on the water. It was ver...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Valued past guest....Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Our mission is to create exuberant guests and by your words we accomplished this.

We try hard to provide the best possible customer service to our guests and their satisfaction is our reward. Please know that I will share your posting with our entire Staff.

We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know we're doing something right! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Pam Miller

Been to Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel? Share your experiences!